Many people seek out massages to relax a little or comply with a physical therapy regimen. As a result, reports suggest great growth for the number of massage therapists in the United States over the next decade.
Although there will be numerous job openings in the near future, there will also be a lot of competition. Massage therapists will compete for limited jobs in the same area. As a result, you need to show hiring managers why they should bring you onto the team, and you can get an idea of how to format your application by examining our massage therapy resume templates.
Free Performing Arts Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional performing arts resumes.
How To Mention Your Massage Therapy Experience
Many states require massage therapists to have licenses to work. However, you also need to show you have the skills and real-world experience to benefit a business and its clients. Our massage therapy resume templates have plenty of examples of solid professional info to include. No matter what you put on your application, make sure you use compelling action words at the beginning of each statement and mimic the language found in the specific job listing.
• Provide treatment for injuries and medical conditions by massaging and kneading muscles and soft tissues
• Advise clients on what techniques and stretches they should do on their own at home
• Contact other healthcare professionals, such as psychologists and chiropractors, to create treatment plans
• Apply hand and finger pressure to precise points on the body
• Travel to clients’ houses who are unable to visit the office and use the opportunity to discuss how treatment has gone
Massage Therapy Resume Tips
Reading our massage therapy resume templates will provide you with a great starting point. However, there is always more to learn when it comes to efficiently selling yourself. Here are other techniques to implement to have greater success on your job hunt.
1. Personalize Your Massage Therapy Resume: The resume you have now should serve as a foundation. You should customize it for each job you apply for so that it includes specific information that hiring managers want to see.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: If your resume does not catch hiring managers’ attention right away, then they will likely throw it away immediately. Since the summary statement comes first, make sure it contains your greatest skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You should include specific accomplishments and quantifiable details about your previous jobs when possible. Definitively stating how you made a difference in previous positions will make you come across better to prospective employers.
Massage Therapy Resume Templates
Real-world jobseekers uploaded their massage therapy resume templates for you to utilize. Read through as many as you need to until you feel comfortable editing your existing application. If you still find yourself in need of assistance, then you can always turn to our partners at My Perfect Resume for step-by-step guidance.
Certified Nursing Assistant, 01/29/1998, 04/24/2004, Express, Kalispell, Montana, USA, Express is a temporary supplier of laborers. We were crews accumulated for temporary services til staff quotas resumed to normal. We performed actions that were needed to accomplish the situation.
To provide the best massage experience to each client.
Cook, June 2015, May 2016, Lazy Bear Grills, Barnum, Minnesota, United States, Able to preform efficiently in high stress situations.
Masseuse, 2015, til date, Amy Thai Massage, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Decided what services will be offered and promoted in the spa. Maintained salon appearance and cleanliness.
Technician, 02-2010, Current, Absolute Laundry Systems, Eugene, Oregon, , Construction of Laundromats, grout and concrete work, and commercial laundry equipment instillation and service. Water heater service, electrical service, heavy lifting.
* To acquire more ideas and experiences * To become financially independent * Willing to work under pressure
Massage Therapist, February 2010, Present, Healing Waves Massage, Apex, North Carolina, USA, Owner All duties of sole proprietor small business
To create a safe space for m y clients using Theraputic Massage, Reiki and Elemental/Polarity therapy techniques to reduce stress and induce self healing balancing the mind, body and spirit.
Licensed Massage Therapist, 10.15.2000, 12/2005, Grand Summit Hotel, Park City, UT, U.S.A, I was hired by The Spa in the Grand Summit Hotel in Park City, Utah where I worked from 2000 to 2005. Through the years I have maintained my license while raising my sons and am now working on building my massage practice here in Orlando.
My objective is to gain further standing in my area of expertise; -Massage. I have always been a good educator helping others grow to succeed. It has been a long desire and want to partake in advancing my career in hopes of a successful life. This is a start of being an educator in health science. I have gained much insight to the workings of the human anatomy in the 7 years of my ground breaking work to ease and mitigate clients. I wish to give those who seek Massage as a career a wonderful understanding that massage is to help and assist those in need.