If you want to avoid a seemingly endless job hunt for a new position in a secondary school, you need to prepare for your search by crafting a stellar resume. Similar to how you craft lesson plans to help students understand academic concepts, you need to construct a resume that helps hiring managers understand your ability to efficiently handle the responsibilities of a new role.
Learn how to use your document to get the job you want. Follow our tips and review our library of over 50 secondary school resume templates, submitted by real-world professionals like you, to begin the process.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Secondary School Experience
If you want hiring managers to consider you for an open job, you must wow them with work experience descriptions that incorporate action words and impressive language. With our secondary school resume templates, an in-depth guide to writing your work experience section, and the following examples, you can make each description in this important component of your resume impressive.
• Implement school-approved curriculum to teach secondary school students and prepare them for annual written and verbal assessments
• Develop assignments, quizzes, and tests based on curriculum, and provide grades in a timely manner
• Record and analyze each student's academic progress throughout the year, and give feedback and tutoring opportunities
• Tailor lesson plans according to the needs of every student to help each individual succeed academically
• Monitor students' behavior in classroom and hallways, and administer discipline in accordance with school policies
Secondary School Resume Tips
While our secondary school resume templates can give you ideas on how to write and organize your resume for your industry, it also helps to know a few clear steps you can take to ensure your document is ready to impress. As you write, adhere to the following three guidelines:
1. Personalize Your Secondary School Resume: Not every secondary school position is the same. For each job advertisement to which you respond, tweak your document so it aligns with that role's description. Use exact keywords from the job listing.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your professional summary communicates to employers why they should hire you. Include in this section your professional title, a few hard and soft skills, and one or two impressive accomplishments.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experience: Long-winded lists of skills and prior job responsibilities are not as effective as concise descriptions of particular experiences and achievements. Make each specific example more impressive with metrics and dynamic language.
Secondary School Resume Templates
You do not want to send employers an unimpressive resume, which is why it is important to allow one of our many real-world secondary school resume templates to guide you as you construct your document. Remember to check out this outstanding resume builder to simplify the writing and formatting process even more.
- Secondary School Example 1
Weekend Staff Writer (September 2024 – May 2027)Buzzfeed Inc., Los Angeles, California, United States Write timely posts based on the news and trending topics of the day Utilize a variety of formats, including lists and quizzes... more 2
- Secondary School Example 2
Teacher – ( 8/2004 – Present) Kahuku High and Intermediate, Kahuku, HI English/Language Arts teacher and reading specialist created curriculum and assessment aligned to standards and best researched practices, taught ELA a... more 3
- Secondary School Example 3
Nadasia Walker EducationCharlottesville High School – 2014 Charlottesville, VA, USA Four years (completed), Advanced Diploma 2010-2014Work historyCashier – ( June 2010 – July 2012) Anderson’s Carriage Food Hou... more 4
- Secondary School Example 4
Primary teacher, June 2014 – November 2015 Narayana group of institutions, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India Taught Science, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized other activities to enhance the educational pr... more 5
- Secondary School Example 5
Brian Kappes EducationWink-Loving ISD – 2011 Kermit, Texas, United States General Education, Diploma Participated in history UIL, science UIL, and CX debate.University of Texas of the Permian Basin – 2015 Odessa, Texas, Uni... more 6
- Secondary School Example 6
Speech Teacher (06-2011 – 07-2011)Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, Houston, TX I taught high school students Speech Communications during summer school. Implemented and created lesson plans. Utilized technology in lessons.Speech Teache... more 7
- Secondary School Example 7
en rã©e Education University of Gent, 2020, GentEast Flanders, Belgium History, Master Master of Arts in TeachingLanguages Dutch, 23 yearsDutch is my native language.French, secondary schoolI understand and speak French q... more 8
- Secondary School Example 8
Discipline master and teacher – ( september 2008 – september 2012) GBHS , bafoussam, west (cameroun) Taught English, presented lectures, arranged workshops, participated and organized other activities to enhance the educati... more 9
- Secondary School Example 9
th rski Education Gloucester County Institute of Technology, 2012, SewellNJ, United States Information Technology, High School Diploma Top 20% of Class in GPA SkillsUSA Competitor Cross Country Varsity Athlete DECA Competitor 4.0 Cumula... more 10
- Secondary School Example 10
andra xura Work historyEscapades Expert (Art and Entertainment Assistant), 2011 – Present Brandywine Senior Living, Englishtown, New Jersey, United States I am an “Escapades Expert” at Brandywine Senior Living, which was ... more