Continuing education specialists support non-traditional students and professionals seeking to maintain current credentials in their fields. For jobseekers who want to broaden the scope of educational outreach at a college or university, a position in continuing education could be the right choice.
The best way to indicate your qualifications to work in this area is to submit a complete continuing education resume. Sum up your experience, list applicable skills, and present your education in ways that make a strong case for your ability to assist others. We provide writing guidelines and access to continuing education resume templates by real jobseekers.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Continuing Education Experience
Employers want to see that you have the background and credentials necessary to excel in the continuing education field. Past positions may be less important than the keywords you use to describe your experience. Include strong action words and language from the job description. Look over these sample job responsibilities and the experience sections in our continuing education resume templates.
• Work with adult learners and nontraditional students to achieve academic, personal, and professional development goals
• Explain prerequisites for college and university courses and identify equivalencies to save time and money
• Act as an academic and professional counselor, guiding students toward suitable majors based on skill sets
• Maintain accurate and confidential student records in compliance with FERPA and state and federal regulations
• Host individual and group sessions to connect with continuing education students and inform them of institutional resources
Continuing Education Resume Tips
It is a good idea to customize your summary statement, list of skills, and work history descriptions for each position you seek. Make the most of each resume section with specific descriptions of your accomplishments. Strengthen your document by referring to our continuing education resume templates and following these tips.
1. Personalize Your Continuing Education Resume: Write your resume to suit the requirements for the continuing education position you want and your personal strengths. Look for ways to make your document stand out among other applications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is one of the first sections potential employers see. Make the most of this statement by bringing up your best qualifications in several short phrases.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Look for ways to increase the specificity of your resume without adding unnecessary length. Describe precise projects, reference metrics, and draw attention to relevant responsibilities in your work history section.
Continuing Education Resume Templates
We provide many resources to help jobseekers. You may want to browse our collection of continuing education resume templates by real candidates. These examples are helpful whether you decide to write and format your own document or use the resume builder from our partners at My Perfect Resume.
- Continuing Education Example 1
lly vennet EducationMoline High School, 2009 Moline, IL, USA Teacher Education, High School Diploma Graduated wanting to continue education in becoming an Elementary School teacher.Indian Hills Community College, N/A Ottumwa, IA, US... more 2
- Continuing Education Example 2
Related to FutureMusicians Team – ( March 2013 – Present Day) Solid Rock Ministries , Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (United States) Play Trumpet, Piano, Auxiliary Percussion, Percussion, and VocalsDiscipleship – ... more 3
- Continuing Education Example 3
joy xley Education N/A, N/A SouthEast, 2015, Seattle, Washington (USA) I’m a Junior in High School. I go to an alternative/public school. I do online classes most of the time here at my school. My school helps me to motivate myself to ... more 4
- Continuing Education Example 4
alynn xler Education Corydon Central High School, 2017, CorydonIN, United States Academic Honors Diploma, Associates Degree Pursuing and Academic Honors Degree and an Associates Degree through IvyTech and IUS.Work history Cashier (N... more 5
- Continuing Education Example 5
Jackson Avera EducationStephen F. Austin State University – 2017 Nacogdoches, Texas, United States History, Student Incoming sophomore at SFASU. I am a history major with a minor in secondary education.Work historyTeam Member ... more 6
- Continuing Education Example 6
Carolee Denna Para Educator Para Educator, assisting grades K-5, 2 years BSP Para educator, Assisting behavior, and special education students, 1 year Behvioral Special Education Para EducatorBSP Para Educator – ( 10/2016 – 11/20... more 7
- Continuing Education Example 7
8th grade teacher – ( August 1990 – March 1998) Janesville School District, Janesville, WI (USA) Prepared lessons for and taught mathematics, biological science, American history, and English. Prepared lessons for Learning... more 8
- Continuing Education Example 8
Sr. Secretary/Special Education – ( 1/1/2004 – Current) Grossmont Union High School District, La Mesa, California Organized Assistant Director’s calendars, meetings, and events. Provided administrative support for th... more 9
- Continuing Education Example 9
Rahil Patel Education F.D Higher Secondry School, 2012, AhmedabadGujarat, India Science with Maths, 10+2 School I have completed my 12th science with 68.8 overall percentage and 73% PCM in year 2012Additional information Our team (Team AG... more 10
- Continuing Education Example 10
Cody Kaufman EducationFlagler Palm Coast High School – 2017 Flagler Beach, Florida, United States N/A, N/A High school student entering Junior year. Enrolled in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program.Objective Dedicated high... more