When you are looking for a job in construction, what position you seek will depend on your unique skill set. Construction laborer and helper jobs are growing at a faster than average rate, so you will enjoy an increase in the number of positions that are open, but that may also attract more competition to these jobs. You should do everything you can to establish your qualifications, and your best resource in this battle is your resume. If you are not sure what recruiters will be looking for on a submission for a construction job, review our construction trade resume template.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Construction Trade Experience
What makes a job candidate for a position in construction competitive? Strength and skill are certainly important, but conveying these qualities on a resume might be a challenge. The phrasing you select is wise to consider. Using active words and describing your experience vividly is vital. You should also try to reflect the phrasing that appears in the job posting. You will notice that our construction trade resume template follows these guidelines in its phrasing, too:
• Operate equipment to perform various tasks on construction worksites
• Transport tools and materials to and from worksites
• Install tile, drywall, flooring, and cement slabs on new construction sites
• Assist with carpentry, electrical and plumbing tasks as needed
• Set up materials, area, and tools for work on various construction tasks
Construction Trade Resume Tips
Using action words and showcasing your skills effectively are vital aspects of writing a great resume. There are plenty of other important principles to keep in mind, though. If you have considered our construction trade resume template, you likely already have a head start on your resume, but these additional tips might help you further develop a resume that wins recruiters' attention:
1. Personalize Your Construction Trade Resume: Do not let your resume look like everybody else's. Each job is different, and as such, you should tweak every resume you submit to specifically reflect that particular posting.
2. Write a Powerful Statement: Reading an entire document might take a while, so you should know that few recruiters initially do this. Instead, they look for an impactful professional summary to determine whether to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Giving your audience examples of your accomplishments is engaging, illustrative, and effective. If you claim to have a skill, show that you have used it.
Construction Trade Resume Templates
Though working in construction primarily consists of skilled manual labor, other skills are necessary for the job. Review our construction trade resume template and apply these tips to the resume-builder tool to create the resume you need to succeed on your job hunt.
- Construction Trade Example 11
Driller – ( Oct 2012 – Feb 2013) Peterson Drilling and Testing, Amarillo, Texas (USA) Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Inserted risers as needed. Cleaned tools and equipment after each work day. Unloaded an... more 12
- Construction Trade Example 12
Manager/ Security – ( 03/2013 – 05/2017) Frog Pond, Midwest City , OK (United States) Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned events to achieve the company objectives.Responsible for ... more 13
- Construction Trade Example 13
BOILER MAKER – ( MARCH 14 – MAY 14) OHMSTEDE, TEXAS CITY ,VALERO, TEXAS (USA) REMOVAL, BLIND, ASSEMBLE, TORQUE, HYDRO-TEST, AND REPAIR OF EXCHANGERS ,RE-BOILERS , HAIRPIN EXCHANGERS, FURNACES, HEATERS, DRUMS, PSV’S ,S... more 14
- Construction Trade Example 14
Boat Rigger (01/14 – still working) Hallberg Marine, Wyoming , Minnesota, U.S.A Used power tools, hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Operated engines, equipment and pumps to keep established operating processes. Loade... more 15
- Construction Trade Example 15
Lead Cook – ( Febuary 2011 – Febuary 2013) Nevada Department of Corrections, Reno, NV (USA) Prepare all meals breakfast , lunch , and dinners . Order supplies , ingredients ,meal planning,train new cooks,and prep cooks. Too... more 16
- Construction Trade Example 16
Certified Pharmacy Technician (March 2015 – Current) Andy’s Pharmacy, Cookeville, TN Process new and refill prescriptions, including billing to insurance and accurately counting medications. After only 1 month, I was put in... more 17
- Construction Trade Example 17
Dana Schoonmaker Skills Customer Service -, Resolve issues for customers both internal and external on a day to day basis., 11+ years Blueprint and Hardware Schedule Review -, Check blueprints and hardware to meet established standards and param... more 18
- Construction Trade Example 18
Service tech (12/07/2011 – 02/07/2013)Performance doors inc., Anahiem, Ca., Usa Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment to the construction foreman. Cleaned... more 19
- Construction Trade Example 19
Class A Mechanic, 7/01/2011 – 6/30/2012 Turner Construction, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States Occasionally supervised the filter floor Rebuilt valves Replaced pipes, pumps, and valves Changed filter cloths Assembled, dismantle... more 20
- Construction Trade Example 20
Journeyman Carpenter, 4/2006 – present Big Dawg Construction, Rancho cordova, CA, 95670 Foreclosure remodeling.Complete tear out of homes. Replace wiring,plumbing, hot water tanks. Install complete kitchen and bathroom to full oper... more