Office managers serve as the lifeblood of their organizations, directing daily operations for their departments or front offices within small businesses. To grab a recruiter’s attention, your resume must demonstrate your unique blend of technical proficiencies, communication skills, leadership ability, and resource management experience. Not only that, it must hold a reader’s interest for more than the cursory six seconds it takes for most hiring managers to peruse a resume.
Fortunately, our office management resume templates are here to help you. We offer expert advice and examples to show you how to craft a stellar document with targeted, persuasive content.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Management Experience
After getting a recruiter’s attention with a powerful summary statement, you must maintain this momentum by selling your office management experience. Don’t forget to incorporate language from the job advertisement and use strong action verbs to pen dynamic descriptions. Our office management resume templates provide guidance on how to describe your expertise:
• Author and distribute both internal company memos and external communications to vendors, clients, and other business connections
• Monitor staff members’ calendars, screening incoming appointment requests and scheduling as appropriate
• Compose, edit, and distribute training schedules for new and current sales associates
• Plan and execute company events such as parties, outings, staff meetings, luncheons, and seminars
• Coordinate booth reservations and schedule staff presentations at conventions, trade shows, meetings, and festivals
Office Management Resume Tips
Our office management resume templates provide some useful examples when writing your own, along with other resources such as this office manager resume sample from LiveCareer. At the same time, you can hone your document into a persuasive marketing tool by following these tips.
1. Personalize Your Office Management Resume: Using the same version of your resume every time you apply for a position forfeits a critical opportunity to customize your content. Review the job description and incorporate keywords that line up with your own qualifications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: When written effectively, summary statements convince a recruiter to continue reading your resume. Craft yours as a marketing pitch, citing your most relevant qualifications and experience to prove that you’re the right candidate for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Back up the claims you presented in your summary statement with descriptive statements of your achievements in your work history section, focusing on the results you gained for previous employers.
Office Management Resume Templates
Before you send your resume to recruiters, review our collection of office management resume templates contributed by real-world professionals in your field. Don’t forget to check out My Perfect Resume's builder, a powerful resource packed with professional advice, spellchecking tools, and other features to help you compose and polish an on-point resume.
- Office Management Example 31
Assistant Manager (03/15/2016 – Currently )Famous Footwear , Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Trained new hires. Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ characteristics, compared different models, describ... more 32
- Office Management Example 32
Trisha A. Sutherland Work historyOffice Manager/Administrative Assistant – ( March 2005 – September 2009) Lamb Hanson Lamb Appraisal Associates, Inc., Seattle, Wa (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-m... more 33
- Office Management Example 33
Administrative Manager / Intake Coordinator (April 2014 – Present) Providence Ministries / Providence Women’s Recovery, Dalton, GA, USA Answered client queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hi... more 34
- Office Management Example 34
Customer Service – ( July 1999 – present) Budget Rent A car, Boston, Massachusetts (Massahcusettes) Responsible for greeting customers and providing a fast, friendly service to meet their car rental needs. This includes an... more 35
- Office Management Example 35
Ophthalmic Administrator (February 2010 – Present) Acuity Eye Physicians and Surgeons, Meriden, Connecticut, U.S.A. Human Resources Manager. Billing Manager. Marketing Manager. Payroll. Trained new hires. In-Office tech support. ... more 36
- Office Management Example 36
Kentwood Baseball League, Kentwood, Michigan Summer 2010 – Summer 2012 : Concession Stand Manager -Hired, trained and managed a concessions crew of approximately 20 employees 5 nights a week at a local non-profit baseball and softba... more 37
- Office Management Example 37
St. Mary, New Orleans, LA July 2012 – November 2012 : Bookkeeper Established tables of accounts and assigned entries to proper accounts. Responsible for daily entry of accounting transactions Prepared financial statements Produced m... more 38
- Office Management Example 38
Office Administrator, 10/05/2010 – 20/04/2013 HEERA SERVICES, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India Assisting in the administration of the company. Ensuring office procedures and systems operate efficiently. Answered customer queries in person... more 39
- Office Management Example 39
Administrative Head – ( 18-09-2014 – 30-09-2016) Mobinet Innovations Pvt. Ltd., pune, maharashtra (india) Evaluated the company environment and suggested changes to meliorate efficiency, productivity and employee positive a... more 40
- Office Management Example 40
Office Manager – ( January 18, 1991 – Current) National Peening, Statesville, NC (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 25 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Created an... more