Careers in self-enrichment are growing up to 15% faster than average, according to O•NET. Self-enrichment jobs are primarily in the educational services industry and include positions such as swimming, dance, gymnastics, marital arts, fitness, and other non-academic subjects. With increasing competition for these positions, a strong resume is a necessity.
It may help to think of your job search as a self-enrichment activity where you learn about what employers want and how to present yourself as a qualified candidate for positions in the field. One way to do that is by studying our self-enrichment resume templates.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Self-Enrichment Experience
How you describe your experience is as important as what the experience is. For instance, you should use action words to focus on your skills and achievements, use the same language that appears in the job ad, and start sentences with strong verbs like "initiated," "supervised," and "facilitated." Our self-enrichment resume templates can help you emphasize the experiences that show your qualifications for the job.
• Design after-school fitness, dance, and gymnastics programs for elementary students
• Meet with parents to establish personalized goals for students, and maintain ongoing communications on child progress
• Cultivate positive interactions with students, instructors, and the public, including public relations activities related to recitals, competitions, and demonstrations
• Develop new instructional programs, and schedule classes and events
• Provide individual and group instruction to students of all ages
Self-Enrichment Resume Tips
The key to obtaining an interview for your desired position is having a strong resume. Our self-enrichment resume templates provide a solid base for creating a powerful resume for your job search. You can make your resume even stronger when you use these self-enrichment resume tips.
1. Personalize Your Self-Enrichment Resume:
Use resume templates as an outline to help you tailor your resume to the job you're applying for. Personalized resumes are more likely to get recruiter attention than cookie cutter ones that all sound alike.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement:
Recruiters spend around six seconds looking at each resume, and since your summary is the first thing they see, you want it to pack a punch. Include key words and phrases from the job posting, and clearly explain why you are the best choice for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences:
Whenever possible, use numbers and data to illustrate your accomplishments. Share successful projects and their outcomes to show potential employers what you have to offer. Remember to use examples and experiences that relate to the specific position you're applying for.