When you are looking for a job in construction, what position you seek will depend on your unique skill set. Construction laborer and helper jobs are growing at a faster than average rate, so you will enjoy an increase in the number of positions that are open, but that may also attract more competition to these jobs. You should do everything you can to establish your qualifications, and your best resource in this battle is your resume. If you are not sure what recruiters will be looking for on a submission for a construction job, review our construction trade resume template.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Construction Trade Experience
What makes a job candidate for a position in construction competitive? Strength and skill are certainly important, but conveying these qualities on a resume might be a challenge. The phrasing you select is wise to consider. Using active words and describing your experience vividly is vital. You should also try to reflect the phrasing that appears in the job posting. You will notice that our construction trade resume template follows these guidelines in its phrasing, too:
• Operate equipment to perform various tasks on construction worksites
• Transport tools and materials to and from worksites
• Install tile, drywall, flooring, and cement slabs on new construction sites
• Assist with carpentry, electrical and plumbing tasks as needed
• Set up materials, area, and tools for work on various construction tasks
Construction Trade Resume Tips
Using action words and showcasing your skills effectively are vital aspects of writing a great resume. There are plenty of other important principles to keep in mind, though. If you have considered our construction trade resume template, you likely already have a head start on your resume, but these additional tips might help you further develop a resume that wins recruiters' attention:
1. Personalize Your Construction Trade Resume: Do not let your resume look like everybody else's. Each job is different, and as such, you should tweak every resume you submit to specifically reflect that particular posting.
2. Write a Powerful Statement: Reading an entire document might take a while, so you should know that few recruiters initially do this. Instead, they look for an impactful professional summary to determine whether to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Giving your audience examples of your accomplishments is engaging, illustrative, and effective. If you claim to have a skill, show that you have used it.
Construction Trade Resume Templates
Though working in construction primarily consists of skilled manual labor, other skills are necessary for the job. Review our construction trade resume template and apply these tips to the resume-builder tool to create the resume you need to succeed on your job hunt.
- Construction Trade Example 1
Journeyman Ironworker,Bus.Agt/Fin.Sec – ( June 1970 – June 2012) Ironworkers Local #45, Jersey City, NJ Steel Erection,Assemble Cranes, Bridge repairs, Represented 300 union ironworkers on construction sites, manage offic... more 2
- Construction Trade Example 2
mad lili Education and Training Certificate , Welding Moraine Valley Community College , Dec 2015, Palos hills , IL (USA) Certifications Advanced SMAW, Individualized Welding Problems, Multi-process. All certifications graduated with high... more 3
- Construction Trade Example 3
Advanced Scaffolder, 01/04/2014 – Current Bechtel Aplng, Gladstone, Qld, Australia Ensure a 100% Safe Work Practice.Ensure a High Standards of work.Ensure Quality & Quantity to be Implemented.Ensure 100% Hookup at All Times.En... more 4
- Construction Trade Example 4
Millwright Helper – Fagen Inc May 2010 – August 2011 // Fargo (USA) Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment to the construction foreman. Cleaned tools... more 5
- Construction Trade Example 5
constuction worker – ( 4-13-06 – present) bear elec. and constuction, victorville, california (United States) Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment t... more 6
- Construction Trade Example 6
Construction (02/10/2003 – Present)Westerner Products, Yuma, AZ Installing awnings, installing cabinets, drywall, metal roofs, new construction, decks, skirting, mobile home set-ups, handrails, mobile home steps, sheds, room add... more 7
- Construction Trade Example 7
xngstar ayas Skills Remarkable organizational skills People management experience The ability to work under pressure and make fast decisions Capable to deal promptly with emergency situations The ability to follow instructions and deliver ... more 8
- Construction Trade Example 8
Elevator Constructor (07/2010 – 04/2013)Carlsen’s Elevator Services, Inc., Downers Grove, IL Installation of hydraulic and electric elevators. Creating and maintaining job schedules. Daily safety inspection of safety gear ... more 9
- Construction Trade Example 9
Journeyman Instrument Fitter – ( Jan. 30, 2014 – Current) TIC. The Industrial Company, Brush, Colorado (Usa) Fab and install stands, tray and supports. Bend and install tubing including multi-line runs. Install instrument... more 10
- Construction Trade Example 10
Senior Forman, 1994 – Current BKM/Red Thread, East Hartford, CT, USA Inspected equipment before use. Cleaned tools and equipment after each work day. Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Delivered construction material... more