An aspiring fashionista is creative and meticulous and possesses a strong business sense. Your resume needs to reflect those traits and others that fashion employers seek in future employees. While it is undoubtedly difficult to convey one's creativity and business savvy in a single-page document, it is necessary. Get the help you need and review our collection of winning fashion resume templates. Use them as guidance when creating your own document, and, if you need additional help, reach out to one of our resume-writing experts.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Fashion Experience
The fashion industry consists of designers, merchandisers, retailers, personal assistants, and a variety of other types of professionals. In short, there is a place for just about everyone. That said, that doesn't mean that the industry will accept anyone. Your resume should communicate your passion, skill, creativity, and eye for detail in a clear and concise manner. Use action verbs, language sampled from the job ad, and our
fashion resume templates for guidance, or use these examples to get started:
• Prioritize helping customers over performing other routine tasks in the store
• Work with the design team, production, and sales to conceptualize and plan seasonal collections for all divisions
• Developed new merchandising strategy to appeal to the ideal client and achieve incremental business
• Educate the customers about the brand to generate excitement regarding the company's mission and values
• Handle all customer relations issues in a patient and gracious manner and in accordance with company policy
Fashion Resume Tips
While these fashion resume templates serve as a great starting point for any aspiring fashionista, there are certain steps you can take to create a document that exceeds employer expectations. Here are a few tips you can use to craft a winning document:
1. Personalize Your Fashion Resume: No two resumes that you send out should ever be the same. Though you should have a strong foundation upon which to start, personalize each application by incorporating keywords and phrases found in the job ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have six seconds to impress potential employers with your resume. Hold a recruiter's attention by crafting a powerful summary statement that conveys your skill, passion, and value in one or two brief sentences.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Anyone can say that they're "detail oriented" or that they have "great communication skills." Set yourself apart from the crowd and use specific examples to convey your skill set and value.
Fashion Resume Templates
We have a collection of fashion resume templates for you to peruse and use as needed. However, if you find that you need more assistance, give My Perfect Resume's free resume builder a try. The builder comes with industry-specific text examples and professionally-written descriptions that allow users to create application-ready resumes.
- Fashion Example 1
Helper – ( September 18th, 2014 – September 19th, 2014) Broomfield High School, Broomfield, Colorado (USA) Worked with little children in a team fundraiser, “The Little Cheers Clinic.” The children were ages fiv... more 2
- Fashion Example 2
Karen Lim EducationKeystone Online Highschool/ UNiversity of Nations – 2012/ 2013 Alpharetta/ Kansas City, GA, USA Missional Training, University of Nations degree I have been traveling , and gaining experiential knowledge as serving ... more 3
- Fashion Example 3
Fashion Member (Janruary – March) TM, Pheonix , Arizona, USA Visited manufacturers and trade shows to select fabrics and patterns Developed ideas into final products by making sketches of ideas, selected colors, patterns and fabri... more 4
- Fashion Example 4
xdall xvin Education tc williams high school, 2012, alexandriava, usa fashion, diploma In high school i learned all about the; triangle, inverted triangle, rectangle, hourglass, diamond, and rounded shapes when it comes to the body types.... more 5
- Fashion Example 5
NCH Healthcare System, Naples, FL – Florida (United States) Patient Safety Technician, December 2015 – August 2016 Assisted patients, provided bedside care, and other healthcare needs as well as daily living activities. Offe... more 6
- Fashion Example 6
Receptionist, & Customer Service. – ( June 2013 – October 2013) Delux Nails, Keller, Tx (United States ) Researched fashion trends and forecasted future trends Developed ideas into final products by making sketches of ... more 7
- Fashion Example 7
xtlin th Work history Lead Server (November, 2010 – Present)La Corsha Hospitality – Bar Congress, Austin, Texas Provide a fun, informative and memorable experience for guests of the restaurant and bar while overseeing training ... more 8
- Fashion Example 8
The Law Office of Stasy Click, Phoenix, Arizona August 2012 – Current : File Clerk I was responsible for maintaining a company’s records. Codes, files, and retrieves records as needed and ensures system is well organized. My p... more 9
- Fashion Example 9
Smiling Rainbow Kid’s Organization, New York, New York Founder, 2005 – Present I started this organization at the age of 9 when I saw a teddy bear floating in the water during the time of Hurricane Katrina. Since then I have... more 10
- Fashion Example 10
Maggies Boutique, Prosper, Texas (United states) Intern, September 2016 – June 2017 Developed ideas into final products by making sketches of ideas, selected colors, patterns and fabric, that worked together in a creative and a f... more