A well-written and appealing principal and director resume will convey your ability to do the job efficiently and effectively. Hiring managers have countless resumes to wade through, so you have only a short amount of time to make a good first impression. Many hiring managers do not have time to read all the resumes they receive, and only candidates with the most attractive resumes will receive interview offers.
This may sound unnerving, but by referencing our principal and director resume templates, you can learn how to write a real-world resume. Our templates will show you what human resources hiring managers expect.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Principal and Director Experience
Principals and directors oversee the day-to-day operations of public and private schools. When writing a resume for such a role, you must showcase your ability to excel in an administrative position using active and attention-grabbing language. Our real-world principal and director resume templates can show you how to achieve this.
• Manage school budget, and ensure teachers and students have adequate teaching and learning supplies and resources
• Plan and oversee school functions, events, and activities for students, teachers, parents, and other administrative staff
• Meet with parents and guardians to discuss the emotional, behavioral, and intellectual development of certain students
• Help teachers prepare for standardized tests, and ensure students are properly preparing for testing throughout the year
• Organize and direct regular staff meetings and workshops discussing important school-related issues and department goals
Principal and Director Resume Tips
Our principal and director resume templates
can provide you with a solid writing foundation and show you what an effective and eye-catching resume should look like. However, you can also greatly improve the quality of your resume and capture the attention of any hiring manager using these simple tips:
1. Personalize Your Principal and Director Resume: To craft a strong and compelling resume, you must personalize your resume to reflect your own talents and abilities. Incorporate important keywords from the job posting into each section of your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Instead of an objective, try writing a summary detailing your professional qualifications and background. Most hiring managers will see the summary section first, so be sure it is concise and informative.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Hiring managers will enjoy reading personal stories that demonstrate your ability to succeed in a particular role. They do not want to hire someone who is not a good fit for the job, so you must to show them you are the candidate they need.
Principal and Director Resume Templates
Would you like to browse a diverse collection of real-world principal and director resume templates written by actual professionals? You can also take advantage of an award-winning resume builder if you need additional assistance. Try out a user-friendly resume builder when you are ready to write the perfect resume.
- Principal And Director Example 1
Astt.teacher cum principal – ( 08/07/1999 – TILL DATE) GOVERNMENT OF UTTARAKHAND , NAINITAL, UTTARAKHAND (INDIA) WORKING AS A GOVERNMENT SECONDARY SCHOOL PROFESSIONAL WITH SEVEN YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A PRINCIPAL/INSTITUTE HE... more 2
- Principal And Director Example 2
Special Education Teacher, August 1997 – Current Bastrop ISD, Bastrop, TX, United States Coached Varsity Basketball, Volleyball and Track Planned course content and methodology. Prepared drafts of material to be covered and proposa... more 3
- Principal And Director Example 3
Senior Directing Staff and Consultant (1994 – 2013)Govt of India, India, India Planned course content and methodology handling over 450 trainees annually leading a team of 20 instructors. Taught Aviation Engg and Aircraft Syste... more 4
- Principal And Director Example 4
Mathematics Teacher (August 1995 – Current)Water Valley ISD, Water Valley, Texas, USA Taught Junior High Math at Water Valley for 19 years. Taught High School Math at Water Valley for 20+ years. Dean of Students for three years.... more 5
- Principal And Director Example 5
Director, May 2012 – Present READY! for Kindergarton, Bristol, NH Direct the implementation of READY! for Kindergarten in the Newfound Area School District. This includes grant writing and reporting; budget development; inventory ... more 6
- Principal And Director Example 6
CEO/Superintendent (August 1998 – June 2014)ABA-An IB World School, Muscat, Al Khuwair, Oman Responsible to the ABA Board of Directors for the execution of board policies, efficient observance of administration regulations by al... more 7
- Principal And Director Example 7
Scott Rodeheffer EducationWright State University – 2014 Dayton, Ohio, USA Educational Leadership, Educational Specialist SuperintendentWright State University – 2001 Dayton, Ohio, USA Educational Leadership, Masters of Sc... more 8
- Principal And Director Example 8
Head of Upper School – ( November 2012 – Present) The Pine School, Hobe Sound, FL (USA) Supervise and evaluate all members of upper school faculty and staff Oversee development of master schedule Serve on admission committe... more 9
- Principal And Director Example 9
Second and thrid grade teacher, August 2008 – August 2014 Bay Colony Elementary, Dickinson, Texas Planned course content and methodology. Prepared drafts of material to be covered and proposals for approval. Evaluated student progr... more 10
- Principal And Director Example 10
Curriculum Writer (June 2011 – July 2013)Rice University Digital Education, Houston, Texas, United States To develop, implement, and facilitate a curriculum that is designed and created to provide teachers with a comprehensive s... more