Plumbers and pipefitters play an important rule during any building project since today, nearly every structure relies on a working plumbing system. When you possess a carefully-drafted plumbing and pipefitter resume sample, you can provide employers with the information they need to determine that you're the best fit for the open position. Your document can also give employers a glimpse into who you are and what you bring to their organization as an employee.
By using one of our plumber and pipefitter resume templates, and incorporating your most impressive professional information, you'll be able to put together a winning resume in just a few minutes.
Free Construction Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional construction resumes.
How To Mention Your Plumber and Pipefitter Experience
Just because you list work experience on your resume doesn't necessarily mean it will impress potential employers and hiring managers. Since plumbers and pipefitters must often work independently on building projects, you have to show employers that not only do you possess the experience, but you can manage construction work with success on your own. In addition to using action verbs and mirroring the language contained in the ad, our plumber and pipefitter resume templates can also help with this.
• Coordinate with other craftsmen and tradesmen during building projects to carefully and successfully implement plumbing
• Use drain cleaning equipment to clean existing sewer lines
• Work with welders to properly and accurately fit pipes to new construction buildings
• Maintain knowledge of state plumbing codes and apply this knowledge when working on projects
• Analyze and read blueprints to identify locations for new pipes, and come up with plans for installing the piping
Plumber and Pipefitter Resume Tips
Our plumber and pipefitter resume templates are a great place to start when you begin drafting your resume. At the same time, these tips can help you elevate your document and impress employers during your job hunt. Use these while you write your resume and you're sure to stand out from the competition for all the right reasons.
1. Personalize Your Plumber and Pipefitter Resume:
You shouldn't submit the same resume for every new job you apply for. Rather, you should customize your resume based on the individual requirements of every job ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary:
Your summary statement is the first thing employers read when they open your resume. Make sure you emphasize why you are the best candidate for the open position as you write this section.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences:
Employers want specific information from you, so find ways to include it in your document. For instance, using metrics in your work experience section is a great way to do this.