At the end of the day, your resume needs to demonstrate your value as an employee. Hairdressers will have a number of unique responsibilities on any given day, and you need to be up to the task. See how to outline your work history and demonstrate your skill set by reviewing our hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates.
Our professional contributors have shown precisely what you need to do to a professional application to make it stand out. The following tips also serve as helpful guidelines to make your application stand out to all kinds of hiring managers.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Experience
Hairstylists and hairdressers are responsible for cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring customers’ hair. Format your work experiences in the same way as the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates, so hiring managers want to meet with you. You will notice some common themes, such as how all work experiences begin with a compelling verb and how they mirror language typically found in job listings.
• Trim, cut, and shape hair based on instructions given by customer using an array of tools, including razors, trimmers, and scissors
• Tint, dye, or bleach hair using professional brushes and applicators
• Demonstrate and sell professional hair care products based on customers’ hair type
• Treat and massage scalp for remedial and hygienic purposes using vibrating equipment
• Recommend therapeutic medication for customers who suffer from chronic scalp conditions
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Tips
You may notice certain patterns as you review the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. Many real-world jobseekers have performed the following actions to take their applications to the next level. Do the following to your own resume, too:
1. Personalize Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume: Hiring managers do not want to read generic applications. They want to read something specifically designed for their companies, so personalize your resume based on the needs of each unique position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many job recruiters throw away resumes after a few seconds of reading because they can tell the jobseeker does not have the necessary qualifications. Make yours stand out by including the best pieces of information at the top in the summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Show hiring managers what you have done for previous employers by mentioning key details and actual achievements. It will make you stand apart from other applicants who only provide vague statements.
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Templates
You now have a crucial leg-up from all the other job applicants, now that you have reviewed our library of hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. In less than an hour, you can have a vastly improved application that will likely land you more interviews. For more expert help, check out the tools available from My Perfect Resume.
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 11
Hairstylist – ( 2009 – 2013) Studio One 2 One, Lafayette, LA (United States) .Apprenticed under Owner (and mother) for two years. Moved up to my own chair and within two years maintained a retention rate of 65% or higher.... more 12
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 12
Cosmetologist – Layers Hair Studio 04-08-2008 – 02-04-2016 // Houston (USA) Master Hair Stylist/Color Corrective Specialist who curled, colored and straightened hair with proper chemical solutions and equipment. Cut and tri... more 13
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 13
Hairstylist (February 11, 2014 – Current )Urban Retreat, Houston, TX, USA Curled, colored and straightened hair with proper chemical solutions and equipment. Assisted with monthly inventory counts. Maintained a structured daily ... more 14
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 14
Autum Timothy Objective I am always looking to learn and expand my talents. I enjoy working with my hands and staying steadily busy. I hope to be able to further my education and get into a career that i can excell at. Education and Training mar... more 15
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 15
Sales Associate (07/ 2012 – Present )The Company Store, Kittery, ME, United States Assisted customers by phone to detect technical problems. Explained clients the terms of warranties. Anticipated customers’ needs and recom... more 16
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 16
with long and short precision hair cuts. ¢ Performed shampooing, coloring, and bleaching activities. ¢ Analyzed clients hair and physical features and recommended beauty treatments as well as hair styles that complimented clients... more 17
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 17
Stylist – ( 5-2012 – 1-2013) Regis, Muskegon, Michigan (United states ) Cut and trimmed hair according to current hairstyle Used clippers, combs, driers and scissors. . Recorded services provided on cashiers’ tickets... more 18
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 18
xnah le Personal information Hello, My name is Hannah. Thank you for taking the time to read my resume. I look forward to working with you in the near future. Work history team member (July 2011 – Febuary 2013)harkins theatere, ... more 19
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 19
Rikki Armstrong Education and TrainingNorman county west – 2013 Halstad, Minnesota, United States General, High school diploma High school diplomaJosef’s school of hair design – 2014 Fargo, North Dakota , United Sta... more 20
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 20
Beauty Advisor – ( 7/2015 – 2/2016) Lancome, Burnsville, MN (USA) Provided outstanding customer service to every guest Performed thorough consultations to address specific concerns Educated clients about proper use and appl... more