When you are looking for a job in construction, what position you seek will depend on your unique skill set. Construction laborer and helper jobs are growing at a faster than average rate, so you will enjoy an increase in the number of positions that are open, but that may also attract more competition to these jobs. You should do everything you can to establish your qualifications, and your best resource in this battle is your resume. If you are not sure what recruiters will be looking for on a submission for a construction job, review our construction trade resume template.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Construction Trade Experience
What makes a job candidate for a position in construction competitive? Strength and skill are certainly important, but conveying these qualities on a resume might be a challenge. The phrasing you select is wise to consider. Using active words and describing your experience vividly is vital. You should also try to reflect the phrasing that appears in the job posting. You will notice that our construction trade resume template follows these guidelines in its phrasing, too:
• Operate equipment to perform various tasks on construction worksites
• Transport tools and materials to and from worksites
• Install tile, drywall, flooring, and cement slabs on new construction sites
• Assist with carpentry, electrical and plumbing tasks as needed
• Set up materials, area, and tools for work on various construction tasks
Construction Trade Resume Tips
Using action words and showcasing your skills effectively are vital aspects of writing a great resume. There are plenty of other important principles to keep in mind, though. If you have considered our construction trade resume template, you likely already have a head start on your resume, but these additional tips might help you further develop a resume that wins recruiters' attention:
1. Personalize Your Construction Trade Resume: Do not let your resume look like everybody else's. Each job is different, and as such, you should tweak every resume you submit to specifically reflect that particular posting.
2. Write a Powerful Statement: Reading an entire document might take a while, so you should know that few recruiters initially do this. Instead, they look for an impactful professional summary to determine whether to keep reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Giving your audience examples of your accomplishments is engaging, illustrative, and effective. If you claim to have a skill, show that you have used it.
Construction Trade Resume Templates
Though working in construction primarily consists of skilled manual labor, other skills are necessary for the job. Review our construction trade resume template and apply these tips to the resume-builder tool to create the resume you need to succeed on your job hunt.
- Construction Trade Example 41
Foreman – ( September 2010 – Present) Kanga, LLC, Jacksonville, FL (USA) Inspected equipment before use. Delivered construction material.Work historyForeman – ( September 2010 – Present) Kanga, LLC., Jack... more 42
- Construction Trade Example 42
River City Construction, East Peoria , Il. 2008 – present : Carpenter General Foreman Starting as a journeyman carpenter with River City Construction I have moved to Carpenter Foreman and most recently to Carpenter General Foreman. ... more 43
- Construction Trade Example 43
Mill Creek Residential LLC., Ft.Lauderdale, Florida 33308 (USA) Maintenance Tech/Make Ready Supervisor, December 2013 – August 2014 Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails in the mak... more 44
- Construction Trade Example 44
Inspector/Estimator/Supervisor (April, 2013 – November, 2015)Rainbow Environmental Services, Fairfax, Ohio, United States Consulted with clients to determine the type and size of abatement was necessary for the specific situatio... more 45
- Construction Trade Example 45
Installer (05/2013 – 05/21/2014)Vivint Solar, Camarillo, ca Mapped out PV systems on residential roofs over 300 ZEP and 50 MSI mounting systems Installed on composition shingles and tile Read PV system prints and wiring schemati... more 46
- Construction Trade Example 46
Maintinance/ constuction manager – ( September 1989 – October 2012) B&B Department stores, Brick Town, New Jersey (United States) Informed about deficiencies in safety practices and equipment to protect customers and ... more 47
- Construction Trade Example 47
Co-Owner – ( 04/2003 – 11/2013) K&D Construction, North East, PA (USA) Maintained company vehicles and equipment safety. Performed general laborer work such as placing concrete and installing formwork. Cut concrete and... more 48
- Construction Trade Example 48
pipefitter – ( January 5 2012 – January 5 2014) Yates construction, meridian, Mississippi (United States) Prepping and installing pipes, reading blue prints Inserted risers as needed.pipefitter – ( February 1 201o... more 49
- Construction Trade Example 49
Millwright – Tradesmen International November 2014 – June 2016 // Jamestown (USA) Removed and replaced machine guarding to meet OSHA standardsMechanic/Laborer – Goodbans Towing 2013 – 2014 // North East (US... more 50
- Construction Trade Example 50
resedential construction worker – ( aug. 1984 – present) self-employed subcontractor, Burnsville, MN (USA) In my work as a self-employed subcontractor I have done everything involving house framing, finish carpentry, house ... more