At the end of the day, your resume needs to demonstrate your value as an employee. Hairdressers will have a number of unique responsibilities on any given day, and you need to be up to the task. See how to outline your work history and demonstrate your skill set by reviewing our hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates.
Our professional contributors have shown precisely what you need to do to a professional application to make it stand out. The following tips also serve as helpful guidelines to make your application stand out to all kinds of hiring managers.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Experience
Hairstylists and hairdressers are responsible for cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring customers’ hair. Format your work experiences in the same way as the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates, so hiring managers want to meet with you. You will notice some common themes, such as how all work experiences begin with a compelling verb and how they mirror language typically found in job listings.
• Trim, cut, and shape hair based on instructions given by customer using an array of tools, including razors, trimmers, and scissors
• Tint, dye, or bleach hair using professional brushes and applicators
• Demonstrate and sell professional hair care products based on customers’ hair type
• Treat and massage scalp for remedial and hygienic purposes using vibrating equipment
• Recommend therapeutic medication for customers who suffer from chronic scalp conditions
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Tips
You may notice certain patterns as you review the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. Many real-world jobseekers have performed the following actions to take their applications to the next level. Do the following to your own resume, too:
1. Personalize Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume: Hiring managers do not want to read generic applications. They want to read something specifically designed for their companies, so personalize your resume based on the needs of each unique position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many job recruiters throw away resumes after a few seconds of reading because they can tell the jobseeker does not have the necessary qualifications. Make yours stand out by including the best pieces of information at the top in the summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Show hiring managers what you have done for previous employers by mentioning key details and actual achievements. It will make you stand apart from other applicants who only provide vague statements.
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Templates
You now have a crucial leg-up from all the other job applicants, now that you have reviewed our library of hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. In less than an hour, you can have a vastly improved application that will likely land you more interviews. For more expert help, check out the tools available from My Perfect Resume.
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 21
Relish Salon, Hanalei, HI 2010 – Presesnt : Owner I currently own and manage a team of 5 stylists, 3 estheticians, and 1 manicurist. I have worked in a total of 6 Salons. I have my Master Stylist Certificate from Vidal Sassoon Acade... more 22
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 22
Taylor Stevens Salon and Spa, Algonquin, IL (United States) Receptionist, 10/1/15 – 12/15/16 Recorded services provided on cashiers’ tickets and charged the bill to customers. Recorded services provided on cashiers’ ti... more 23
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 23
Stylist (12/2013 – 6/2014) Younkers, Davenport, Iowa, United States Cut and trimmed hair according to current hairstyle Curled, colored and straightened hair with proper chemical solutions and equipment. Shaved beards, neck and te... more 24
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 24
d in manicures, pedicures, and gel polish. , 5 years Hairstyling, Exceptional knowledge in matching the right hairstyle to the right facial features., 2 years Esthetics, Proficient in waxing and performing facials for different skin types... more 25
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 25
Brandi Deleon Objective To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background and ability to work well with others. Work historyFront Desk – ( March 2016 – Present) Beyond Bare Wax... more 26
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 26
Beauty Brands, Greenwood, Indiana (United States) Stylist, 05/2007 – 09/2007Great Clips, Camby, Indiana (United States) Stylist, 12/2007 – 03/2009 ##DESCRIPTION## Education and Training Cosotology, Cosmotology Regecny... more 27
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 27
Hairdresser , August, 28, 2016 – December, 21, 2016 Mount Miguel High School Cosmetology Class, San Diego , United States (California ) Provided skin care and nail treatments. Trained the staff about product lines and skin and b... more 28
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 28
Ashlee Maricelli Education and TrainingSacred Heart – 2011 Morrilton, Ar, United States High School, Diploma High school diplomaArthurs Beauty College – 2013 Conway, Ar, United States Cosmetology, Diploma Attended Beauty... more 29
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 29
Clerk (8/24/2014 – 1/21/2014)Mr. Johns, clintion, fl, na Provided skin care and nail treatments. Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Hired and supervised the staff. Shaved beards, neck and te... more 30
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 30
hanie xrland Objective I am newly licensed and excited for the education of a professional salon. I have a passion for hair, makeup, and fashion. I have great customer service skills and love being in a salon atmosphere. I am a fast learne... more