Jobseekers possessing the combination of soft and hard skills necessary to excel in development and fundraising should make sure their resumes communicate these qualifications to employers. An exceptional resume can help you advance through the hiring process and get the job you want.
We explain how to present relevant experience and strengthen your resume when seeking a development or fundraising position. If you would like further guidance, look over our collection of development and fundraising resume templates. Find inspiration for improving the design and organization of your document or use one of these templates as the basis for your resume.
Free Community And Public Service Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional community and public service resumes.
How To Mention Your Development and Fundraising Experience
Applicants for development and fundraising jobs should describe their contributions in past positions to make a case for their future success. The best way to show employers that you are a good fit for a position is to use keywords and phrases from the job description in your resume. Look over the experience sections in our development and fundraising resume templates and the sample duties below.
• Conduct research to determine the best strategies for achieving goals for an agency, company, or organization
• Reach out to member organizations, individuals, and corporate supporters or donors to secure contributions or commitments
• Prepare informational or promotional materials to support the advancement of development or fundraising agendas
• Plan special events and invite stakeholders and supporters to increase interest in development strategies and reach fundraising goals
• Monitor progress of development and fundraising initiatives, and determine which strategies will lead to success
Development and Fundraising Resume Tips
Look for ways to set your resume apart from applicants with similar qualifications when seeking employment in the development and fundraising field. See our collection of development and fundraising resume templates to get a sense of the field, and then follow these three tips to stand out from the crowd:
1. Personalize Your Development and Fundraising Resume: Carefully read the description of the job you are seeking. Try to catch the eyes of hiring managers and recruiters by using significant keywords in the early sections of your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is a perfect place to point out the extent of your relevant experience and involvement in major development or fundraising campaigns, and use keywords to describe your skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Make an impression on prospective employers by being as specific as possible. One good way to do this is to cite statistics related to your development or fundraising success.
Development and Fundraising Resume Templates
Resume writers can benefit from seeing real-world resumes for the career they are seeking. Our development and fundraising resume templates are helpful sources as you prepare your job materials for a position in this field. Try the resume builder on My Perfect Resume if you would like further guidance.
- Development And Fundraising Example 1
EVENT COORDINATOR, August 2013 – Present Arts Council Exhibits, Fayetteville , NC Provides project management organization to Assistant Gallery Director, Marketing and various committees in preparation for 4 feature exhibits expect... more 2
- Development And Fundraising Example 2
Home Equity Loan Processor – ( May, 2013 – present) Chase Bank, Milwaukee, WI (USA) Customer service in a fast-paced national banking center means learning to juggle 40-80 applications in a pipeline (even though the job is ... more 3
- Development And Fundraising Example 3
KGHutslar, Lafayette, LA 1988 – 2013 : Freelance Arts Administration, Support and Management Extensive experience working in the for profit and non-profit arts community over the past 25 years. Selected projects include 2010-Curre... more 4
- Development And Fundraising Example 4
Ramada Inn, Hays, KS Director of Sales, 2006 – 2008 I was in charge of the entire sales department staff and the banquet staff. I booked all events the happened in the hotel, scheduled and supervised all banquet set-up and staff.... more 5
- Development And Fundraising Example 5
Kelly A. Kirchmar-Heger iencePediatric Speech-Language Pathologist, June, 1993 – Present SLPS, Inc., Westminster, Colorado, USA Provide speech and language assessment and intervention for individuals (adult and pediatric) with com... more 6
- Development And Fundraising Example 6
Development Director, August, 2009 – Current St. Gregory the Great Catholic School, San Antonio, Texas, USA Coordinated all marketing, public relations and advertising for the school Directed the Admissions process of the school &... more 7
- Development And Fundraising Example 7
Winston Fryer Education and TrainingEarl Warren High School – 2009 San Antonio , Texas, United States Debate, Communications High School Diploma 2009 Debater of the a Year 1st Team All-District Football 2009 District Champs Work Histo... more 8
- Development And Fundraising Example 8
abeth olds SummaryEnthusiastic student currently attending the University of Oklahoma. Possesses strong interpersonal and social skills and a passion for people. Organized and hardworking.SkillsStrong verbal communication Conflict ... more 9
- Development And Fundraising Example 9
Simone Crozier EducationWoodrow Wilson High school – 2015 Washington , Dc General Education, High School Diploma Track and Field 2014-2015 State ChampionsEducationMorgan State University – 2019 Baltimore , MD Business ... more 10
- Development And Fundraising Example 10
Ephraim Antwi Work history City of Charlottesville, Intern, June 2013 – August 2013 Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Education Charlottesville High School, 2017, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States , Languages English, Mas... more