A skilled graphic artist and designer has an eye for detail, an appreciation for color and texture, and strong visualization skills. He or she also has excellent interpersonal skills, a strong business sense, and a competitive spirit. Your resume needs to convey all this and more about your professional self. If you have a hard time crafting a winning resume that illuminates your strongest attributes, use our graphic art and design resume templates for guidance. You can also turn to our professionals for tips and strategic edits that will take your document from "ho-hum" to "eye-catching."
Free Art Fashion And Design Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional art fashion and design resumes.
How To Mention Your Graphic Art and Design Experience
It's tempting to say that you're "creative" or that you "possess a strong eye for detail," but these descriptors do nothing to elicit a strong reaction in employers. Stand out from the crowd by using action verbs, using the same phrasing as in the job listing, and describing your top skills in an active and enticing manner, like our graphic art and design resume templates do:
• Continuously evolve the style of animation and video materials for company's social media, website, and YouTube channels
• Effectively coordinate multiple projects and prioritize graphic design workload
• Design signage or special events while keeping in mind all company guidelines regarding graphic art materials
• Develop layouts and designs that are in compliance with all established guidelines, restrictions, and design standards
• Collaborate with a team of designers to revise existing designs and make improvements where necessary
Graphic Art and Design Resume Tips
Though our graphic art and design resume templates offer a great starting point for aspiring graphic artists, there are things you can do to bring your document to the next level. Use these tips to create an eye-catching document that entices employers to schedule an interview with you on the spot:
1. Personalize Your Graphic Art and Design Resume: Employers like to know that candidates read the job ad. Prove that you're one of those candidates and sprinkle your resume with specific terms and phrases found in the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have approximately six seconds to grab a recruiter's attention and make an impression. Use your summary statement to do that. Refer to the resume templates for guidance on how to craft a compelling introduction.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Don't tell employers that you're skilled—show them. Create a story with your resume and include personal and professional examples that illuminate your strongest qualities and capabilities that clearly indicate your value.
Graphic Art and Design Resume Templates
Refer to our extensive collection of graphic art and design resume templates when crafting your own document. These templates provide a great starting point for newbies to the field and veterans alike. If you need additional assistance when crafting a winning submission, use My Perfect Resume's free resume builder.
- Graphic Art And Design Example 1
Kelci Kintner EducationColorado State University – Pueblo – 2016 Pueblo, Colorado Clinical, B.A. Psychology PsychologyWork historySales Associate – ( May 2014 – August 2014) The Limited, Broomfield , Colorado... more 2
- Graphic Art And Design Example 2
Founder – UCFE Game Developer (Jully,2015/-) Istanbul, Åile (Turkey) Team management Project management Coder Graphic designing Sound editing Sales marketing Advertisement managementTrainee – 2 Adam Software (Jully,201... more 3
- Graphic Art And Design Example 3
Delivery Driver/Waitress, February 2013 – May 2014 Pizza Hut, Lima, OH – Ohio, Allen (all Delivery) Customer service, transportation of food, money handling, small janitorial jobs such as mopping and sweeping prepared food f... more 4
- Graphic Art And Design Example 4
vin xold Summary – Seeking position that allow room for more personal growth and to develop the utilization of skills. – Great work ethnic, responsibility, and personality. Education Princetion High School, 2016 (Cincinnati, Ohi... more 5
- Graphic Art And Design Example 5
ana xhin Education Associates Degree, Graphic Design International Academy of Design & Technology (Online), 2014, Tampa, Florida (United States) Associate of Science in Graphic Design Work history Deli Clerk (September 2012 – Ju... more 6
- Graphic Art And Design Example 6
Crew Member (November 2015 – current )PizzaRev, San Diego, California , USA Helping the customer understand what its all about and giving them tips on how to make the better and more enjoyable meal. -Food Preparation -Cashier ... more 7
- Graphic Art And Design Example 7
Write Place, SCSU, St. Cloud, MN (United States) Writing Consultant, August 2016 – December 2017 Gain interpersonal skills when guiding tutorials with graduate and undergraduate students Encourage students to reach their full pote... more 8
- Graphic Art And Design Example 8
Temporary Secretarial Work & Office Organization (July 17th, 2014 – Currently Still Employed)Denbeaux & Denbeaux Attorneys at Law, Westwood, New Jersey, United States Organizing and emailing client files & importa... more 9
- Graphic Art And Design Example 9
Amber Melton EducationFallston Highschool – 2016 Bel Air, Maryland, United States Visual and Performing Arts, Undergraduate I have taken classes in Fine Art , Drawing and Painting , 3-D Design , Advanced Drawing and Painting, and Adv... more 10
- Graphic Art And Design Example 10
Student Assistant – ( June – January) St. Scholastica’s College, Manila, National Capital Region (Manila) supervised staff organized filesSkills Dancing, Average , 3 years years Free Hand Drawing, Above Average ,... more