If you want to get a job, your resume has to reflect your most impressive experiences and skills in an efficient way. Hiring managers want to know the person they interview has the training, physical stamina, and knowledge to properly work with metal, yet they only spend six seconds reading a resume. You need to turn to helpful advice to make sure you craft a resume that makes it plain you’re perfect for the job.
Use our metal worker resume templates and accompanying writing tips to get started building a useful document. With industry-proven inspiration, you have the tools needed to create a strong resume.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Metal Worker Experience
You know your experience needs to be the focus for a large portion of your resume. What you might not realize is that how you write this section can affect an employer's opinion of you. You need to use industry-specific action verbs and engaging language that mirrors the job ad to make your fit for the job clear, as many of the metal worker resume templates do.
• Repair leaks in the sheet metal of ventilation systems to improve system energy efficiency
• Use computer-aided drafting and design to make industry-specific metal sheets and ductwork
• Install metal roofing according to building specifications using screws, rivets, or bolts
• Adjust sheet metal ducts of HVAC systems to give system proper airflow
• Read blueprints to measure and mark reference lines and dimensions for specialized projects
Metal Worker Resume Tips
Sending in a strong resume makes you a better candidate. You can quickly learn what type of language and format to use by reading through the many metal worker resume templates found here. You can also use the following tips to help you customize your document.
1. Personalize Your Metal Worker Resume: Employers don't want to see a cookie-cutter document. Instead, you should focus on projects you completed and goals you reached that other candidates can't mention as you point out industry-specific skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have little time to catch the attention of an employer. Your opening paragraph should point out your biggest achievements and skills to ensure that you put your best foot forward.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Glossing over your experience with generic phrasing can make hiring managers lose interest. Show off how you can benefit an employer by mentioning skills you need for the job at hand. Read through the job description for inspiration.
Metal Worker Resume Templates
Real-world examples help you figure out what makes a strong document. Our metal worker resume templates give you a clear understanding of what's expected in the industry because they're from real-world professionals.
You don't have to rely on templates alone. The resume builder from My Perfect Resume gives industry-specific tips for each section of your document.
- Metal Worker Example 31
Sheet Metal (12/2013 – 09/2016) Newport News Shipbuilding, Newport News, VA, US Utilized blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions to determine project requirements including scoping, assembly, sequence and required... more 32
- Metal Worker Example 32
Roger Dempsey Work historyCNC Plasma Burner + Oxy – ( June 2008 – August 2015) SSAB Americas LTD, Delta, BC (Canada) Program CNC computer per work order instructions. Read, analyze and interpret technical drawings. Verify correct ... more 33
- Metal Worker Example 33
structural welder/general mechanic – ( October 31 2012 – present) Alcoa, Point Comfort, TX (USA) Laid out and fabricated various structural and pipe projects, made repairs on existing structures and vessels, when needed wou... more 34
- Metal Worker Example 34
Coiler/ Front Machines (01/2012 – present) Midwest Cable, Byesville, Ohio, Guerseny Constructed and modified engine components using different metals, and methods such as bolting, welding and seaming. Coil cable on 250 foot coils,... more 35
- Metal Worker Example 35
Matel Fab., Forest Grove, OR Fabrucater/Welder, 2014 – 2014 Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. Operated engines, equipment and pumps to keep established operating processes. Performed maintenance and mechanical activi... more 36
- Metal Worker Example 36
Machine Operator (04/03 – 07/07) Dixien LLC, Lake City, Ga, United States Maintained facilities and equipment as needed. .Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails. Cleaned equipment a... more 37
- Metal Worker Example 37
Welder / Fabricator – ( 5/18/2015 – Present) Bob Kline Quality Metals, West Palm Beach, , Fl (USA) I was responsible for all aspects of fabricating and welding parts for any projects that were given to me. I had to read pla... more 38
- Metal Worker Example 38
Charles Henderson Summary Self-motivated die casting operator determined to produce quality parts in a safe and productive way and setting up die cast machines with precision and keen attention to detail. Also experienced in forklift driving and ... more 39
- Metal Worker Example 39
David Canterbury Work historyMechanic – Maitenance worker – ( 5/2000 – 12/2002) US Road & Rail, Melvindale, Michigan (USA) I fixed train cars and semi trailers .Truck Driver – ( 06-2010 – 08-2013) Shamro... more 40
- Metal Worker Example 40
Jordan Poole Education and Training Payson High School, 2016, Payson, Utah, United States business management, diploma Work history Subway, Sandwich Artist, 11/18/2014 – 05/02/2015 Salem, Utah, United StatesRed Cross, Lifeguard, 05/15/... more