There are many different kinds of designers in the world. For instance, many fashion designers are responsible for creating original clothing, footwear, and accessories. In addition to a portfolio showcasing what you have created in the past, you also need a resume detailing your work history.
If you are unsure of what exactly is wrong with your job application, then you need to take a look at several of our designer resume templates. Real-world professionals created these documents, and you have a lot to learn from them. Here are some extra pointers to remember as you edit this important document.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Designer Experience
You may have a firm idea of the responsibilities associated with fashion designers. However, you may not know how exactly to word these phrases, other than utilizing action verbs and using the same language displayed in the ad. Review the designer resume templates for ideas, and here are some examples of the most common duties related to this line of work in case you need further inspiration:
• Sketch both rough and detailed drawings of new fashions, writing down specific information such as dimensions, color schemes, and material types
• Provide sample garments to sales representatives and agents, and plan to showcase new fashions
• Attend fashion shows to determine new trends in the industry, and adjust new designs as necessary
• Design a wide range of clothing needed for retailers and film productions
• Sew together pieces of material to create samples
Designer Resume Tips
All these designer resume templates have helped jobseekers land interviews. However, many people wonder what precisely they do so well that makes them desirable to hiring managers. The truth is that they all abide by the following rules practically all employers want to see on applications.
1. Personalize Your Designer Resume: You should read the job ad several times to see what keywords the hiring manager repeated. Make sure to include those keywords and phrases in your own document, because the employer will likely look for them.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Because the summary statement is the first thing a hiring manager reads, it is the most important section. You need to include your most pertinent skills and accomplishments in this paragraph to entice the employer to continue reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Sprinkle in professional success stories to showcase what you have done for employers in the past. Listing achievements is a great way to show you absolutely have the skills necessary to be an asset to the company.
Designer Resume Templates
Real-world jobseekers created these designer resume templates, so you can trust their quality. These documents helped people land interviews, so follow the same guidelines to enhance your job search.
There is another highly advantageous tool if you need more help crafting the perfect submission. My Perfect Resume allows you to build your resume piece by piece until it is perfect.
- Designer Example 1
Visual Merchandiser (5/2014 – 11/2015)White House Black Market, Orlando, FL Processed and organized new merchandise. Executed floor sets according to planograms. Changed out shelving displays Arranged jewelry fixtures. Processe... more 2
- Designer Example 2
Head Interior Designer/ Furniture Sales (10/11/1999 – 5/31/13)Henco Furniture, Selmer, TN, USA Hired and controlled contractors, workrooms, installers. Trained staff and interns Recruited and managed interns. Trained all new fur... more 3
- Designer Example 3
Designer (March 2012 – present)Twisted Stem Floral, Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States Developed ideas into final products by making sketches of ideas, selected colors, patterns and fabric, that worked together in a creative... more 4
- Designer Example 4
Advertising/Graphic Design/Bookkeeper – ( 2013 – 2014) Sanitation Products of America, Tallahassee, Florida (United States) Quickbooks, Constant Contact, developed ideas with graphic designer, charged accounts and maintaine... more 5
- Designer Example 5
Aafreen Khan EducationRosaryhill School, 2016 Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong HighSchool, DSE I am a recent high school graduate from Rosaryhill School but will receive the school’s official graduation certificate on the 28th of May, 2016.... more 6
- Designer Example 6
Shop Forman – ( 3/1/85 – 1/1/90) Lakeville Industries, Inc., Lindenhurst, New York XIT manager – ( Xx – X) Lakeville, X, X XShowroom Manager – ( X – X) X, X, Xx XCustomer Servic... more 7
- Designer Example 7
Designer – ( 2012 – 2016) Personal business, Mumbai , Maharashtra Liaised with clients to discuss subject and purpose of the required artwork: what illustrations would best suit the narrative and what message they were tr... more 8
- Designer Example 8
2013 August – Current / West Elm, Oak Brook, IL – 60523 Visual Design Visual merchandise presentation Ensuring image and style of the company Maintaining fixtures, shelving, lights, signage and equipment Stimulating sales acti... more 9
- Designer Example 9
Danielle Fisher Objective Agile and responsible employee who is well equipped in customer service relations with the capacity to learn new things quickly. Prompt and hard working individual who will add positivity and quirk to your establishment. ... more 10
- Designer Example 10
autocad designer – masters refrigeration – (6/03/17/10/04/17) bangalore, karnataka, india Studied layouts, sketches of proposed illustrations, and related materials. Headed projects for clients if required, to ensure projec... more