An aspiring fashionista is creative and meticulous and possesses a strong business sense. Your resume needs to reflect those traits and others that fashion employers seek in future employees. While it is undoubtedly difficult to convey one's creativity and business savvy in a single-page document, it is necessary. Get the help you need and review our collection of winning fashion resume templates. Use them as guidance when creating your own document, and, if you need additional help, reach out to one of our resume-writing experts.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Fashion Experience
The fashion industry consists of designers, merchandisers, retailers, personal assistants, and a variety of other types of professionals. In short, there is a place for just about everyone. That said, that doesn't mean that the industry will accept anyone. Your resume should communicate your passion, skill, creativity, and eye for detail in a clear and concise manner. Use action verbs, language sampled from the job ad, and our
fashion resume templates for guidance, or use these examples to get started:
• Prioritize helping customers over performing other routine tasks in the store
• Work with the design team, production, and sales to conceptualize and plan seasonal collections for all divisions
• Developed new merchandising strategy to appeal to the ideal client and achieve incremental business
• Educate the customers about the brand to generate excitement regarding the company's mission and values
• Handle all customer relations issues in a patient and gracious manner and in accordance with company policy
Fashion Resume Tips
While these fashion resume templates serve as a great starting point for any aspiring fashionista, there are certain steps you can take to create a document that exceeds employer expectations. Here are a few tips you can use to craft a winning document:
1. Personalize Your Fashion Resume: No two resumes that you send out should ever be the same. Though you should have a strong foundation upon which to start, personalize each application by incorporating keywords and phrases found in the job ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have six seconds to impress potential employers with your resume. Hold a recruiter's attention by crafting a powerful summary statement that conveys your skill, passion, and value in one or two brief sentences.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Anyone can say that they're "detail oriented" or that they have "great communication skills." Set yourself apart from the crowd and use specific examples to convey your skill set and value.
Fashion Resume Templates
We have a collection of fashion resume templates for you to peruse and use as needed. However, if you find that you need more assistance, give My Perfect Resume's free resume builder a try. The builder comes with industry-specific text examples and professionally-written descriptions that allow users to create application-ready resumes.
- Fashion Example 11
Maggies Boutique, Prosper, Texas (United states) Intern, September 2016 – June 2017 Developed ideas into final products by making sketches of ideas, selected colors, patterns and fabric, that worked together in a creative and a f... more 12
- Fashion Example 12
September 2003 – current / Cutting Corners, Dallas, TX Textile Buyer Lead Administrator and program director for corporate conversion to FileMaker Pro Server giving retail stores real time inventory. Advanced knowledge of FileMaker... more 13
- Fashion Example 13
Lifeguard – ( May 2014 – September 2014) Murray City Public Pool, Murray, KY (United States ) Controlled children’s play activities Sanitized utensils. Maintained toys and play equipment clean and safe. Provided soci... more 14
- Fashion Example 14
Sarah Cain EducationUniversity of Arkansas – Junior Fayetteville, Arkansas Fashion Merchandising, Apparel Studies Undergraduate degree in Apparel StudiesAffiliation Pi Beta Phi: 2012-Present Public Relations Student Society of Am... more 15
- Fashion Example 15
lia ad InterestsWork history After school / summer camp counselor – Starma Youth Sports (August 19th, 2013/August 12th, 2016) Gainesville, Florida (United States) Phone number: (352)374-4950 Address: 500 NW 60th St. Gainesvil... more 16
- Fashion Example 16
MarÃa Victoria Rojo EducationColegio InglÃ©s – 2014 Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay High School, Senior Year Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic DesignInterests Art Piano Travelling Dancing Objective Sixteen year old girl willi... more 17
- Fashion Example 17
tney xand ObjectiveDetail-oriented, confident, and adaptable PR and Fashion Merchandising professional with the following attributes and skills: Exceptional communication qualities Strong, professional editorial and writing skills Thoroug... more 18
- Fashion Example 18
Bus Boy (08/22/2016 – 10/28/2016)Sasha’s, Arlington , Texas, United States Collaborate with waitstaff to ensure that tables are cleared, cleaned and waiting for the next party Assist in washing dishes if the kitchen staff... more 19
- Fashion Example 19
Nyla Cash EducationLawrence North High School – 2017 Indianapolis, Indiana, USA N/A, N/A N/AInterests Photography Dance Sports Helping Others Homework Listening to Music Fashion Awards Made High Distinguished Honor Roll Freshmen ... more 20
- Fashion Example 20
xpika da Personal informationFather’s Name: Dibakar gouda Mother’s Name: jharana gouda D.O.B: 5th september 1995 Gender: FemaleTechnical skillsfashion design , Textile design , merchandising, sketching, designing idea ̵... more