At the end of the day, your resume needs to demonstrate your value as an employee. Hairdressers will have a number of unique responsibilities on any given day, and you need to be up to the task. See how to outline your work history and demonstrate your skill set by reviewing our hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates.
Our professional contributors have shown precisely what you need to do to a professional application to make it stand out. The following tips also serve as helpful guidelines to make your application stand out to all kinds of hiring managers.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Experience
Hairstylists and hairdressers are responsible for cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring customers’ hair. Format your work experiences in the same way as the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates, so hiring managers want to meet with you. You will notice some common themes, such as how all work experiences begin with a compelling verb and how they mirror language typically found in job listings.
• Trim, cut, and shape hair based on instructions given by customer using an array of tools, including razors, trimmers, and scissors
• Tint, dye, or bleach hair using professional brushes and applicators
• Demonstrate and sell professional hair care products based on customers’ hair type
• Treat and massage scalp for remedial and hygienic purposes using vibrating equipment
• Recommend therapeutic medication for customers who suffer from chronic scalp conditions
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Tips
You may notice certain patterns as you review the hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. Many real-world jobseekers have performed the following actions to take their applications to the next level. Do the following to your own resume, too:
1. Personalize Your Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume: Hiring managers do not want to read generic applications. They want to read something specifically designed for their companies, so personalize your resume based on the needs of each unique position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many job recruiters throw away resumes after a few seconds of reading because they can tell the jobseeker does not have the necessary qualifications. Make yours stand out by including the best pieces of information at the top in the summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Show hiring managers what you have done for previous employers by mentioning key details and actual achievements. It will make you stand apart from other applicants who only provide vague statements.
Hairstylist and Hairdresser Resume Templates
You now have a crucial leg-up from all the other job applicants, now that you have reviewed our library of hairstylist and hairdresser resume templates. In less than an hour, you can have a vastly improved application that will likely land you more interviews. For more expert help, check out the tools available from My Perfect Resume.
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 41
is xney Additional information I’m a very young stylist that went straight from high school to cosmetology school. May people asked why I didn’t go to college first and i tell them that “Creating Beauty Is My Passion.”... more 42
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 42
Master Stylist (07/2007 – 02/2012) Regis Salon, Louisville, Ky, USA Cut style color clients. Customer service retail Director (08/2013 – Present) Discovering Imaginations, Louisville, Ky, USA Care for watch feed children... more 43
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 43
Hairstylist – ( February 2014 – August 2014) Ulta , Denton, Texas (United States) Kept up to date of the latest styles and hair care techniques. Cut and trimmed hair according to clients’ instructions Kept clients ca... more 44
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 44
yla yeva Education and TrainingWheaton Warrenville South High , 2014 Wheaton, Illinois, United States High School, Diploma High school diplomaTechnology Center of DuPage, 2013 Addison, Illinois, United States Certified Nursing Assista... more 45
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 45
Cosmetologist (09/2014 – 10/2016)Studio 213, Carrollton, TX, USA Provided skin care and nail treatments. Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Used clippers, combs, driers and scissors. . Recor... more 46
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 46
Hairy Notions, Syracuse, New York Hair stylist, Spring 2000 – Fall 2000 Permed, colored and straightened hair with proper chemical solutions and equipment. Welcomed clients and ensured punctuality in their appointments with the sa... more 47
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 47
Tze Wei Tan High School Sri Emas International School , Subang Jaya, Selangor GCSE O-Levels, High School, 2013 Complete High School at Sri Emas International School with GCSE qualifications Education and Training San Francisco Institute of Esthe... more 48
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 48
cosmetology – ( 2/6/2012 – 6/10/2014) 5 star salon, kissimmee, fl (Estados Unidos) Provided skin care and nail treatments. Welcomed clients and ensured punctuality in their appointments with the salon personnel. Supervised ... more 49
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 49
Volunteer Abroad (February 27, 2014 – March 22, 2014)IVHQ (International Volunteer Headquarters), Xi’an, Shaanxi province, China Assisted special needs (i.e. autism, cerebral palsy) children aged 4-6 with daily activities ... more 50
- Hairstylist And Hairdresser Example 50
Stockmans Cafe, Junction City, Oregon August 1st – August 14th : Waitress I was hired as a fill in person to fill in for people who called in sick or couldn’t make it to work. It was a very mellow fun place to work very positi... more