If you aspire to counsel students and other individuals seeking employment, your resume should indicate your expertise in this area. Start by summing up the extent of your experience and major qualifications. You should then provide employers with a list of relevant skills as well as descriptions of past positions and your educational background.
An outstanding resume will showcase your qualifications to assist others seeking occupational guidance. We provide pointers on how to present your experience and make your application more compelling. You may also benefit from looking at real-world examples from our collection of career counselor resume templates.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Career Counselor Experience
When seeking work as a professional career counselor, you should describe your previous experience in ways that will make a positive impression on prospective employers. Use keywords and phrases that correspond to the requirements of the position you are seeking. Emphasize your abilities by using action words, as shown in the sample responsibilities below and the work history sections of our career counselor resume templates.
• Help students and other jobseekers find employment in areas suited to their backgrounds and preferences
• Perform evaluations to determine each counselee's individual and professional strengths and provide direction toward suitable employment
• Maintain a network of connections with employers and recruiters to facilitate job placement for counselees
• Provide guidance to help clients overcome issues that could impede their personal or career development
• Organize and lead informational sessions on career matching and guidelines for pursuing a job search
Career Counselor Resume Tips
There are several ways to improve the quality of your career counselor resume. Early sections, including the summary statement and your list of skills, should catch the eye of prospective employers. Keep the work history and education sections informative and easy to skim, as shown in our career counselor resume templates.
1. Personalize Your Career Counselor Resume: Sum up the extent of your experience and specific strengths to add a personal touch to your professional document. Use significant keywords from a job description wherever possible.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Employers only spend about six seconds skimming each resume. Grab their attention with a strong summary statement that covers your most compelling qualifications for the particular position you are seeking.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Try to be as specific as possible when describing your skills, as well as your achievements and responsibilities in past positions. Use metrics or statistics that demonstrate your ability to succeed.
Career Counselor Resume Templates
You may find our career counselor resume templates by real jobseekers useful when preparing your application. Reference these examples to get inspiration for the content and formatting of your own document or to check your materials for completeness. Quickly create a polished document with the resume builder from My Perfect Resume.
- Career Counselor Example 1
PLTW Engineering and Mathematics Teacher – ( August 2010 – Present) Galveston ISD, Galveston, TX (USA) Taught engineering and mathematics classes, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized other act... more 2
- Career Counselor Example 2
HR Coordinator (Aug-2006 – May 2007) IIPM, Hyderabad, Telangana, India Duties and Responsibilities 1. Was part of “Train and Hire”prog to shortlist candidates for “Dell International”. 2. Used my judgeme... more 3
- Career Counselor Example 3
KENYA WALTOWER OBJECTIVETo obtain a position as a High School Counselor where my background in special education, well-rounded classroom experience and training as a school counseling graduate will assist Thomson High School in providing the ne... more 4
- Career Counselor Example 4
Counselor Intern, 01-2013 – Present Daughters of Charity Social Services, San Antonio, TX, USA As a counselor intern I provide support to the teachers of the DePaul’s Children’s center by conducting classroom behavior i... more 5
- Career Counselor Example 5
College and Career Coach (JUly 2007 – present) Roger C. Sullivan High School, Chicago, IL, United States ?? Coordinated College tours and fairs ?? Coordinated scholarship workshops ?? Coordinated Grade level Parent Night ?? Facil... more 6
- Career Counselor Example 6
Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, Prestonsburg, KY (USA) Prestonsburg District of the United Methdoist Church, October 1998 – Present Created and maintained new filing systems. Organized Director’s c... more 7
- Career Counselor Example 7
Instructional Assistant/Secretary – ( 09/2009 – currently employed) Chemeketa Community College, Salem, OR (USA) Placement and proctored exams Communicate with team Assist in the coordination of services and resources for... more 8
- Career Counselor Example 8
Bilingual counseling (September 1990 – August 2015)New York City Department of Education, New York , New York , USA Provided Bilingual Counseling to Special Education Students and work shops for parents.NewEducation New Yo... more 9
- Career Counselor Example 9
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (September 2011 – present)Samartitan Village, Ellenville, New York Planned course content and methodology. Taught English, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized ot... more 10
- Career Counselor Example 10
Care giver – ( 2006 – 2008) Sylmar foster / DAY CARE, Sylmar, CA (US) Advised students about their educational development. Listened to any littke conversation to comfort and advice in any way I could help them.Education... more