If you want to get a job, your resume has to reflect your most impressive experiences and skills in an efficient way. Hiring managers want to know the person they interview has the training, physical stamina, and knowledge to properly work with metal, yet they only spend six seconds reading a resume. You need to turn to helpful advice to make sure you craft a resume that makes it plain you’re perfect for the job.
Use our metal worker resume templates and accompanying writing tips to get started building a useful document. With industry-proven inspiration, you have the tools needed to create a strong resume.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Metal Worker Experience
You know your experience needs to be the focus for a large portion of your resume. What you might not realize is that how you write this section can affect an employer's opinion of you. You need to use industry-specific action verbs and engaging language that mirrors the job ad to make your fit for the job clear, as many of the metal worker resume templates do.
• Repair leaks in the sheet metal of ventilation systems to improve system energy efficiency
• Use computer-aided drafting and design to make industry-specific metal sheets and ductwork
• Install metal roofing according to building specifications using screws, rivets, or bolts
• Adjust sheet metal ducts of HVAC systems to give system proper airflow
• Read blueprints to measure and mark reference lines and dimensions for specialized projects
Metal Worker Resume Tips
Sending in a strong resume makes you a better candidate. You can quickly learn what type of language and format to use by reading through the many metal worker resume templates found here. You can also use the following tips to help you customize your document.
1. Personalize Your Metal Worker Resume: Employers don't want to see a cookie-cutter document. Instead, you should focus on projects you completed and goals you reached that other candidates can't mention as you point out industry-specific skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have little time to catch the attention of an employer. Your opening paragraph should point out your biggest achievements and skills to ensure that you put your best foot forward.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Glossing over your experience with generic phrasing can make hiring managers lose interest. Show off how you can benefit an employer by mentioning skills you need for the job at hand. Read through the job description for inspiration.
Metal Worker Resume Templates
Real-world examples help you figure out what makes a strong document. Our metal worker resume templates give you a clear understanding of what's expected in the industry because they're from real-world professionals.
You don't have to rely on templates alone. The resume builder from My Perfect Resume gives industry-specific tips for each section of your document.
- Metal Worker Example 11
Tig welder , Stick welder , Mig welder – ( 08-10 – 05-14) Hasty Construction , Dalton, Georgia Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Oper... more 12
- Metal Worker Example 12
assembly line operator – ( july 1990 – january 1993) international wiring systems phils., tarlac, tarlac (Philippines) Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails. Cleaned equipme... more 13
- Metal Worker Example 13
xeida ciosNone, None Comfort High School, 2011, comfort, TX (united states) High School DiplomaNone Languages English, 8 Spanish, 5 Work history Kitchen Duty (June 4, 2011 – August 20, 2011) Hermsonn’s Youth Camp, Com... more 14
- Metal Worker Example 14
Forklif driver – ( 7-10-2014 – still working just looking for somthing better and with some medical benefits and a little bit clean) Lead Point, Tacomag, WA Louding and unloding trucks, Transfer waste container to waste ac... more 15
- Metal Worker Example 15
Sheet metal worker – ( January 1, 2001 – Current) Newjac, Inc, Lebanon, Indiana (United States) Measure, design, occasional fabrication and installation of industrial hoods. Work experience on rooftop units, boilers, bag ho... more 16
- Metal Worker Example 16
Induction Furnace Operator – ( 1999 – 2009) International Speciality Alloys, New Castle, Pa (USA) Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Maintained the day to day operations of the furnace and produced alloys to cus... more 17
- Metal Worker Example 17
Ladle repair – ( 3/18/2014 – Current ) Manchester metals, North Manchester , In (USA ) I remove slag and iron from pouring and transport ladles with 3 types of pneumatic chisels until clean, then would patch with either a T... more 18
- Metal Worker Example 18
chief Financial Officer , 2004 – Present ALTanmiah Industrial & Investment Co,, Riyadh, ALHayat Mall, Saudi Arabia ï‚§ Performing company valuation using discount cash flow method. ï‚§ Supporting top management in tak... more 19
- Metal Worker Example 19
Douglas Thomas Professional Summary. Industrial worker motivated to learn new trades and skills. Interested in growing a career and fostering leadership capabilities. Excelling in every task given. Education and TrainingLake Region High schoo... more 20
- Metal Worker Example 20
Hanson’s, Toledo, Ohio (USA) Window Installer, June 2014 – January 2017 Removed old windows and replaced them with new. Insulate and trim windows. Kept a clean working environment whenever possible. Have also laid siding on ... more