An aspiring fashionista is creative and meticulous and possesses a strong business sense. Your resume needs to reflect those traits and others that fashion employers seek in future employees. While it is undoubtedly difficult to convey one's creativity and business savvy in a single-page document, it is necessary. Get the help you need and review our collection of winning fashion resume templates. Use them as guidance when creating your own document, and, if you need additional help, reach out to one of our resume-writing experts.
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Fashion Experience
The fashion industry consists of designers, merchandisers, retailers, personal assistants, and a variety of other types of professionals. In short, there is a place for just about everyone. That said, that doesn't mean that the industry will accept anyone. Your resume should communicate your passion, skill, creativity, and eye for detail in a clear and concise manner. Use action verbs, language sampled from the job ad, and our
fashion resume templates for guidance, or use these examples to get started:
• Prioritize helping customers over performing other routine tasks in the store
• Work with the design team, production, and sales to conceptualize and plan seasonal collections for all divisions
• Developed new merchandising strategy to appeal to the ideal client and achieve incremental business
• Educate the customers about the brand to generate excitement regarding the company's mission and values
• Handle all customer relations issues in a patient and gracious manner and in accordance with company policy
Fashion Resume Tips
While these fashion resume templates serve as a great starting point for any aspiring fashionista, there are certain steps you can take to create a document that exceeds employer expectations. Here are a few tips you can use to craft a winning document:
1. Personalize Your Fashion Resume: No two resumes that you send out should ever be the same. Though you should have a strong foundation upon which to start, personalize each application by incorporating keywords and phrases found in the job ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have six seconds to impress potential employers with your resume. Hold a recruiter's attention by crafting a powerful summary statement that conveys your skill, passion, and value in one or two brief sentences.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Anyone can say that they're "detail oriented" or that they have "great communication skills." Set yourself apart from the crowd and use specific examples to convey your skill set and value.
Fashion Resume Templates
We have a collection of fashion resume templates for you to peruse and use as needed. However, if you find that you need more assistance, give My Perfect Resume's free resume builder a try. The builder comes with industry-specific text examples and professionally-written descriptions that allow users to create application-ready resumes.
- Fashion Example 41
Line Server (02/14/16 – Present)Chipotle, Westminster , CA, United States Handled all customer queries and complaints smoothly and professionally. Worked in a fast paced environment. Informed and explained the menu to customers.... more 42
- Fashion Example 42
Sales and Merchandising Associate (November 2011 – Present)West Elm, Henderson, Nevada, USA Providing exceptional customer service, merchandising product effectively, reaching sales goals, having knowledge about each productS... more 43
- Fashion Example 43
Model , 05/2012 – 06/2012 Hollister Co., Bowling Green , Kentucky, USA Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ characteristics, compared different models, described purchase terms and conditions, provided inf... more 44
- Fashion Example 44
Cashier, April 2015 – July 2015 Target, West Hills, California ?? Handled all customer relations issues in a gracious manner and in accordance with company policies. ?? Operated a cash register for cash, check and credit card trans... more 45
- Fashion Example 45
Caitlin Keating EducationRollins College – 2012 Winter Park, Florida, USA Art History, Bachelor of the Arts 3.4 GPAWork historyGallery Assistant – ( September 2007 – July 2008) Carla’s Clay, Sarasota, Florida ... more 46
- Fashion Example 46
Volunteered 3 times for the “Dylan Flinchum Rock On” foundation, raised thousands for a child with Chiari malformation. ... more 47
- Fashion Example 47
DASH Youth Leader (3/1/2011 – 8/1/2011)YMCA, Chula Vista , CA, United States Responsible for afterschool supervision and activities tailored towards a group of thirty to forty elementary school students.South Bay Community S... more 48
- Fashion Example 48
Freelance work with designer Robbi Sayuri Denver, CO, June 2013 Designed collection collaboratively for runway show Independently executed drafting and construction of high fashion garments in short time frame The GRO Project, Denver, CO ... more 49
- Fashion Example 49
tina en Education BFA, Fashion Design Art Institute of Charleston , 2016, Charleston, SC (USA) Interests Photography Art Drawing/ Sketching Designing on Adobe Illustrator and the CAD system Skills Adobe Illustrator, Advanced 2 years CA... more 50
- Fashion Example 50
– – // ()Education. – . (2013) Coronado High School – El Paso // Texas (United States) Graduated with honorsLiberal Arts – Communications Buisess (2018) University of Texas at El Paso –... more