As a school counselor, you know how to guide students to help them find success in their academic careers. What do you do, however, when you need assistance in finding success in your own professional career? How do you enter a new job hunt with confidence instead of stress and confusion?
The answer is simple: Turn to our many school counseling resume templates and additional writing tips. They can help you write and organize a resume that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of a new job efficiently. Use these tools to increase your likelihood of securing interviews and job offers.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your School Counseling Experience
Do not downplay your prior experience with weak explanations. Instead, make a strong statement by constructing a work experience section similar to the one in this relevant resume sample. Using action verbs, language from the job listing, and the examples set before you in our school counseling resume templates, construct strong work experience bullet points that look similar to these descriptions:
• Meet with students to discuss academic progress as well as education and career goals and plans
• Assist students with scheduling, course selection, and study plans to help them succeed in academic endeavors
• Collaborate with teachers, other school staff, and parents or guardians to find solutions to individual students' behavioral problems
• Provide support and grief counseling in response to crisis situations that affect individuals or entire student body
• Design and implement educational programs related to the prevention of drug and alcohol use and bullying
School Counseling Resume Tips
Our school counseling resume templates can show you what to include and exclude in your resume so it presents your candidacy for an open position in the best way possible. Do you want to increase your chances of standing out from other applicants even more? Follow these few simple steps:
1. Personalize Your School Counseling Resume: Do not give hiring managers a generic resume. Use language that reflects the culture of the specific school to which you apply. Include in your text keywords and phrases from the job posting.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Often the first section employers review, your summary statement needs to make a powerful first impression. Write about three sentences detailing your top proficiencies, personality traits, special achievements, and experience.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: Enhance your document by providing detailed examples of how you used your skill sets to handle prior responsibilities and achieve success. Quantify these examples with numbers, percentages, and other metrics.
School Counseling Resume Templates
View our collection of school counseling resume templates to see real-world examples from actual professionals in your field. If, after browsing through our templates, you decide you need additional assistance, turn to this professional resume builder. It will guide and instruct you through every step of your writing process.
- School Counselling Example 11
Clark County School District, Las Vegas, Nevada Aug 2013 – June 2014 : School Psychologist Intern Supported student with various disability from Kindergarten to 12th grade. Assessed students to determine eligibility for special educ... more 12
- School Counselling Example 12
School Counselor, August 2007 – Present Campbell County Middle School, Alexandria, Kentucky, USA Provided individual and group counseling to students and consultation to parents and staff, chaired special education Admissions and R... more 13
- School Counselling Example 13
Title One Instructional Paraprofessional – ( October 2003 – Present) Bemidji School District , Bemidji, Minnesota Administered AIMSWeb assessments for grades K-5. Analyzed data for differentiation of instruction. Assiste... more 14
- School Counselling Example 14
Corporate Student Advisor – Ashford University June 2014 – Present // San Diego () As a Corporate Student Advisor, I currently manage a case load of 350 – 400 active students utilizing corporate benefits for their edu... more 15
- School Counselling Example 15
Paraprofessional/Inclusion Teacher – ( August 2000 – Current) Andalusia CIty Schools, Andalusia, Alabama (AL) (United States) Planned course content and methodology. Evaluated student progress through periodical tests. Taug... more 16
- School Counselling Example 16
Teacher/Counselor – ( 8-1991 – Current) Parklane Academy, McComb, Mississippi (USA) Taught World History, American Government, Economics, Keyboarding, Coached Basketball, Guidance Counselor, Directed Musicals, Student Counc... more 17
- School Counselling Example 17
Assistant Director, November 2013 – present Oregon State University Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships, Corvallis, OR, United States As a member of the Management team I contribute to the policy development and program man... more 18
- School Counselling Example 18
Guidance Counselor – ( 8/2005 – 6/2006) Youngstown City Schools, Youngstown, OH Plan and maintain an effective comprehensive school wide counseling program. Create and administer classroom curriculum. Preventive and Respo... more 19
- School Counselling Example 19
jan ic Education Bachelors , Psychology University of Illinois, 2011, Chicago, Illinois (United States) Attended for 2 years None, General Education College of Lake County, 2009, Grayslake, Illinois (United States) Was on honor roll for t... more 20
- School Counselling Example 20
President/CEO – Teen General Assembly inc. (August 21, 2015/Present) Louisville, Kentucky (United States) Conducted actions to stimulate physical, mental and social development such as arts and crafts, games, storytelling and musi... more