An aspiring fashionista is creative and meticulous and possesses a strong business sense. Your resume needs to reflect those traits and others that fashion employers seek in future employees. While it is undoubtedly difficult to convey one's creativity and business savvy in a single-page document, it is necessary. Get the help you need and review our collection of winning fashion resume templates. Use them as guidance when creating your own document, and, if you need additional help, reach out to one of our resume-writing experts.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Fashion Experience
The fashion industry consists of designers, merchandisers, retailers, personal assistants, and a variety of other types of professionals. In short, there is a place for just about everyone. That said, that doesn't mean that the industry will accept anyone. Your resume should communicate your passion, skill, creativity, and eye for detail in a clear and concise manner. Use action verbs, language sampled from the job ad, and our
fashion resume templates for guidance, or use these examples to get started:
• Prioritize helping customers over performing other routine tasks in the store
• Work with the design team, production, and sales to conceptualize and plan seasonal collections for all divisions
• Developed new merchandising strategy to appeal to the ideal client and achieve incremental business
• Educate the customers about the brand to generate excitement regarding the company's mission and values
• Handle all customer relations issues in a patient and gracious manner and in accordance with company policy
Fashion Resume Tips
While these fashion resume templates serve as a great starting point for any aspiring fashionista, there are certain steps you can take to create a document that exceeds employer expectations. Here are a few tips you can use to craft a winning document:
1. Personalize Your Fashion Resume: No two resumes that you send out should ever be the same. Though you should have a strong foundation upon which to start, personalize each application by incorporating keywords and phrases found in the job ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have six seconds to impress potential employers with your resume. Hold a recruiter's attention by crafting a powerful summary statement that conveys your skill, passion, and value in one or two brief sentences.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Anyone can say that they're "detail oriented" or that they have "great communication skills." Set yourself apart from the crowd and use specific examples to convey your skill set and value.
Fashion Resume Templates
We have a collection of fashion resume templates for you to peruse and use as needed. However, if you find that you need more assistance, give My Perfect Resume's free resume builder a try. The builder comes with industry-specific text examples and professionally-written descriptions that allow users to create application-ready resumes.
- Fashion Example 21
Nail Technician – CJ Nails 2014 – 2016 // Davenport (USA) Provided services of manicures, pedicures, and design. Answered phones calls and made appointments.Promotional Model – Barbizon Modeling and Acting 08/05/... more 22
- Fashion Example 22
Brand Developer | Blogger | Social Media Coordinator – ( Jan 2011 – Present ) The Darling Society, Oakland , CA (USA) Built and developed the Darling Bonnie + Darling Society Brand from the ground up. Creator and Writer o... more 23
- Fashion Example 23
Adonis, Mississauga, Ontario June/30/2013 – July/27/2015 : Grocery Store Customer Service Representative Welcome customers as they arrive at the supermarket Assist customers in finding their choice of items or escort them to the ri... more 24
- Fashion Example 24
Senior Merchandiser, 01 Octobor, 2013 – Continuing AZS Sourcing, House# 328-330, Road# 02, Sector# 01, DOHS, Mirpur,, Dhaka, Bangladesh Responsible for supplier sourcing, cost and proto price negotiations, handling quotations and s... more 25
- Fashion Example 25
Visual Merchandiser (April 2013 – Current)Olive and Olafs, Brooklyn, NY, USA Researched historical fashion trends and forecasted their relevancy to the current market Merchandised displays to meet current market solely with vin... more 26
- Fashion Example 26
xmela grace xraz Technical skillsModeling, Fashion – 3 years yearsMake Up , Cosmetics – 4 years yearsAreas of expertiseFashion Designer, Clothes Line – 2 years years1 year at fashion agency as a working student... more 27
- Fashion Example 27
RavenDenim, Raven New York LLC. Partners and investors: Milk Studios NY/LA (2003 – 2008)Founder/Co-Owner/Design Director, New York, NY Visualized and built a Denim mega brand from conception. Brand was established and recogni... more 28
- Fashion Example 28
Hostess – ( March 2013 – November 2013) Boulder Creek Steakhouse, Brooklyn, NY (United States) Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Talked with customers to help with doubts and to make sure of client’... more 29
- Fashion Example 29
Waitress (May 23, 2014 – Current)Mayflower, Rural Hall, NC, United States Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Dealt with customer payments. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold... more 30
- Fashion Example 30
Personal Assistant/Receptionist, June 2012 – May 2014 MBM Travel/Napa Valley Chauffeur, Vallejo/Napa Valley, California, USA + Calling Clients regarding scheduling for limos, wine tours, etc. + Go through emails and reply when need... more