At the end of the day, your resume needs to demonstrate your value as an employee. Hairdressers will have a number of unique responsibilities on any given day, and you need to be up to the task. See how to outline your work history and demonstrate your skill set by reviewing our hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates.
Our professional contributors have shown precisely what you need to do to a professional application to make it stand out. The following tips also serve as helpful guidelines to make your application stand out to all kinds of hiring managers.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Experience
Hairstylists and hairdressers are responsible for cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring customers’ hair. Format your work experiences in the same way as the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates, so hiring managers want to meet with you. You will notice some common themes, such as how all work experiences begin with a compelling verb and how they mirror language typically found in job listings.
• Trim, cut, and shape hair based on instructions given by customer using an array of tools, including razors, trimmers, and scissors
• Tint, dye, or bleach hair using professional brushes and applicators
• Demonstrate and sell professional hair care products based on customers’ hair type
• Treat and massage scalp for remedial and hygienic purposes using vibrating equipment
• Recommend therapeutic medication for customers who suffer from chronic scalp conditions
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Tips
You may notice certain patterns as you review the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. Many real-world jobseekers have performed the following actions to take their applications to the next level. Do the following to your own resume, too:
1. Personalize Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume: Hiring managers do not want to read generic applications. They want to read something specifically designed for their companies, so personalize your resume based on the needs of each unique position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many job recruiters throw away resumes after a few seconds of reading because they can tell the jobseeker does not have the necessary qualifications. Make yours stand out by including the best pieces of information at the top in the summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Show hiring managers what you have done for previous employers by mentioning key details and actual achievements. It will make you stand apart from other applicants who only provide vague statements.
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Templates
You now have a crucial leg-up from all the other job applicants, now that you have reviewed our library of hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. In less than an hour, you can have a vastly improved application that will likely land you more interviews. For more expert help, check out the tools available from My Perfect Resume.
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 1
Sarai Micah Arias Work history Concierge (June 2013 – Present) Tribeca ColorSalon, Tampa, FL, United States Concierge at Tribeca ColorSalon. Answer phones, update inventory, make appointments, open/close salon, maintain a clean salon, comm... more 2
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 2
rly hell ObjectiveMy objective is to pursue full-time work as a Hair Stylist in the entertainment Industry.Education and TrainingMount Boucherie Secondary School, 2011 West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada High School, Grade 12 High... more 3
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 3
Cosmetologist (July 2015 – Present)Ulta Beauty, Duluth, MN, United States Men’s and Women’s cuts with a specialty in designs, natural and unnatural colors. Performing facial waxing, manicures and nail art, and other... more 4
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 4
Tiffany Nicole Garland Objective To continue developing my knowledge and skills working as a hairstylist. To work as a stylist in an innovative salon environment. Education and Training Paul Mitchel Academy, Tampa, FLorida Cosmetology, Hairstyli... more 5
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 5
child care worker, Oct 05′ – Nov05′ terry’s tot day care, ft worth, tx, us Read to children and taught them drawing, songs, and handicrafts. Prepared and served food for children and supervised sleep times. Contro... more 6
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 6
Hair Artist – ( January 2013 – Current ) Remedies Salon and Boutique, Arkansas City, Kansas (United States) Offered a full range of hair services including; cutting, coloring, styling, chemical treatments, and scalp treatme... more 7
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 7
OWNER/OPERATOR (2002 – 2013) CARICE HAIR DESIGN, Castro Valley , California, United States Provided skin care and nail treatments. Shaved beards, neck and temple hair contours with razor. Hired and supervised the staff. Performed ... more 8
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 8
Daisha Gude Objective Seeking the opportunity to join a growing organization that has the need for a hard worker to obtain a position at a well known company that utilizes my experience and skills for the development of their company. Work histo... more 9
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 9
Salon owner, operator, trainer,cosmetology instructor (Nov1990 – Current) ARAMORE inc DBA supercuts,, Lewisville , Texas , U.S.A Fulfilled the standards of sanitation and sterilization required by law as well as the spa policies ... more 10
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 10
Sapona Plastics, Seagrove, NC 2012 – 2013 : Machine Operator Operated engines, equipment and pumps to keep established operating processes. Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails. Cle... more