Technical support positions often call for a combination of general and specialized technical skills and communication abilities. Candidates pursuing employment in this field should strive to provide employers with relevant background information and clearly indicate that they meet all of the requirements for a particular position.
We provide career-specific writing pointers to show you how to reference your past experience in ways that can help you get hired. We also offer tips on strengthening other major sections of your resume. Find inspiration for the content and formatting of your document from our collection of real-world technical support resume templates.
Free Customer Service Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional customer service resumes.
How To Mention Your Technical Support Experience
Employers look for indications that an applicant could be the right candidate to fill a position. Identify significant keywords in the description of the technical support role you want, and then use these terms throughout your resume. Describe your accomplishments and responsibilities in previous positions with action words. See the following sample responsibilities and examples of work history sections in our technical support resume templates.
• Answer user questions and solve problems involving the use of systems, hardware, software, or networks
• Initiate and clear service tickets while maintaining detailed records regarding issue resolutions and ongoing repairs
• Monitor performance of enterprise systems, ensuring that software and hardware are functional, updated, and secure
• Reference user or administrator guides, operational manuals, or troubleshooting protocols for information about technical issues
• Develop training procedures for technical support employees including guides for service agents on various tiers
Technical Support Resume Tips
Employers spend an average of six seconds reviewing each application. Make the most of your summary statement and list of skills by customizing these early sections for the position you are seeking. Check out our technical support resume templates for ideas, or compare your materials to other real-world submissions.
1. Personalize Your Technical Support Resume: Avoid submitting the same resume to more than one opening. Prioritize your strongest qualifications for each role to respond to the major requirements for the technical support job you want.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This statement is the first section a prospective employer is likely to see. Write a few short phrases emphasizing the amount of experience you have and your most valuable qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Make an impression on the hiring managers or recruiters who read your resume by being specific. Look for ways to mention metrics or statistics that support your ability to succeed.
Technical Support Resume Templates
You can improve the quality of your resume by following these best practices. If you are not sure what to include or how to structure your document, reference our real-world technical support resume templates. Produce a polished document with the resume builder available on our partner site, My Perfect Resume.
- Technical Support Example 1
Excel, Vijayawada, Andhra pradesh (India) Techinical support, Febuary 2013 – December 2014 Kept efficient deployment processes and techniques for continued roll outs of standardized company hardware and configured deployments that... more 2
- Technical Support Example 2
an de xtas EducationBartram Trail High School, 2013 Saint Johns, Florida, United States , High School DiplomaWork historyCustomer Service & Sales Associate, 11/01/2012 – 11/01/2013 The UPS Store, Saint Johns, Florida, Unite... more 3
- Technical Support Example 3
July 2011 – Present / MENDACOMP, Hillsboro, OR Computer Repair Owner Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Assisted individual customers and companies in the use of computer software and equipment, b... more 4
- Technical Support Example 4
Line Cook – ( 2004 – 2007) Johnny’s Mexican Kitchen , Las Vegas , New Mexico Established a proper production chain and organized staff to ensure appropriate delivery of services. Inspected equipment and work areas t... more 5
- Technical Support Example 5
– / , , test ... more 6
- Technical Support Example 6
d – 4 yearsSales, Professional – 3 yearsCustomer Service, Former Manager – 10 yearsExperience MicroComputing Analyst (April 2012 – Present)Saint Louis University – School of Law, Saint Louis, Mis... more 7
- Technical Support Example 7
IT Support Technician (October 2014 – Current)America First Credit Union, Riverdale, UT a. Contribute to the proper installation, maintenance and disposal of desktop computers, monitors, printers, and other peripherals. b. Prov... more 8
- Technical Support Example 8
Technical Support Representative, October 10, 2011 – Present Formally Volt/Aerotek Inc., San Antonio, Texas, United States Experienced team builder and mentor for my peers. Vast knowledge of business products and customer service t... more 9
- Technical Support Example 9
IT Support Services – ( January 2008 – Present) Self-Employed, Potomac, Maryland (United States) I commute to people’s houses and help fix their computer problems. The issues range from wireless network setup to re-in... more 10
- Technical Support Example 10
Technical Support Representative (July 2015 – Till Date )IBM India Pvt Ltd, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Managed customer support queue daily, direc... more