Many people seek out massages to relax a little or comply with a physical therapy regimen. As a result, reports suggest great growth for the number of massage therapists in the United States over the next decade.
Although there will be numerous job openings in the near future, there will also be a lot of competition. Massage therapists will compete for limited jobs in the same area. As a result, you need to show hiring managers why they should bring you onto the team, and you can get an idea of how to format your application by examining our massage therapy resume templates.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Massage Therapy Experience
Many states require massage therapists to have licenses to work. However, you also need to show you have the skills and real-world experience to benefit a business and its clients. Our massage therapy resume templates have plenty of examples of solid professional info to include. No matter what you put on your application, make sure you use compelling action words at the beginning of each statement and mimic the language found in the specific job listing.
• Provide treatment for injuries and medical conditions by massaging and kneading muscles and soft tissues
• Advise clients on what techniques and stretches they should do on their own at home
• Contact other healthcare professionals, such as psychologists and chiropractors, to create treatment plans
• Apply hand and finger pressure to precise points on the body
• Travel to clients’ houses who are unable to visit the office and use the opportunity to discuss how treatment has gone
Massage Therapy Resume Tips
Reading our massage therapy resume templates will provide you with a great starting point. However, there is always more to learn when it comes to efficiently selling yourself. Here are other techniques to implement to have greater success on your job hunt.
1. Personalize Your Massage Therapy Resume: The resume you have now should serve as a foundation. You should customize it for each job you apply for so that it includes specific information that hiring managers want to see.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: If your resume does not catch hiring managers’ attention right away, then they will likely throw it away immediately. Since the summary statement comes first, make sure it contains your greatest skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You should include specific accomplishments and quantifiable details about your previous jobs when possible. Definitively stating how you made a difference in previous positions will make you come across better to prospective employers.
Massage Therapy Resume Templates
Real-world jobseekers uploaded their massage therapy resume templates for you to utilize. Read through as many as you need to until you feel comfortable editing your existing application. If you still find yourself in need of assistance, then you can always turn to our partners at My Perfect Resume for step-by-step guidance.
- Massage Therapy Example 1
Massage Therapist – ( 10/2012 – Current) Sather/Corbin Chiropractic, Clio, MI (US) Educated patients about preventive chiropractic and massage care. Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Ant... more 2
- Massage Therapy Example 2
Massage Therapist/Esthetician – Owner/Self-employee (2015/11/2017/05) Honolulu, HI (USA) *Consulted with clients to understand their specific needs and follow up sessions. *Relieve pain, improve comfort levels and decrease. *Bui... more 3
- Massage Therapy Example 3
Massage Technician – ( December 2012 – Current) Sheridan Therapeutic, Tulsa, Oklahoma (USA) Specialized in Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Sports Massage. Welcomed clients and ensured punctuality in their appointments with the sa... more 4
- Massage Therapy Example 4
Sahar’s Salon and Day Spa, West Des Moines, IA Sep. 06 – Present : Massage Therapist Provided various massage therapy modalities including but not limited to: Swedish, Deep Tissue, ROM, Myofascial Release, Hot Stone, Hot Bambo... more 5
- Massage Therapy Example 5
Luis Urbina Education and TrainingAcademy For Massage Therapy Training – 2015 San Antonio, Texas , USA Massage Therapy , Certificate of Completion Licensed Massage TherapistSan Antonio College – 2015 San Antonio, Texas ,... more 6
- Massage Therapy Example 6
Massage Therapist (2012 – 2013)Massage Spa, Tacloban, Tacloban, Philippines ¢ Showed expertise in applying finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body. ¢ Assessed clients soft tissue condition, muscle stren... more 7
- Massage Therapy Example 7
sita xtle Objective To obtain a position as a massage therapist in a company that will develop my skills in massage therapy, and where I can provide excellent patient care. Education and Training Massage Therapy Diploma, Massage Therapy G... more 8
- Massage Therapy Example 8
Service Associate – Therapist – Shangri -Las Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa (October 2008/April 2017) Muscat, (Sultanate of Oman) Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Fulfilled the... more 9
- Massage Therapy Example 9
Joseph McCullen Jr Education and TrainingNational Massage Therapy Instutite – 2014 Bensalem, PA, USA Massage Therapy, Certification of completition 900hr course 900hr course completed on 7/23/2014, CPR Pro certifiedWork history... more 10
- Massage Therapy Example 10
hanie xton Objective To obtain a job as a massage therapist Education and Training Ridge Technical College, 2017, Winter HavenFL Massage Therapy, Certification in Massage Therapy 750 hours in Massage Therapy National Technical Honor S... more