As a school counselor, you know how to guide students to help them find success in their academic careers. What do you do, however, when you need assistance in finding success in your own professional career? How do you enter a new job hunt with confidence instead of stress and confusion?
The answer is simple: Turn to our many school counseling resume templates and additional writing tips. They can help you write and organize a resume that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of a new job efficiently. Use these tools to increase your likelihood of securing interviews and job offers.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your School Counseling Experience
Do not downplay your prior experience with weak explanations. Instead, make a strong statement by constructing a work experience section similar to the one in this relevant resume sample. Using action verbs, language from the job listing, and the examples set before you in our school counseling resume templates, construct strong work experience bullet points that look similar to these descriptions:
• Meet with students to discuss academic progress as well as education and career goals and plans
• Assist students with scheduling, course selection, and study plans to help them succeed in academic endeavors
• Collaborate with teachers, other school staff, and parents or guardians to find solutions to individual students' behavioral problems
• Provide support and grief counseling in response to crisis situations that affect individuals or entire student body
• Design and implement educational programs related to the prevention of drug and alcohol use and bullying
School Counseling Resume Tips
Our school counseling resume templates can show you what to include and exclude in your resume so it presents your candidacy for an open position in the best way possible. Do you want to increase your chances of standing out from other applicants even more? Follow these few simple steps:
1. Personalize Your School Counseling Resume: Do not give hiring managers a generic resume. Use language that reflects the culture of the specific school to which you apply. Include in your text keywords and phrases from the job posting.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Often the first section employers review, your summary statement needs to make a powerful first impression. Write about three sentences detailing your top proficiencies, personality traits, special achievements, and experience.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: Enhance your document by providing detailed examples of how you used your skill sets to handle prior responsibilities and achieve success. Quantify these examples with numbers, percentages, and other metrics.
School Counseling Resume Templates
View our collection of school counseling resume templates to see real-world examples from actual professionals in your field. If, after browsing through our templates, you decide you need additional assistance, turn to this professional resume builder. It will guide and instruct you through every step of your writing process.
- School Counselling Example 1
Resident Advisor – ( Sept 1982 – Jan 1986) New York School for the Deaf, White Plains , New York ¢ Provided individual and group counseling to hearing impaired students in a residential setting. ¢ Assisted in progra... more 2
- School Counselling Example 2
Student Services Coordinator – ( August 2010 – July 2014) Picayune Memorial High School, Picayune, MS Implemented positive incentive programs into the school. Coordinated all student and school events. Organized communit... more 3
- School Counselling Example 3
/Private Practice Experience 5 yearsExperienceCounselor, 08/2012 – Current Wichita Public School-USD 259, Wichita, Kansas, United States Serve as only counselor for 400-700 students in Title One/poverty schools. Assist with high... more 4
- School Counselling Example 4
Bilingual Attendance Verifier (August 2013 – Present)Youth Services, San Bernardino, California Duties include but are not limited to: Working with fifteen schools, ranging from elementary to high school, in assisting families w... more 5
- School Counselling Example 5
-Volunteer with the Police Athletic League in Lordsburg, New Mexico, a local community restorative justice program provided to the community youth in order to participate in various athletic programs. -Coached Lordsburg High School chee... more 6
- School Counselling Example 6
Heidelberg High School, July 2012 – Present East Jasper School District, Heidelberg, Mississippi, United States Kept attendance records. Provided classes for academic credit in cooperation with universities. Designed and provided g... more 7
- School Counselling Example 7
Youth Hockey Referee – ( October 2003 – Present) USA Hockey, Fargo, North Dakota (United States) Provide fair and safe environment for kids to play hockey Boys and Girls ages 10-16Edgewood Golf Shop Staff – ( Apri... more 8
- School Counselling Example 8
Spanish Teacher – ( 2012 – Present) Millsap High School, Millsap, Texas Teach Spanish I, II, III, IV Student Council Sponsor Class Sponsor Spanish Club SponsorCounselor – ( 2004 – 2012) Ranger Middle/ High... more 9
- School Counselling Example 9
Director of Student Services (July, 2005 – Present)Harrison School for the Arts, Lakeland, FL, USA Plans and implements all aspects of the school counseling program including the psycho/social, academic, college and career needs... more 10
- School Counselling Example 10
Director of Operations, July 2014 – January 2015 Wellness Solutions, Plano, TX Managed and directed all practice operations and marketing efforts. Trained staff and evaluated performance and results. Designed, organized and manage... more