Colleges and universities employ a variety of professionals across many fields. If you want to work in an academic environment, your resume should show that you are the right candidate for a particular position. We provide guidance on presenting your experience and making a positive impression on prospective employers.
You may find it easier to write a resume after looking over materials from real-world jobseekers. Our college and university resume templates cover a range of careers at institutions of higher education. Regardless of your background or specialization, you can write a better resume that will help you get hired.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your College and University Experience
Describe previous work experience in ways that satisfy the requirements for a college or university position. Try to emphasize transferrable skills, especially if you are moving into higher education after working in a different field. Use keywords and phrases from the job description and action words wherever possible. See the following sample responsibilities in addition to the experience sections on our college and university resume templates.
• Interface between student, faculty, and staff populations to promote an open and positive institutional culture
• Lead tours and arrange meetings to make the university environment more welcoming for incoming students
• Schedule events and public meetings to spread information and promote involvement in the campus environment
• Guide young adults in achieving independence and making personal and professional plans for the future
• Provide conflict resolution and mediation services to promote the resolution of difficulties through mutual deliberation
College and University Resume Tips
Devote time to improving the aspects of your resume that are most important to employers. From your professional summary to your list of skills and descriptions of past positions, there are several ways to customize your document. See our college and university resume templates for practical examples of these tips.
1. Personalize Your College and University Resume: Your document should reflect your unique abilities as well as the requirements of the job you are seeking. Aim to balance these aspects of your professional profile in each section.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The professional summary section of your resume is your first chance to make a positive impression. Make sure this statement explains why you are a great candidate for a college or university.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Be precise about your accomplishments to make your resume stand out among the competition for a college or university position. Use relevant keywords and metrics to make a positive impression.
College and University Resume Templates
Improve your chances of getting hired at a college or university by studying resumes from similar real-world jobseekers. Our collection of college and university resume templates can help you make your document more competitive. You can also create a strong resume with the step-by-step resume builder from My Perfect Resume.
- College And University Example 1
Katelynn Petit EducationSocastee High School – 2016 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States High School, General Honor Roll, taking mostly honors classes, and an applicant for early graduation. GPA: 3.850 Class Rank: 92/327 (28% of... more 2
- College And University Example 2
Brandon Chong EducationUniversity of Washington – September 2014 – Present Tacoma, WA, United States Computer Science/Information Technology, In progress I first transferred to the University of Washington’s Tacoma campus t... more 3
- College And University Example 3
School Guidance and Career Counselor (July, 2012 – April, 2013)Alpine County of Education, Markleeville, CA, USA Implemented a school counseling program supporting all students in their educational, career, personal, and social ... more 4
- College And University Example 4
Sierra Deal Objective My objective is to be accepted to a college and major in Nursing and Healthcare. EducationSocastee High School – 2016 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States General , Basic Top twelve percent of my class an... more 5
- College And University Example 5
xley bben Objective «To get into 4 year college and get A Master’s Degree for Chemistry, Biology, Earth and Marine Sciences, Astronomy, and Physics. Also earn a CDA degree, A Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or to become an ... more 6
- College And University Example 6
med el-sayed xdah Education (3.109/4.0), Civil Engineering German University In Cairo , 2016, Cairo, New Cairo (Egypt) GPA is (3.109/4.0) on the American Scale and (1.89/5.0) on the German Scale. Languages Arabic, Native English, Fluent ... more 7
- College And University Example 7
GED Teacher, 9/2000 – Present Danbury Board of Education, Danbury, CT, United States Planned course content and methodology. Selected the teaching material from examples of real life examples to audiovisual equipment to help stude... more 8
- College And University Example 8
Elvis Gomez EducationWilbur Wright College – 2013 Chicago, IL, 60171 General Education, Physical Therapist Occupation General Education Courses consisting of Computer Information Skills, English, Math and Psychology.Triton College ... more 9
- College And University Example 9
epa xier Objective Dedicated and motivated MSc graduate seeking teaching staff position at a distinguished School or College. Hoping to establish a healthy learning environment with the students and to motivate them to pursue quality education... more 10
- College And University Example 10
Senior Class President – Rabun County High School August 22, 2014 – May 29, 2015 // Tiger (30576) Learned delegation, timeliness, and other leadership skillsEducationSome College – Civil Engineering (Spring 2021... more