If you want to get a job, your resume has to reflect your most impressive experiences and skills in an efficient way. Hiring managers want to know the person they interview has the training, physical stamina, and knowledge to properly work with metal, yet they only spend six seconds reading a resume. You need to turn to helpful advice to make sure you craft a resume that makes it plain you’re perfect for the job.
Use our metal worker resume templates and accompanying writing tips to get started building a useful document. With industry-proven inspiration, you have the tools needed to create a strong resume.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Metal Worker Experience
You know your experience needs to be the focus for a large portion of your resume. What you might not realize is that how you write this section can affect an employer's opinion of you. You need to use industry-specific action verbs and engaging language that mirrors the job ad to make your fit for the job clear, as many of the metal worker resume templates do.
• Repair leaks in the sheet metal of ventilation systems to improve system energy efficiency
• Use computer-aided drafting and design to make industry-specific metal sheets and ductwork
• Install metal roofing according to building specifications using screws, rivets, or bolts
• Adjust sheet metal ducts of HVAC systems to give system proper airflow
• Read blueprints to measure and mark reference lines and dimensions for specialized projects
Metal Worker Resume Tips
Sending in a strong resume makes you a better candidate. You can quickly learn what type of language and format to use by reading through the many metal worker resume templates found here. You can also use the following tips to help you customize your document.
1. Personalize Your Metal Worker Resume: Employers don't want to see a cookie-cutter document. Instead, you should focus on projects you completed and goals you reached that other candidates can't mention as you point out industry-specific skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have little time to catch the attention of an employer. Your opening paragraph should point out your biggest achievements and skills to ensure that you put your best foot forward.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Glossing over your experience with generic phrasing can make hiring managers lose interest. Show off how you can benefit an employer by mentioning skills you need for the job at hand. Read through the job description for inspiration.
Metal Worker Resume Templates
Real-world examples help you figure out what makes a strong document. Our metal worker resume templates give you a clear understanding of what's expected in the industry because they're from real-world professionals.
You don't have to rely on templates alone. The resume builder from My Perfect Resume gives industry-specific tips for each section of your document.
- Metal Worker Example 21
Tyler Waller Education and TrainingWilmington High School, 2006 Wilmington , Ohio College Prep, High School Diploma Graduated as a student athlete with a career focus.Work historyFabrication, March, 2013 – Present Henny Penny Corp, E... more 22
- Metal Worker Example 22
Burger King, Douglasville, Georgia (United States) Crew Member, March 7th 2016 – May 25th 2016 Operated the cash register and handled return or exchange requests. Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our produ... more 23
- Metal Worker Example 23
Machinists Assistant (May 2019 – August 2019)Payne Machine Shop, DeKalb, Texas, USA Assisted the manufacturing and repair of 18 wheeler parts Manufactured some pretty sick brush guards and other off-road accessories.Skills... more 24
- Metal Worker Example 24
Scaffold Builder (07/15 – 11/15)Apache Industrial, Houston, Tx, Usa Repaired and maintained the wooden structures and equipment in the building. Constructed, installed and repaired all king of structures and fixtures: wood, wal... more 25
- Metal Worker Example 25
welder/fabricater – ( Nov. 2011 – May 2013) SteelFab , Dublin, Georgia (usa) mig weld in the flat position. Cut parts for beams and drilled parts.welder – ( nov. 2011 – may 2013) steelFab, dublin, ga (usa)... more 26
- Metal Worker Example 26
Demario Milton Education and TrainingThomasville High School – 2015 Thomasville , AL General, Diploma Attended Dual EnrollmentAlabama Southern Community College – 2015 Thomasville, Alabama Welding, Certificate I learned a ... more 27
- Metal Worker Example 27
Alec Mingl Education and TrainingKaneland Highschool – 2015 Maple park, IL, United States welding, Diploma High school Diploma, completed Three Welding classes.Elgin Community College – 2018 Elgin, IL, United States Welding... more 28
- Metal Worker Example 28
James Perez Jr References Graham Matthew Telephone: 170 70002 Dominguez Juan Telephone: 151 10015950 Madden Corey Telephone: 151 12532224 Education and Training Floresville Highschool, 2013 (Floresville, Texas – USA) General know... more 29
- Metal Worker Example 29
Henrique Ramos Education and TrainingSupletivo Paulista – 2013 Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil college, high school High School Diploma. technician in mechanical machining. technician programmer and operator cnc lathe.Internships ... more 30
- Metal Worker Example 30
santana Thomas Skills craftsman, sawing grinding and tooling metal, 2 years forklift operator, loading hauling and stocking material, 1 year assembly line packing, packing goods stacking boxes and able to operate pallet jack, 3 years dishwashe... more