Art directors need to coordinate their departments to produce exceptional finished products. Your resume needs to show the same attention to detail and organization that goes in to every project you direct. The right art director resume template gives a summary of how you can help the company, spotlights your most attractive qualifications, and sells you as a candidate for the job.
If you're better at organizing people than words, this advice can help you to put your best foot forward on your resume. More than just a few tips, get real-life samples of how to create your best resume.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Art Director Experience
Because art directors have a high median income with relatively low education requirements, there's stiff competition for most positions. To maximize the value of your past experience, you need to craft a resume that demonstrates your effectiveness as a director. Use action verbs for a more dynamic feel, and be sure to include keywords from the job description. The art director resume templates can give you an idea job description writing, such as:
• Create and direct diverse media types including email advertising, paper ad campaigns, and client websites
• Design interior spaces to produce a visually appealing and welcoming area for clients and guests
• Act as a liaison with other groups and departments to generate cohesive products on all projects
• Organize artists, writers, and graphic designers to work efficiently on individual elements of creations as a whole
• Oversee multiple projects with varied goals and deadlines, ensuring the completion of all jobs on time and under budget
Art Director Resume Tips
A well-written art director resume template gets you well on your way to creating an outstanding resume. Separate yourself from the pack by including these tips to produce a memorable introduction.
1. Personalize Your Art Director Resume: After reading hundreds of resumes, hiring managers can spot a cookie cutter application when they see one. Take the time to show what makes you unique and how your abilities can benefit the company.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Write a concise but detailed introduction of who you are and what you bring to the table. By grabbing employers attention from the beginning, you can receive more focus on the rest of your resume.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Vague declarations of being "team-oriented" aren't as effective as illustrating how you produce award-winning team projects. By showing qualifications rather than simply saying you have them, you make them more real for the reader.
Art Director Resume Templates
Browse our collection of art director resume templates to see successful documents from real-life jobseekers. These examples are perfect for letting you know what is effective on an application. For more assistance, why not use the resume builder of our partners at My Perfect Resume to create the foundation of a powerful resume? Its industry-specific examples and section-by-section spell check make it easy to create attention-grabbing resumes.
- Art Director Example 1
Laura Gomez EducationYWLA at Bill Arnold Middle School – 8 Grand Prairie, Texas, United States theatre, none I love acting. Ive been acting since i was 8. We would do a lot of plays in my elementary school. I take theatre in middle sch... more 2
- Art Director Example 2
xria ximi Education Pishgam, 2007, TehranTehran, Iran Highschool, Highschool I finished my Highschool in IranSeattle Central College, 2016, SeattleWashington, United States Undecided, The Associate of Arts (A.A.) Transfer Degree I... more 3
- Art Director Example 3
Sofia Benbrahim EducationMercy College – 2017 Dobbs Ferry, New York, United States Bachelors of Sciences, Media/Film Production Screen Writing, Directing, Editing.Work HistoryServer/ Bartender – ( Jun 2015 – Jan 2016... more 4
- Art Director Example 4
Cabell Midland High School / Multi Schools, Ona, West Virginia (USA) Art teacher (Elementary Art, Ceramics, Art 1, Painting I/II), 2012 – Present engage, differentiate, and manage approximately 120 9th-12th grade students daily c... more 5
- Art Director Example 5
CabeÃ§a Amarela Films, SÃ£o Paulo, SÃ£o Paulo october 2015 – november 2015 : Producer and direct audio capture Selected the team including director and editors. Searched and chose locations for filming. Created and wrote scri... more 6
- Art Director Example 6
CEO, Founder – ( June 2012 – Current) AJC, Ladera Ranch, CA (USA) Responsible for art direction and design Developed ideas into final products by making sketches of ideas, selected colors, patterns that worked together in ... more 7
- Art Director Example 7
Barbara Nicole Gausman Education University of Texas at Arlington, Plano, TX Advertising, Art director, 2019 Pursing undergraduate degree in advertising Education and Training University of Arlington, Plano, TX Advertising, Art Director, 2019 Pu... more 8
- Art Director Example 8
adidas Field Agent, December 5, 2016 – Current Archrival, New York, NY, United States Served as the client principal point of contact for different campaigns. Increased brand presence in Internet using different online sites such a... more 9
- Art Director Example 9
Creating events on social media platforms to promote events. 2Planning President of High School class of 2016. 5Basic Accounting Closing and keeping track of registers. 3Areas of expertiseCommunication Currently studying com... more 10
- Art Director Example 10
Cashier – Burger King December 2015 – present // Plymouth (United States) Formulated concept and rendered illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, and imagination.Technical skillsappreciation for fine de... more