An aspiring fashionista is creative and meticulous and possesses a strong business sense. Your resume needs to reflect those traits and others that fashion employers seek in future employees. While it is undoubtedly difficult to convey one's creativity and business savvy in a single-page document, it is necessary. Get the help you need and review our collection of winning fashion resume templates. Use them as guidance when creating your own document, and, if you need additional help, reach out to one of our resume-writing experts.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Fashion Experience
The fashion industry consists of designers, merchandisers, retailers, personal assistants, and a variety of other types of professionals. In short, there is a place for just about everyone. That said, that doesn't mean that the industry will accept anyone. Your resume should communicate your passion, skill, creativity, and eye for detail in a clear and concise manner. Use action verbs, language sampled from the job ad, and our
fashion resume templates for guidance, or use these examples to get started:
• Prioritize helping customers over performing other routine tasks in the store
• Work with the design team, production, and sales to conceptualize and plan seasonal collections for all divisions
• Developed new merchandising strategy to appeal to the ideal client and achieve incremental business
• Educate the customers about the brand to generate excitement regarding the company's mission and values
• Handle all customer relations issues in a patient and gracious manner and in accordance with company policy
Fashion Resume Tips
While these fashion resume templates serve as a great starting point for any aspiring fashionista, there are certain steps you can take to create a document that exceeds employer expectations. Here are a few tips you can use to craft a winning document:
1. Personalize Your Fashion Resume: No two resumes that you send out should ever be the same. Though you should have a strong foundation upon which to start, personalize each application by incorporating keywords and phrases found in the job ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have six seconds to impress potential employers with your resume. Hold a recruiter's attention by crafting a powerful summary statement that conveys your skill, passion, and value in one or two brief sentences.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Anyone can say that they're "detail oriented" or that they have "great communication skills." Set yourself apart from the crowd and use specific examples to convey your skill set and value.
Fashion Resume Templates
We have a collection of fashion resume templates for you to peruse and use as needed. However, if you find that you need more assistance, give My Perfect Resume's free resume builder a try. The builder comes with industry-specific text examples and professionally-written descriptions that allow users to create application-ready resumes.
- Fashion Example 31
shop assistant – ( 07/2011 – 09/2013) Tommy Hilfiger, Trier, RLP (Germany) -Visual merchandising -story telling of the brand -customer consultingshop assistant – ( 07/2011 – 04/2014) Adenauer & Co., ... more 32
- Fashion Example 32
Crew member – cashier/cook september 2015 – september 2016 // marshall () Planned meals and preparation, and supervised the cooks team in the restaurant. Dealt with customer problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpf... more 33
- Fashion Example 33
Assistant/Apprentice – ( May 2014 – May 2015) Edit Salon, Chicago, IllInois (USA) Assistant duties- Stocking retail and taking inventory, Stocking back bar and taking inventory, greeting clients, shampoos, blow dry & s... more 34
- Fashion Example 34
Fashion merchandise production and design Managers, Aug/2007 – Jun/2010 Press USA., Los Angeles, CA, USA Visited manufacturers and trade shows to select fabrics and patterns Developed ideas into final products by making sketches of... more 35
- Fashion Example 35
USA Visual Merchandising Manager – Cotton On KIDS USA (March 2010/Present) Los Angeles, CA (USA) I am the Visual Merchandising Manager for Cotton On Kids USA. I ensure the brand is properly represented in country by managing and t... more 36
- Fashion Example 36
Visuals (June 2012 – May 2014)Brandy Melville, Paramus, NJ, USA My job at Brandy Melville consisted of customer service and working the floor, using the cash register, as well as putting together the outfits that went on the man... more 37
- Fashion Example 37
Freelance Modeling – ( January 2007 – February 2007) The Idea House, Round Rock, Texas (U.S.A.) Performed runway modeling for charity fashion show produced by The Idea House.References Candace McKinley, coach & tea... more 38
- Fashion Example 38
Student Aid (02/12 – 12/13)Bronx Community College, N.Y., Bronx, USA Assisted students with logging in computers as well as any other computer related needs Maintaining a clean and professional work place Ensuring good costume... more 39
- Fashion Example 39
Host/Cashier – ( March 2013 – December 2013) Restaurant, Buffalo Grove, Il Was able to operate on a cashier and work the computer system. Also greeted customers as a hostess.Day Care Specialist – ( March 2014 ... more 40
- Fashion Example 40
Teacher’s assistant (2012 – 2014)The Le20arning Castle , La Canada Flintridge , CA, USA Developed exhibition and graphic design vocabularies Developed initial ideas and concepts and produced designs using hand drawings and... more