Before you sit down to write a resume that leads to a job offer, consider what skills and abilities you should showcase. Middle school teachers need to be able to communicate effectively and explain difficult concepts in easy-to-understand ways. You need to demonstrate this information and other relevant abilities so the hiring manager sees you would be of value to the school.
One way to get inspiration is to look at high-quality examples, such as the following middle school resume templates. You can see the type of things to include, how to organize the information, and how to word the experience section.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Middle School Experience
The work experience section is important because it demonstrates how you achieve results on a regular basis. The key is to make your experience sound interesting. Use action verbs and phrases from the job description. Look at the middle school resume templates and following examples to see how to do this:
• Create inspiring lesson plans to instruct students about specific topics and subjects; prepare for standardized tests
• Assess students to evaluate their individual strengths, abilities, and weaknesses; grade assignments and exams fairly
• Develop and maintain open communication with students and parents about goals, academic progress, and challenges
• Provide individual instruction for struggling students; recommend tutoring opportunities and prepare additional resources if necessary
• Identify students who are at risk academically and initiate early intervention strategies to keep them on track
Middle School Resume Tips
Organizing your resume is fairly easy. However, it is the information you include and the language you use that sets you apart from the rest of the competition. You can see how to write effectively by looking at our middle school resume templates. These tips will also help strengthen your resume:
1. Personalize Your Middle School Resume: Use the job description to your advantage. You can personalize your resume for each position you apply for by mirroring phrases and language from the ad. This proves your eligibility to the employer.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The summary statement should demonstrate right away to the hiring manager that you are a good fit for the position. Include highly relevant skills, personality traits, and overall work experience.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: The more specific you can be in the work history section, the better. You should paint a picture of how you achieve results by using strong verbs, numbers, and specific outcomes.
Middle School Resume Templates
Be resourceful by looking over our collection of middle school resume templates. These real-life examples can motivate and give you ideas. It also helps to use a resume builder, such as the one you can find at My Perfect Resume. It will help you every step of the way.
- Middle School Example 1
Richgrove School, Richgrove, CA July 1999 – Current : Special Education Teacher Evaluated student progress through periodical tests. Adjusted course content and difficulty to different ages and interests of students. Worked with adu... more 2
- Middle School Example 2
Teacher – ( August 2011 – present) Aberdeen School District, Aberdeen , MS (USA) Evaluated student progress through periodical tests. Adjusted course content and difficulty to different ages and interests of students. Kept... more 3
- Middle School Example 3
Teacher – ( 08/01/2000 – present) North Thurston Public School District, Lacey, WA Worked collaboratively in a professional learning community with other educators to address the needs of students, developing and implement... more 4
- Middle School Example 4
Gear Up tutor (8/2004 – 5/2005 ) Mercedes ISD, MERCEDES, Texas, United States Created worksheets for students in the areas of math and science to take home and was present in classrooms to help students with one on one tutoring, ... more 5
- Middle School Example 5
Sunday School Teen Helper (5/1/2012 – 6/19/2015)Millersville Community United Methodist Church, Millersville, PA, United States Worked with kids aged 3-8 as a helping hand. Assisted the teacher in handing out crafts/snack, playi... more 6
- Middle School Example 6
working special needs students Energetic and organized Education University of North Florida, 2014, JacksonvilleFlorida Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts Coursework in Education Administration Minor in Photography Numerous leaders... more 7
- Middle School Example 7
Math Teacher – ( August 2015 – Present) Uncommon Schools, Brooklyn, NY 5th Grade MathTutor – ( June 2014 – Present) Bespoke Education, New York, NY Test Prep Tutor Grades 5-12Science Teacher – ... more 8
- Middle School Example 8
xole xgan Education Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Sciences, Social Studies University of Maine, 2010, Orono, Maine (United States) Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education with an Emphasis in Social Studies Bachelor of Arts in History ... more 9
- Middle School Example 9
Primary Teacher (Apr 96 – Oct 99)Merry Gold School, Ambala Cantt, Haryana, India Taught English, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized other activities to enhance the educational program such as trip... more 10
- Middle School Example 10
Senior Leader – ( 08/10/14 – 08/15/14) Camp Hickory Hill, Varysburg, New York (USA) Took care of and organized activities for girls ages 8 to 11Private Instructor – ( 2012 – 2014) Self-Employed, Eden, New ... more