At the end of the day, your resume needs to demonstrate your value as an employee. Hairdressers will have a number of unique responsibilities on any given day, and you need to be up to the task. See how to outline your work history and demonstrate your skill set by reviewing our hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates.
Our professional contributors have shown precisely what you need to do to a professional application to make it stand out. The following tips also serve as helpful guidelines to make your application stand out to all kinds of hiring managers.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Experience
Hairstylists and hairdressers are responsible for cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring customers’ hair. Format your work experiences in the same way as the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates, so hiring managers want to meet with you. You will notice some common themes, such as how all work experiences begin with a compelling verb and how they mirror language typically found in job listings.
• Trim, cut, and shape hair based on instructions given by customer using an array of tools, including razors, trimmers, and scissors
• Tint, dye, or bleach hair using professional brushes and applicators
• Demonstrate and sell professional hair care products based on customers’ hair type
• Treat and massage scalp for remedial and hygienic purposes using vibrating equipment
• Recommend therapeutic medication for customers who suffer from chronic scalp conditions
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Tips
You may notice certain patterns as you review the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. Many real-world jobseekers have performed the following actions to take their applications to the next level. Do the following to your own resume, too:
1. Personalize Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume: Hiring managers do not want to read generic applications. They want to read something specifically designed for their companies, so personalize your resume based on the needs of each unique position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many job recruiters throw away resumes after a few seconds of reading because they can tell the jobseeker does not have the necessary qualifications. Make yours stand out by including the best pieces of information at the top in the summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Show hiring managers what you have done for previous employers by mentioning key details and actual achievements. It will make you stand apart from other applicants who only provide vague statements.
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Templates
You now have a crucial leg-up from all the other job applicants, now that you have reviewed our library of hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. In less than an hour, you can have a vastly improved application that will likely land you more interviews. For more expert help, check out the tools available from My Perfect Resume.
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 31
Brittanie Marks Education and TrainingWest Georgia Technical College – 2018 Carrollton, Georgia, United States Cosmetology , Diploma Will be beginning Cosmetology program at West Georgia Technical College in January of 2016Work hist... more 32
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 32
Cashier – ( 04/15/20111 – 06/20/2012) McDonalds, Lakewood, CO (USA) Customer service Prepare foodLanguagesBilingual in Spanish, English, High: Fluent in both Spanish and English great for customer service able to he... more 33
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 33
xley tt Work history Beauty Advisor (12/13 – Present)Cosmo Prof, Anderson, SC Assisting customers with their hair supply needs, ordering new product for the store and customers, unloading the shipment each week. morning and afternoon... more 34
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 34
Perfection of Creativity – ( 05/10/1998 – 08/03/2011) Hair, Cambridge, Md 21613 Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Hired and supervised the staff. Shaved beards, neck and temple hair c... more 35
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 35
Stylist – ( Oct 2007 – Apr 2011 ) Fantastic Sams , Glens Falls , New York (United States) Curled, colored and straightened hair with proper chemical solutions and equipment. Cut and trimmed hair according to current hairsty... more 36
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 36
is xder Languages English, expert original languagespanish, beginer just started to learnGerman, beginer just started to learnReferencesElizabeth Wilder (407) 274 – 5855 Rosie Wilder (407) 927 – 1107Interes... more 37
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 37
xstal idge Stylist Stylist (08-12 – current )Angell Salon and Spa, Sellersburg, Indiana/ 47172, United States Stylist Booking Clients Taking PaymentsEducation Coordinator (11-11 – 07-12)State Beauty Supply, Louisville ... more 38
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 38
McDonalds, Georgetown, Illinois 12-2012 – 06-2014 : Crew Member worked in a fast paced environment learned great customer service while taking/passing out orders kept everything clean Express Employment Plus, Danville, Illinois 01... more 39
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 39
Apprentice, 2012 – 2014 Wyldology Salon, Richmond, VA Cut and trimmed hair according to current hairstyle Used clippers, combs, driers and scissors. Curled, colored and straightened hair with proper chemical solutions and equipment... more 40
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 40
Assistant/stylist (October 1,2013 – Still employed ) Dollyrockers Salon & Boutique , Anthem , AZ, United States Curled, colored and straightened hair with proper chemical solutions and equipment. Cut and trimmed hair accordi... more