Receptionists perform a variety of administrative functions in businesses, organizations, government offices, doctors' offices, and hospitals. The duties often vary from maintaining files to handling billing, depending on the work environment. When you customize one of our receptionist resume templates, you can easily focus your content on a specific industry sector.
For example, does your professional background involve work in the medical field? If yes, you may want to emphasize your experience handling insurance payments and collecting patient information. With the help of our experts, you can craft a well-polished document in a short amount of time.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Receptionist Experience
Professional receptionists are vital to the workplace. They often serve as the first point of contact for clients, customers, patients, and other visitors. Their duties run the gamut from answering phones and sorting mail to performing data entry and scheduling appointments. Whatever skill set you have, review our receptionist resume templates for examples of how to use action verbs and verbiage from the employer's ad to showcase your strengths:
• Take detailed phone messages and route calls to the correct party or voicemail in a timely fashion.
• Perform common administrative tasks, such as operating a computer, copier, fax machine, calculator, and adding machine
• Greet patrons and assist them by answering their questions or directing them to the appropriate staff member
• Maintain the general upkeep of the lobby, reception area, coffee station, and conference rooms throughout the day
• Process pre-certification of procedures and referrals for a multi-specialty doctor outpatient practice situated in a hospital setting
Receptionist Resume Tips
These receptionist resume templates help eliminate any doubts you may have about drafting your own document. It doesn't take much to put together a top-rate resume that attracts the attention of hiring personnel. Following best practices can improve the effectiveness of your job hunt.
1. Personalize Your Receptionist Resume: After a hiring manager looks at dozens of resumes, the applications may start looking alike. Distinguish your submission from the crowd by using reader-friendly fonts, such as Verdana, Century Gothic, and Tahoma.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This three-to-five-line "elevator pitch" works wonders when it comes to getting recruiters to sit up and take notice. It briefly spells out the reasons why an employer should hire you based on your relevant accomplishments, skills, and employment history.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Most people like a good story, including hiring personnel. You can engage them when you quantify your job performance, results, and accomplishments. Whenever possible, include stats, data, and numbers in the work experience section.
Receptionist Resume Templates
Browse our collection of real-world receptionist resume templates. Each one comes from actual jobseekers who submitted them to our site. Look for one you can tailor for your job-search needs.
The easiest way to get started is with a highly rated builder. Our partnership with My Perfect Resume provides applicants with simple-to-follow prompts that make writing resumes hassle-free.
- Receptionist Example 21
Kelly Jones EducationWest Virginia Wesleyan College – 2019 Buckhannon, WV, United States Accounting, None High school diploma Studying Undergrad Degree in Interior Design Master’s degree program in Business AdministrationInter... more 22
- Receptionist Example 22
Trainer (2002 – *)Telemarketing, Berekely, CA, USA Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires.Clerical (2001 – *)Insurance Company, Concord, CA, USA Answered custome... more 23
- Receptionist Example 23
House Keeping/Server (October 2012 – August 2013)Bridge Park Retirement, Seattle, WA Maintaining cleanliness throughout building Serving breakfast and lunch LaundryMassage Therapist (July 2013 – April 2014)InSpa, Red... more 24
- Receptionist Example 24
Bookkeeping – ( 2008 – 2011) Construction Safety Products, Nacogdoches, TX Contact: Bill @ 936-560-5521 Dealt with customers in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years bookkeeeping /multi-line phone experien... more 25
- Receptionist Example 25
Social Worker Assistant (November 2012 – March 2014)Park Manor Conroe, Conroe, Texas Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Distributed mail a... more 26
- Receptionist Example 26
Seasonal Operations Support (Custodian) – ( 2013 – Current) H & R Block, Memphis, TN Repair and replace items in assigned tax offices and deliver supplies. Assist with hiring fairs.Unit Secretary – ( 2009 ... more 27
- Receptionist Example 27
xreen csil EducationMidState Technical College, August 2012 Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, USA Certified Nursing Assistant, CertificationWork historyCo-Manager, September 2013 – October 2013 America’s Best Inn, Antigo, Wi, ... more 28
- Receptionist Example 28
Cashier, 6/15/1999 – 8/10/2004 Heinen, Middleburg Heights, Ohio, U.S. Dealt with customer problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Anticipated customers’ needs and recommended products. Operated the cash register ... more 29
- Receptionist Example 29
Recptionist, Febuary 2013 – Current Airribba! Heating, Air & Remodeling, Texarkana, TX, United States Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Created and maintained new fil... more 30
- Receptionist Example 30
OR Scheduling Coordinator (1998 – 2012) The Vanderbilt Clinic, Nashville, TN, United States Scheduled outpatient procedures in the GI Endoscopy Lab. Maintained the physicians schedule and communicated appointment date and time wi... more