Office managers serve as the lifeblood of their organizations, directing daily operations for their departments or front offices within small businesses. To grab a recruiter’s attention, your resume must demonstrate your unique blend of technical proficiencies, communication skills, leadership ability, and resource management experience. Not only that, it must hold a reader’s interest for more than the cursory six seconds it takes for most hiring managers to peruse a resume.
Fortunately, our office management resume templates are here to help you. We offer expert advice and examples to show you how to craft a stellar document with targeted, persuasive content.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Management Experience
After getting a recruiter’s attention with a powerful summary statement, you must maintain this momentum by selling your office management experience. Don’t forget to incorporate language from the job advertisement and use strong action verbs to pen dynamic descriptions. Our office management resume templates provide guidance on how to describe your expertise:
• Author and distribute both internal company memos and external communications to vendors, clients, and other business connections
• Monitor staff members’ calendars, screening incoming appointment requests and scheduling as appropriate
• Compose, edit, and distribute training schedules for new and current sales associates
• Plan and execute company events such as parties, outings, staff meetings, luncheons, and seminars
• Coordinate booth reservations and schedule staff presentations at conventions, trade shows, meetings, and festivals
Office Management Resume Tips
Our office management resume templates provide some useful examples when writing your own, along with other resources such as this office manager resume sample from LiveCareer. At the same time, you can hone your document into a persuasive marketing tool by following these tips.
1. Personalize Your Office Management Resume: Using the same version of your resume every time you apply for a position forfeits a critical opportunity to customize your content. Review the job description and incorporate keywords that line up with your own qualifications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: When written effectively, summary statements convince a recruiter to continue reading your resume. Craft yours as a marketing pitch, citing your most relevant qualifications and experience to prove that you’re the right candidate for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Back up the claims you presented in your summary statement with descriptive statements of your achievements in your work history section, focusing on the results you gained for previous employers.
Office Management Resume Templates
Before you send your resume to recruiters, review our collection of office management resume templates contributed by real-world professionals in your field. Don’t forget to check out My Perfect Resume's builder, a powerful resource packed with professional advice, spellchecking tools, and other features to help you compose and polish an on-point resume.
- Office Management Example 41
Office Manager – Gateway Palms Properties (May 2002/Present) Boynton Beach, Florida (United States) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Organized... more 42
- Office Management Example 42
October 2006 – Current / Crown Steel Sales, Inc., Chicago, IL Office Administrator -Activated accounts for new clients and maintained existing clients portfolios. -Monitored payments due from clients and promptly contacted clients... more 43
- Office Management Example 43
Office Manager (2011 – Current)Business Record Center/U-Store Self Storage, Portland, OR, United States Office Manager with four years of experience supporting division Vice President. Organized Director’s calendars, trave... more 44
- Office Management Example 44
Staff ITS Project Manager – ( 10/2015 – 03/2016) Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, The Woodlands, TX Coordinated multiple IT & Security field installation projects Assembled team and managed process Budgeted projects... more 45
- Office Management Example 45
Office Manager, Bookkeeper, October 2005 – current Loomis & Associates, Naperville, IL, US Enter orders received by phone and internet. Attend to voicemails and emails from customers and vendors. Provide support to customer se... more 46
- Office Management Example 46
Admin Assistant/ Sales Associate (July 2012 – December 2015)Regal Home, Staten Island, NY, United States Oversaw entire operation of all renovation projects such as kitchen/bathroom remodeling, exterior renovations, and all area... more 47
- Office Management Example 47
HR / Staffng Manager – ( January 26, 2015 – July 14, 2015) JV Industrial Companies, Ltd., Benicia, CA (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Organized Director’s calendars, tr... more 48
- Office Management Example 48
Produce Clerk/Orderwriter – ( June 2013 – Current) Meijer, Fort Wayne, IN, IN Handled, inspected, and stocked product. Interacted with, and assisted customers on a daily basis. Worked interdependently with a close team. Ma... more 49
- Office Management Example 49
Jack’s Box & Crate, LLC, Riverside, California June 2012 – Present : Human Resources/Accounts Payable/Clerical 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Created and maintained new filing systems. Tracked and maint... more 50
- Office Management Example 50
Renee Holt EducationWestern Washington University – 2017 Bellingham, Washington, United States Political Science, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Currently planning to major in Political ScienceCommunity service 2009-2013: Vo... more