A well-written and appealing principal and director resume will convey your ability to do the job efficiently and effectively. Hiring managers have countless resumes to wade through, so you have only a short amount of time to make a good first impression. Many hiring managers do not have time to read all the resumes they receive, and only candidates with the most attractive resumes will receive interview offers.
This may sound unnerving, but by referencing our principal and director resume templates, you can learn how to write a real-world resume. Our templates will show you what human resources hiring managers expect.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Principal and Director Experience
Principals and directors oversee the day-to-day operations of public and private schools. When writing a resume for such a role, you must showcase your ability to excel in an administrative position using active and attention-grabbing language. Our real-world principal and director resume templates can show you how to achieve this.
• Manage school budget, and ensure teachers and students have adequate teaching and learning supplies and resources
• Plan and oversee school functions, events, and activities for students, teachers, parents, and other administrative staff
• Meet with parents and guardians to discuss the emotional, behavioral, and intellectual development of certain students
• Help teachers prepare for standardized tests, and ensure students are properly preparing for testing throughout the year
• Organize and direct regular staff meetings and workshops discussing important school-related issues and department goals
Principal and Director Resume Tips
Our principal and director resume templates
can provide you with a solid writing foundation and show you what an effective and eye-catching resume should look like. However, you can also greatly improve the quality of your resume and capture the attention of any hiring manager using these simple tips:
1. Personalize Your Principal and Director Resume: To craft a strong and compelling resume, you must personalize your resume to reflect your own talents and abilities. Incorporate important keywords from the job posting into each section of your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Instead of an objective, try writing a summary detailing your professional qualifications and background. Most hiring managers will see the summary section first, so be sure it is concise and informative.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Hiring managers will enjoy reading personal stories that demonstrate your ability to succeed in a particular role. They do not want to hire someone who is not a good fit for the job, so you must to show them you are the candidate they need.
Principal and Director Resume Templates
Would you like to browse a diverse collection of real-world principal and director resume templates written by actual professionals? You can also take advantage of an award-winning resume builder if you need additional assistance. Try out a user-friendly resume builder when you are ready to write the perfect resume.
- Principal And Director Example 11
English I and II Teacher, Professional Communications Teacher – Eagle Pass ISD – (08/2003/Present) Eagle Pass, Texas, USA Taught English I and II classes from 08/03-05/10. I am teaching Professional Communication classes fr... more 12
- Principal And Director Example 12
Fords Chapel UMC Mothers Day Out, Harvest, Alabama August 2005 – Present : Teacher Taught children using different resources to explore and manipulate, through games and imaginative activities. Communicated to children simple object... more 13
- Principal And Director Example 13
7th Grade History Teacher (September 2004 – Present)Hartland Consolidated Schools, Hartland, Michigan, USA Development of meaningful and creative lessons and units of study Collaboration with department and team members Allignme... more 14
- Principal And Director Example 14
Principal (June 2004 – Current) Cumberland Heights Elementary School, Clarksville, Tennessee PreK-5 Elementary School Principal Assistant Principal (June 1999 – May 2004) Woodlawn Elementary School, Woodlawn, Tennessee K-... more 15
- Principal And Director Example 15
ESL Instructor, July 2014 – Present YMCA / New Americans Welcome Center, Staten Island, NY, USA Created daily lesson plans for multi-leveled adult ESL classes. Taught lessons encompassing a range of skills-building activities for ... more 16
- Principal And Director Example 16
– (/) , ()Education Curriculum and Instruction Instructional Leadership – MS Education Emporia State University, 2011, Emporia, KS (USA) This degree is in the area of Curriculum and Instruction for K-12.Building ... more 17
- Principal And Director Example 17
Teacher, 4th Grade – ( 08/2004 – 08/2010) Kennedy Elementary, Newark Unified School District, Newark , CA (USA) Taught English, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized other activities to enhance ... more 18
- Principal And Director Example 18
Teacher (2001 – 2002) Perry Co. Board of Education, Buckhorn, KY, USA I was an EBD teacher at the Buckhorn Children’s Home for one year. Teacher (2002 – 2003) Breathitt Co. Schools, Jackson, KY, USA I taught Special... more 19
- Principal And Director Example 19
Assistant Manager – ( 05/2012 – Present) AccuTax Xpress, Williamsport, PA (USA) Developed actions to improve the brand image. Established different strategies such as advertising, public relations, sales promotions, special... more 20
- Principal And Director Example 20
Director of Athletics – ( July 2005 – Present) Warwick School District, Lititz, PA (USA) Manage 23 Varsity Athletic programs while guiding and directing 82 paid coaches and numerous volunteer coaches. Conduct pre-season tr... more