A job as a salon manager requires leadership abilities as well as communication and organizational skills. When you write your resume, make sure you demonstrate these capabilities in a way that will engage and attract the hiring manager. If you are not quite sure how this should look, take advantage of a salon management resume sample.
We provide a collection of salon management resume templates to reference and study. These, as well as the following professional advice, will help guide you as to what information to use, what language to include, and how you should organize everything in an easy-to-read manner.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Salon Management Experience
One of the most important sections of your resume is work experience. Not only do you need to interestingly include how you are successful, but you also need to phrase your bullet points in a way that engages the reader. This takes using verbs that grab attention and incorporating words from the job ad. Our salon management resume templates show how to do this, as do the following examples:
• Hire and train quality staff for a variety of positions; perform periodic reviews and offer constructive feedback
• Exceed financial metrics of salon including overall customer count, average ticket sales, overall store revenue, and staff retention
• Inspire team members to reach individual goals; provide coaching advice and recommend plan to improve sales numbers
• Develop regular marketing programs to increase revenue, attract new customers, and reward current customers to improve retention
• Effectively manage and address customer complaints and ensure each customer is happy and satisfied with resolution
Salon Management Resume Tips
While it is very helpful to use salon management resume templates as a guide when composing your document, it is also important to follow certain tried-and-true resume tips. Little tweaks can make a big difference. You can greatly improve your resume by following these three pieces of advice:
1. Personalize Your Salon Management Resume: Seasoned professionals know that job descriptions can be secret weapons. Incorporate language from each one to personalize your resumes for each position you apply for. Doing so can greatly improve your chances of landing an interview.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Since employers spend fewer than seven seconds on most resumes, you need to grab attention right away in the resume summary statement. Sum up your experience and abilities in a few engaging statements.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Specific stories and quantifiable metrics can clearly paint a picture of your work abilities. Applicants who demonstrate how they tackle problems are much more effective and have a greater chance of getting hired.
Salon Management Resume Templates
Even if you feel you are a skillful resume writer, it is still helpful to take a quick look at salon management resume templates. Our real-world examples are easy to access.
If you are starting from scratch, take advantage of a helpful resume builder. Use My Perfect Resume for guidance.
- Salon Management Example 1
Nail Technician , February, 2012 – May, 2013 Luxe Day Spa, Davie , FL (USA) Provided high level, upscale nail treatments in an environment focused on a high level of customer service. Helped with training of newly hired technicians... more 2
- Salon Management Example 2
Salon Manager – ( Sept 18, 2015 – Present) Regis Corporation, Wichita Falls, Tx (United States) Cleaned work stations and swept the floor. Controlled that high standard of service was maintained by the staff. Hired and supe... more 3
- Salon Management Example 3
Nail technician – ( May 2010 – December 2010) Angel Nails Inc., Shirley, New York Welcomed clients and ensured they were seated promptly. Performed manicures, pedicures, waxing. Organized customer scheduling and appointmen... more 4
- Salon Management Example 4
Front Desk Manager (March 2012 – Present) Cutting Loose Salon, Bradenton, FL, United States of America Recorded services provided on cashiers’ tickets and charged the bill to customers. Suggested treatments to reduce hair pr... more 5
- Salon Management Example 5
Miss Crystal Rodriguez ation and ning Gen. Ed, Arts Center High School, 2004, Kansas City, MO (USA) Work history Snyder, Kansas City, MO (USA) Liq./lotto cashier, 10/05/2011 – 10/052013 cashier in the liq/lotto both and on the c... more 6
- Salon Management Example 6
cashier (june 2015 – september 2015)the fun park, South Haven, Michigan, United States Helped do restock and evaluation on merchandise. Supervised the staff. Recorded services provided on cashiers’ tickets and charged t... more 7
- Salon Management Example 7
Manager/Keyholder/Assistant (January ’12 – December ’12)MarkAngel Salon and Spa, Sarasota, Florida, US ##DESCRIPTION##Brand Rep (June ’11 – December ’11)Pacific Sunwear, Novi, Michigan, US De... more 8
- Salon Management Example 8
Salon Manager – ( March, 2015 – Current) Carmen! Carmen! Salon, Charlotte, NC (USA) Performed administrative tasks such as keeping records and paying bills. Hired and supervised the staff. Recorded services provided on cash... more 9
- Salon Management Example 9
idan xres Education and Training Diploma, Cosmetology New Rochelle High School, 2011, New Rochelle, NY (US) I’ve attended school for Cosmetology in 2009 through June 2011. I did it while i was in high school, I went to Southern Westc... more 10
- Salon Management Example 10
xhel ield Education and Training High School Diploma , High School Kettering Fairmont High School, 2011, Kettering, OHManagers License, Cosmetology Elite Hair Academy, 2014, Kettering, OH (United States)Work history Cashier/Host/Bus... more