Professional barbers need to possess exceptional customer service skills and be proficient enough with the various techniques used to cut and style hair. Before you get a chance to demonstrate these skills, you will need to convey them properly in a high-quality resume.
You should compare the application you have now with a few of our barber resume templates. Real-world jobseekers created these resumes, and at one point, they were in the same shoes you are in now. You can receive excellent guidance on how your resume should look if you also take a look at the following tips.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Barber Experience
You should have some relevant barber experiences that you can mention on your application. Find great examples to include by perusing our barber resume templates. You can catch the attention of hiring managers by mirroring the language they used in their job ads. You also want to start each point with a strong verb rather than an "I" statement.
• Trim and cut hair using scissors, combs, and clippers to perfectly match clients’ instructions
• Sterilize and clean all hair cutting instruments, including tweezers, straight razors, scissors, curling irons, and facial hair trimmers
• Suggest treatments when customers come in with various hair issues, such as dandruff
• Perform a number of administrative duties, such as paying bills and keeping records of all services provided
• Sell and recommend tonics, lotions, shampoo, and other cosmetic products
Barber Resume Tips
Before you start your job search in earnest, you really need to review your resume several times. The barber resume templates will help to an extent, but you also need to know precisely what they do well. The answer is that the writers all did the following:
1. Personalize Your Barber Resume: You need to cater your application to the specific hiring manager you send it to. That means customizing it slightly for each job listing so it contains skills and experiences that a specific hiring manager asked for.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Hiring managers only need about six seconds to decide whether they need to read a resume all the way through. A strong summary statement at the very beginning will convince an employer to read the whole thing.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You should include several professional achievements in the work history section. These accomplishments should relate to the job you desire and prove you actually possess the skills you mention.
Barber Resume Templates
Actual jobseekers wrote and submitted the barber resume templates we have available, and you can certainly find some that relate to the job you want. No matter what position you want and how much experience you have, you should also check out My Perfect Resume to receive helpful tools on writing the ideal application.
- Barber Example 1
Worked register and completed prep tasks (July 2016 – August 29, 2016)JoMama’s, Chatham, Massachusetts, United States Cleaned the working area and equipment. Dealt with customer payments. Prepared and served all kind of ho... more 2
- Barber Example 2
Josephine, Newark, N.J July 3,2003 – february 26,2006 : cosmetologist Provided skin care and nail treatments. Shaved beards, necks and temple hair contour. Cut and trimmed hair according to current hairstye. Used clippers, combs, dr... more 3
- Barber Example 3
Master Barber – ( aug2009 – present) A Kut Above, Westmont, IL Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Shaved beards, neck and temple hair contours with razor. Cut and trimmed hair accordin... more 4
- Barber Example 4
Barber/stylist (Feb 10 – Nov 13)Floyd’s 99 Barbershop, Castle Rock, Co, USA Shaved beards, neck and temple hair contours with razor. Used clippers, combs, driers and scissors. . Suggested treatments to reduce hair problem... more 5
- Barber Example 5
Barber – Gino Morena (November 2015/Current) Huntsville, Alabama (United States) Perform administrative tasks such as keeping records, making bank deposits, setting up and closing out the cash register as well as maintaining it th... more 6
- Barber Example 6
cliff joseph milbrun Education and TrainingFlorida barber acedmy – 2013 pompano beach, FL, U.S.A barbering, barber license this course teaches the basic of hair care and how to cut style and dress it. upon completion we receive our sta... more 7
- Barber Example 7
Dec 2012 – present / PetSmart, Brentwood, TN Groomer Provided customer service before and after grooming. Shampooed, dried, and cut hair according to clients’ preferences. Cleaned and maintained work station. Answer phones ... more 8
- Barber Example 8
Cian Ghataora Education N/A, Barbering Hermitage Technical Centre, N/A, Henrico/Richmond, Virginia (USA) Standard Diploma, High School Education John Randolph Tucker High School, 2018, Richmond/Henrico, Virginia (USA) Technical skills Basic ... more 9
- Barber Example 9
Barber/Shop Manager (January 2009 – present)HeavyHittaz Barbershop, Boynton Beach, FL, United States Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Hired and supervised the staff. Shaved beards, neck an... more 10
- Barber Example 10
PCA and Med Tech – ( December 2015 – Current) Prestige Senior Living Arbor Place, Medford, OR (USA) Provided firs-aid treatment to injured people. Analyzed patients’ work and living environment to determine changes t... more