It takes excellent communication, compassion, empathy, and problem-solving skills to be a good social worker, and your resume should reflect this. In a condensed space, you need to demonstrate to the hiring manager why you are the right applicant for the job.
Our social worker resume templates are available to assist you with composing a get-noticed document that is professionally written. You will also receive advice on how to best organize important information, such as work experience and qualifications, and you will learn how to word everything to demonstrate professional value.
Free Community And Public Service Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional community and public service resumes.
How To Mention Your Social Worker Experience
How you say it is as important as what you say. Stay away from boring language, and instead, use action verbs to describe your experiences. Peruse the job description and use relevant terms and phrases in your own document. Use the social worker resume templates and following examples for assistance:
• Identify people who need help and assess their individual needs, strengths, situations, and support networks
• Recognize client goals and work with interdisciplinary team to reach them in the most efficient manner possible
• Connect with, and research, community resources and refer clients who will benefit from their services
• Report, and respond to appropriately, mental health emergencies and situations involving children and domestic abuse
• Provide emotional support and education for patients and families; understand and maintain patients' rights
Social Worker Resume Tips
There are numerous sources to help you compose a top-notch resume, and you should use as many as possible. Our social worker resume templates are a good starting point and can help you organize. There are other ways you can strengthen your document, and three important tips include:
1. Personalize Your Social Worker Resume: Although you want to write a strong core resume, it is best to personalize it for each position you are seeking. Catch the eye of the recruiter by incorporating language from each job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A summary statement should include your top relevant abilities as well as your overall experience and a couple soft skills. This is the first section the hiring manager reads, so make it compelling.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Think about the job you are applying for and use professional examples that relate to that particular role. Use numbers and other measurable facts to show your value.
Social Worker Resume Templates
Take advantage of our social worker resume templates to see real-life examples. A strong resume sample gives you a foundation to begin composing your own. Another good source is My Perfect Resume, which helps you build your document from scratch. It also offers advice and spell check as you go along.
- Social Worker Example 1
Member Services Specialist (November 2015 – Present)Amerihealth Caritas, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America Work in a high-volume call center fielding calls from a variety of sources which include, but are not li... more 2
- Social Worker Example 2
Client Services Specialist (May 2014 – Current) Home Instead Senior Care, Utica, MI Interviewed clients and decided if they met the conditions to receive social assistance under public social services. Helped clients to search out... more 3
- Social Worker Example 3
7/2006 – Present / DHHS, Social Services, Eureka, CA Social Worker Administer biopsychosocial assessments; develop case plans to address poorly managed health, mental health, family violence, substance abuse, parenting support, barr... more 4
- Social Worker Example 4
Case Manager, January 2010 – present Boston Senior Home Care, Boston, MA Responsible for assessing the needs of elders, developing care plans, maintaining files, and completing necessary paperwork. Make appropriate referrals to ou... more 5
- Social Worker Example 5
Social Work Supervisor – ( 01/2003 – 04/2004) County of San Diego, San Dieg, Ca (USA) Provided social services an supported individuals under the supervision of the social services director. Interviewed clients and decided ... more 6
- Social Worker Example 6
Disability Support Worker – Directions Disability Support Services May 2013 – Current // Western Australia (Australia) My role at Directions has been focusing on personalised plans for people with disabilities and helping t... more 7
- Social Worker Example 7
Case Manager – ShelterCare June, 2014 – October, 2016 // Eugene () Proficient use of all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Interviewed clients and decided if they met the conditions t... more 8
- Social Worker Example 8
Civil Engineering Work Shadowing – Besix – (June 8th 2015/June 12th 2015) Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Became familiar with a professional work environment – Shadowed people of different positions from geo... more 9
- Social Worker Example 9
Lucero Valdez Education and TrainingThe University of Texas at Arlington – 2015 Arlington, TX, USA Social Work, Bachelor’s Bachelor’s Degree in Social WorkInternships Community Resource Caseworker, 2015, The Children... more 10
- Social Worker Example 10
Community Support Associate (March 2004 – December 2006)Region V Services, Lincoln, NE, United States Provided direct support services to people with developmental disabilities in both residential and day program settings.Ser... more