A job as a salon manager requires leadership abilities as well as communication and organizational skills. When you write your resume, make sure you demonstrate these capabilities in a way that will engage and attract the hiring manager. If you are not quite sure how this should look, take advantage of a salon management resume sample.
We provide a collection of salon management resume templates to reference and study. These, as well as the following professional advice, will help guide you as to what information to use, what language to include, and how you should organize everything in an easy-to-read manner.
Free Beauty And Spa Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional beauty and spa resumes.
How To Mention Your Salon Management Experience
One of the most important sections of your resume is work experience. Not only do you need to interestingly include how you are successful, but you also need to phrase your bullet points in a way that engages the reader. This takes using verbs that grab attention and incorporating words from the job ad. Our salon management resume templates show how to do this, as do the following examples:
• Hire and train quality staff for a variety of positions; perform periodic reviews and offer constructive feedback
• Exceed financial metrics of salon including overall customer count, average ticket sales, overall store revenue, and staff retention
• Inspire team members to reach individual goals; provide coaching advice and recommend plan to improve sales numbers
• Develop regular marketing programs to increase revenue, attract new customers, and reward current customers to improve retention
• Effectively manage and address customer complaints and ensure each customer is happy and satisfied with resolution
Salon Management Resume Tips
While it is very helpful to use salon management resume templates as a guide when composing your document, it is also important to follow certain tried-and-true resume tips. Little tweaks can make a big difference. You can greatly improve your resume by following these three pieces of advice:
1. Personalize Your Salon Management Resume: Seasoned professionals know that job descriptions can be secret weapons. Incorporate language from each one to personalize your resumes for each position you apply for. Doing so can greatly improve your chances of landing an interview.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Since employers spend fewer than seven seconds on most resumes, you need to grab attention right away in the resume summary statement. Sum up your experience and abilities in a few engaging statements.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Specific stories and quantifiable metrics can clearly paint a picture of your work abilities. Applicants who demonstrate how they tackle problems are much more effective and have a greater chance of getting hired.