Teaching English as a second language requires great interpersonal and organizational skills. You need an outstanding resume to convey those strengths to prospective employers. Our English as a second language resume templates provide examples of how your experience has forged a skill set that is both socially engaging and practical to help your students make their language acquisition easier.
Build the basic document with the resume builder and put the finishing touches on it with our tips from real-world professionals. In no time at all, you'll have a great resume to help you get the job you want.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your English as a Second Language Experience
Every ESL teacher job description indicates the language choice that conveys the applicant's ability to create meaning and make connections. Notice the use of action words in the English as a second language resume templates to show how your experience in the field matches the job description the employer posted:
• Work closely with a team of teachers for professional development and brainstorming new curriculum ideas
• Utilize creative tactics to make curriculum come alive in lesson plans, activities, student assignments, and tests
• Teach hours as assigned and arrange for a substitute instructor when unable to do so
• Interact with students, answering questions and expanding on material to increase understanding of concepts discussed in class
• Complete administrative paperwork to maintain compliance with standards set forth by government as well as the school
English as a Second Language Resume Tips
The collection of English as a second language resume templates provide great examples of what a job-winning resume looks like. Check your draft against the following tips to ensure that you do everything you can to improve your chances of getting an interview.
1. Personalize Your English as a Second Language Resume: There may be common jargon in the field of ESL. The resume you submit for each job, however, should include the keywords in that particular job description to show how well you match the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Recruiters tend to take about six seconds to look at a resume before moving on to the next one in the pile. A strong summary statement makes a memorable impression so that your document stands out.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: When writing your experience section, focus on your action, accomplishments, and assets. Use dynamic language to describe specific milestones you've reached and tell stories about impactful events in your experience.
English as a Second Language Resume Templates
Let our English as a second language resume templates inspire your resume. These real-world examples are great guides for jobseekers.
My Perfect Resume can help you build your document efficiently. By using our tools and tips, you can have a professional, well-edited document that will wow recruiters.
- English As A Second Language Example 1
xina xelyuk LanguagesEnglish, Advanced (C1): near native / fluentItalian, Upper Intermediate : excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written ItalianRussian, Native: native speakerEducationBachelor – Lingui... more 2
- English As A Second Language Example 2
line xaso Education High School Diploma, University Undergraduate Marigondon National High School, School Year 2008-2012, Marigondon, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu (Philippines) I graduated High School last 2011 and applied as a part-timer in the c... more 3
- English As A Second Language Example 3
English Class – home based 2016-current – current // Fussa (Japan) Taught English, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized other activities to enhance the educational program such as trips, visit... more 4
- English As A Second Language Example 4
uisa xina Education Holtville High School, 2014, HoltvilleCA, USA High School Student, High School Diploma I am currently a student at Holtville High School. I am taking AP English. I have been in the honors English programs since I was... more 5
- English As A Second Language Example 5
sales assistant , 2007 – 2008 VIKK-KATTY MATYAS Co. Ltd, Wine cellars of Rekas, Tg. Secuiesc, Covasna (Romania) Sold wine, served clients Sold office supplies Substitute teacher, kindergarten teacher, 2008 – 2009 “Na... more 6
- English As A Second Language Example 6
Ghadir Almehileb Objective I am a dedicated person who wants to use her skills and education to help students achieve fluency in English language using both traditional and modern approaches in teaching English as a Second language. Summary I H... more 7
- English As A Second Language Example 7
Private Tutor – ( 08/2015 – 11/2015) Ted Cheng, Dongguang, Guangdong (China) Tutored children between the ages of 6-13 in English and math. Adjusted course content and difficulty to different ages and interests of students.... more 8
- English As A Second Language Example 8
English Teacher – Private teaching 2015-02-01 – 2016-08-31 // Xi’an (China) I have good expertise of reading, writing and speaking English. I have done private teaching to school kids.Chinese Teacher – Priva... more 9
- English As A Second Language Example 9
EFL Teacher – ( July 2010 – October 2012) OES Foreign Language School, Anseong, Gyeonggi-do (South Korea) Taught English, presented lectures, arranged specialized classes, participated and organized other activities to enha... more 10
- English As A Second Language Example 10
Fiona Mitchell Personal information I am a hard working, honest, dedicated and friendly individual. I am quick to learn new techniques and use my experience to excel at any task undertaken. I thrive when working under pressure and responding to ... more