Continuing education specialists support non-traditional students and professionals seeking to maintain current credentials in their fields. For jobseekers who want to broaden the scope of educational outreach at a college or university, a position in continuing education could be the right choice.
The best way to indicate your qualifications to work in this area is to submit a complete continuing education resume. Sum up your experience, list applicable skills, and present your education in ways that make a strong case for your ability to assist others. We provide writing guidelines and access to continuing education resume templates by real jobseekers.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Continuing Education Experience
Employers want to see that you have the background and credentials necessary to excel in the continuing education field. Past positions may be less important than the keywords you use to describe your experience. Include strong action words and language from the job description. Look over these sample job responsibilities and the experience sections in our continuing education resume templates.
• Work with adult learners and nontraditional students to achieve academic, personal, and professional development goals
• Explain prerequisites for college and university courses and identify equivalencies to save time and money
• Act as an academic and professional counselor, guiding students toward suitable majors based on skill sets
• Maintain accurate and confidential student records in compliance with FERPA and state and federal regulations
• Host individual and group sessions to connect with continuing education students and inform them of institutional resources
Continuing Education Resume Tips
It is a good idea to customize your summary statement, list of skills, and work history descriptions for each position you seek. Make the most of each resume section with specific descriptions of your accomplishments. Strengthen your document by referring to our continuing education resume templates and following these tips.
1. Personalize Your Continuing Education Resume: Write your resume to suit the requirements for the continuing education position you want and your personal strengths. Look for ways to make your document stand out among other applications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is one of the first sections potential employers see. Make the most of this statement by bringing up your best qualifications in several short phrases.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Look for ways to increase the specificity of your resume without adding unnecessary length. Describe precise projects, reference metrics, and draw attention to relevant responsibilities in your work history section.
Continuing Education Resume Templates
We provide many resources to help jobseekers. You may want to browse our collection of continuing education resume templates by real candidates. These examples are helpful whether you decide to write and format your own document or use the resume builder from our partners at My Perfect Resume.
- Continuing Education Example 31
Grant Wishard EducationGrove City College – 2017 Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States English, Bachelors Bachelor’s degree in English.Work historyAssistant – ( September 2009 – June 2013) National League ... more 32
- Continuing Education Example 32
Floor Supervisor – ( 1993 – 1997) Mackie Designs, Woodinville, WA (United States) Supervised quality of product and took specific actions to amend detected product fails. Supervised work, maintenance and security tasks prov... more 33
- Continuing Education Example 33
xa-john nd Education 9th, Doctor RedLakeHighSchool, 2019, Redlake, MN (Beltrami) Undergraduate degree in Fashion Design Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design Bachelor’s Degree in Illustration Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design C... more 34
- Continuing Education Example 34
Katie Rodriguez EducationJackson County HIgh School – 2010 Jefferson , Ga, United States High School, Graduated Varsity sports all four years played Basketball, Soccer, Track, Cross County, and JROTC. Captain of the Soccer and Bask... more 35
- Continuing Education Example 35
Vladlena Khazova Personal information Date of birth: 18/05/2000 Sex: female Nationality: Russian Marital status: single Education Municipal Budget Educational Institution “Secondary School #5 named after E.A. Poromonov”, Cherepovets,... more 36
- Continuing Education Example 36
purvi Shrivastava Personal information I was a student of CBSE board India.Have passed 10 and 10+2 with appreciable results. Have been an interactive person.Have worked for an organisation in our college called zaroorat which helps poor and illite... more 37
- Continuing Education Example 37
Office Automation Clerk – ( June 2013 – November 2013) Small Business Administration, Herndon, Virginia (USA) ??Maintain a computerized record system and update records as 7(a) loan files are received from loan servicing ce... more 38
- Continuing Education Example 38
xanna iams Education N/A, General Studies Harford Community College, 2015, Bel Air, MD (United States of America) Basic Common Core classes has been taken. Looking for work to continue work and studies in college career courses. High Sch... more 39
- Continuing Education Example 39
nurse (2009 – 2010)Daycare, brooklyn, New York, United States responsible and organized individual with positive attitude. strong will to succeed and perform a job with excellenceSheepSheadbay high school sheepsheadbay, 2012... more 40
- Continuing Education Example 40
michael angelo andaya EducationPAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MUNTINLUPA – NOT YET DONE MUNTINLUPA, LIBON, ALBAY, Philippines 2, BACHELOR OF ELEMENTARY EDUCATION MAJOR IN GENERAL EDUCATION The majority are based in higher or further educat... more