Jobseekers possessing the combination of soft and hard skills necessary to excel in development and fundraising should make sure their resumes communicate these qualifications to employers. An exceptional resume can help you advance through the hiring process and get the job you want.
We explain how to present relevant experience and strengthen your resume when seeking a development or fundraising position. If you would like further guidance, look over our collection of development and fundraising resume templates. Find inspiration for improving the design and organization of your document or use one of these templates as the basis for your resume.
Free Community And Public Service Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional community and public service resumes.
How To Mention Your Development and Fundraising Experience
Applicants for development and fundraising jobs should describe their contributions in past positions to make a case for their future success. The best way to show employers that you are a good fit for a position is to use keywords and phrases from the job description in your resume. Look over the experience sections in our development and fundraising resume templates and the sample duties below.
• Conduct research to determine the best strategies for achieving goals for an agency, company, or organization
• Reach out to member organizations, individuals, and corporate supporters or donors to secure contributions or commitments
• Prepare informational or promotional materials to support the advancement of development or fundraising agendas
• Plan special events and invite stakeholders and supporters to increase interest in development strategies and reach fundraising goals
• Monitor progress of development and fundraising initiatives, and determine which strategies will lead to success
Development and Fundraising Resume Tips
Look for ways to set your resume apart from applicants with similar qualifications when seeking employment in the development and fundraising field. See our collection of development and fundraising resume templates to get a sense of the field, and then follow these three tips to stand out from the crowd:
1. Personalize Your Development and Fundraising Resume: Carefully read the description of the job you are seeking. Try to catch the eyes of hiring managers and recruiters by using significant keywords in the early sections of your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is a perfect place to point out the extent of your relevant experience and involvement in major development or fundraising campaigns, and use keywords to describe your skills.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Make an impression on prospective employers by being as specific as possible. One good way to do this is to cite statistics related to your development or fundraising success.