Receptionists perform a variety of administrative functions in businesses, organizations, government offices, doctors' offices, and hospitals. The duties often vary from maintaining files to handling billing, depending on the work environment. When you customize one of our receptionist resume templates, you can easily focus your content on a specific industry sector.
For example, does your professional background involve work in the medical field? If yes, you may want to emphasize your experience handling insurance payments and collecting patient information. With the help of our experts, you can craft a well-polished document in a short amount of time.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Receptionist Experience
Professional receptionists are vital to the workplace. They often serve as the first point of contact for clients, customers, patients, and other visitors. Their duties run the gamut from answering phones and sorting mail to performing data entry and scheduling appointments. Whatever skill set you have, review our receptionist resume templates for examples of how to use action verbs and verbiage from the employer's ad to showcase your strengths:
• Take detailed phone messages and route calls to the correct party or voicemail in a timely fashion.
• Perform common administrative tasks, such as operating a computer, copier, fax machine, calculator, and adding machine
• Greet patrons and assist them by answering their questions or directing them to the appropriate staff member
• Maintain the general upkeep of the lobby, reception area, coffee station, and conference rooms throughout the day
• Process pre-certification of procedures and referrals for a multi-specialty doctor outpatient practice situated in a hospital setting
Receptionist Resume Tips
These receptionist resume templates help eliminate any doubts you may have about drafting your own document. It doesn't take much to put together a top-rate resume that attracts the attention of hiring personnel. Following best practices can improve the effectiveness of your job hunt.
1. Personalize Your Receptionist Resume: After a hiring manager looks at dozens of resumes, the applications may start looking alike. Distinguish your submission from the crowd by using reader-friendly fonts, such as Verdana, Century Gothic, and Tahoma.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This three-to-five-line "elevator pitch" works wonders when it comes to getting recruiters to sit up and take notice. It briefly spells out the reasons why an employer should hire you based on your relevant accomplishments, skills, and employment history.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Most people like a good story, including hiring personnel. You can engage them when you quantify your job performance, results, and accomplishments. Whenever possible, include stats, data, and numbers in the work experience section.
Receptionist Resume Templates
Browse our collection of real-world receptionist resume templates. Each one comes from actual jobseekers who submitted them to our site. Look for one you can tailor for your job-search needs.
The easiest way to get started is with a highly rated builder. Our partnership with My Perfect Resume provides applicants with simple-to-follow prompts that make writing resumes hassle-free.
- Receptionist Example 11
Cashier, server, short order cook – ( May 2011 – March 2012) Hilltop Pizza, Mt. Alto, West Virginia (United states) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Ordered and received supplies and re... more 12
- Receptionist Example 12
Sales Representative/Verifier – ( September 2010 – April 2012) News Market Enterprise inc., Anaheim, CA (United States) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 2 years receptionist/multi-l... more 13
- Receptionist Example 13
d 4 years years Proficient in Mac, PC, Windows, Power point/Keynote software, Experienced 5 years years Proficient in Mac & Windowns applications, Experienced 5 years years Certifications Typing Certification of 60 WPM with a 96% ... more 14
- Receptionist Example 14
Hospitality Associate Retail – Winchester Medical Center January 2016 – March 2016 // Winchester (USA) Dealt with the cash register, returns and exchange requests. Organized items, controlled inventory and cleaned the stor... more 15
- Receptionist Example 15
Franciscan Medical Group- The ROAD Clinic, Lakewood, WA September 2010 – Present : Patient Referral Specialist Franciscan Medical Group-Northwest Neurology-The ROAD Clinic, Lakewood, WA September 2006 – September 2001 : Senio... more 16
- Receptionist Example 16
Disptacher – ( 5/2002 – 8/2007) CSSS Inc., Anaheim, CA (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Trained new hires and making sure th... more 17
- Receptionist Example 17
Ashlee Sincraugh EducationCentral Washington University – N/A Ellensburg, WA, USA N/A, Exercise Science/Minor in Law/Justice One more year left before I am graduated. I am continuing my education through CWU’s online program.... more 18
- Receptionist Example 18
Banker – ( 1998 – 2003) Bank of Nova Scotia, Clarendon, Jamaica (Jamaica) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Distributed mail and int... more 19
- Receptionist Example 19
Military Enlisted – ( 04/01/2004 – Present ) U.S Army Reserves , Camp Penelton, CA (United States ) Military Seargent enchange of my squad. Military trained as a leader of soldiers.Patient Service Representative Recep... more 20
- Receptionist Example 20
(Filling out new patient paperwork when they would arrive at the facility, updated and organized patients charts as needed, and filled doctors orders into the patients chart.) References Elizabeth Couch- 1.434.572.6286 Department of Reha... more