An outstanding resume can make all the difference when applying for educational and vocational counseling jobs. In order to get hired for a position in these fields, you must show employers that you possess the background necessary to advise others about their own personal and professional development.
Check out our advice on describing your experience and writing a more effective resume for a counseling position. If you want to see real-world examples, check out our collection of educational and vocational counseling resume templates. Get ideas for preparing your own document or use one of these templates to produce a professional resume in minutes.
Free Community And Public Service Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional community and public service resumes.
How To Mention Your Educational and Vocational Counseling Experience
Describe your experience for an educational and vocational counseling position in ways that reinforce your qualifications. Employers want to see how applicants excelled in previous roles with relevant responsibilities. Use action words and the same keywords and phrases that appear in the description of the position you are seeking. Refer to our educational and vocational counseling resume templates to see experience sections in the context of real-world resumes.
• Counsel individuals on achieving their educational or occupational goals, and provide support throughout the process
• Evaluate clients to identify inclinations and the best approaches for cultivating and supporting personal development
• Meet with parents, guardians, educators, or recruiters to communicate client progress and identify priorities for counseling and individual advancement
• Prepare reports or references for clients and institutional purposes, or refer clients to appropriate employers or vocational services
• Conduct follow-up consultations with counselees to determine efficacy of counseling programs and identify areas for improvement
Educational and Vocational Counseling Resume Tips
Jobseekers preparing to apply for educational and vocational counseling positions should customize their resumes for each job opening. Learn about the general requirements for a resume in this field from our educational and vocational counseling resume templates, and then make several small adjustments to present yourself as an exceptional candidate.
1. Personalize Your Educational and Vocational Counseling Resume: Customize any section of your resume by identifying keywords in the description of the job you want. Try to include this language in your summary statement, skills, and experience sections.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The summary statement is the first section employers skim. Make the most of the limited amount of time they can spend on your resume by bringing up your major qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Make your resume stand out and give employers a reason to remember you by being specific. Try to bring up significant and memorable points, and rely on metrics whenever possible.
Educational and Vocational Counseling Resume Templates
Get a better sense of what to include in your resume from our educational and vocational counseling resume templates. Refer to these real-world examples for ideas or to check your document for completeness. Use the resume builder on our partner site, My Perfect Resume, for a more guided approach.
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 1
xthew t rich Work history Carpenter, 1995 – 2003 Lengerich construction, Lawrenceburg , IN () managed the job site materials. Journeyman carpenter, March 2009 – February 2011 Gateway Concrete Forming Services, Cleves , OH () R... more 2
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 2
David Baker Education and Training High School Diploma, General Studies Harbor City High School, 1994, Baltimore , MD (USA) High School Diploma , General Studies Baltimore City Community College, 1996 – 1997, Baltimore, MD (USA)Skills... more 3
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 3
CNA (2008 – 2009) country Villa Health Services, Arcadia, Ca, USA Assisted patients with daily essential activities such as bathing, feeding, dressing, grooming & hygiene in their home. Accompany patients to doctor appointmen... more 4
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 4
Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, Colorado August 1991 – August 2011 : Teacher/Coordinator Vocational Education Taught vocational and other life skills to high school students with all types of special needs in the classroom and commun... more 5
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 5
Kayla Deja Destiny Gifford Community service Arabian Nights Dinner Attraction 3081 Arabian Nights Blvd Kissimmee, FL 34747 Permanently closed I organized files, set appointments and managed the financial system. Madison House 8001 Pin Oak Dr Orl... more 6
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 6
Alexandria Barbato Education and TrainingGranite Hills High School – 2012 Apple Valley, CA, United States General Ed., High School Diploma High School Diploma AVID TutorLanguagesSpanish, Fluent: 4 years High School, including AP ... more 7
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 7
Trina Ganis Educationina is – 2016 Long Beach, CA, USA Communications, AA Two years of coursework at Long Beach City CollegeWork historyLife Coach – ( January 27th,2014 – July 29th,2015) Injoy Life Resources, Bel... more 8
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 8
Matador Bowl, Noryhridge, Ca (Us) Front Desk Assistant, June 2015 – Present Greet and assist customers. Answer and screen phone calls accordingly. Maintain an upbeat and professional environment for co workers and customers in fas... more 9
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 9
School Secretary – ( 10/2000 – Present) Lancaster School District, Lancaster , CA (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Created and maintained new filing systems. Organized Directo... more 10
- Educational And Vocational Counseling Example 10
Material Master Specialist – Data Standards (June 1, 2013 – Present) Airgas, Tulsa, OK Managed material data in SAP for approximately 400 suppliers at a time that account for $ in sales. Original member of development team c... more