As a special education professional, you need a resume that shows you have the special skills, personality, and character required to succeed in this field. A strong resume illustrates these qualities in a clear, succinct, professional manner. Our special education resume templates provide a map for creating a resume focused on your job-specific abilities and experience.
Our templates, resume-builder, and tips from resume professionals can help you create a job-winning resume in no time. Instead of taking shots in the dark, use these tools to gain a focus on your job search.
Free Education And Training Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional education and training resumes.
How To Mention Your Special Education Experience
The experience section of your resume is more than just a list of job duties. It's an opportunity to showcase your successes and your accomplishments. Include key words and phrases from the position posting and use action verbs and power words when you describe past job duties that relate the current job for which you're applying. Our special education resume templates offer examples of how to do this effectively.
• Organize and oversee multiple teacher aides in a closed-classroom, co-teaching environment
• Produce differentiated, multi-sensory daily lesson plans for students with cognitive and behavioral challenges
• Implement academic, behavioral, and therapeutic services for students with a variety of special needs
• Manage and evaluate IEP's, including assessment, goal setting, implementation, and progress reporting
• Collaborate with administrators and parents to develop student centered instructional methods
Special Education Resume Tips
There are many ways to strengthen your resume, and our special education resume templates are a good place to begin. Creating a strong resume is easy when you use our templates as a guide and follow these tips:
1. Personalize Your Special Education Resume: While it may be tempting to create a "one-size-fits-all" resume, it's better to tailor your resume to fit the specific position you are applying for. Focus on skills and abilities that match the job requirements.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Hiring managers take about six seconds to scan a resume. As the first thing recruiters see, a strong summary statement is often the difference between a resume leading to an interview and a resume ending up in the trash.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: It isn't enough to tell potential employers what you did at a previous job, you must also provide specific examples. Specific experiences act as proof of your abilities, and including them in your resume often leads to interviews and job offers.
Special Education Resume Template
We invite you to take advantage of our full library of special education resume templates to help you get started. These are real-world examples used by real people in real job searches. You can also use our partner's resume builder to create your own personalized resume to make your job search more successful.
- Special Education Example 1
AG In the Classroom Program Director – ( January 2013 – present) PA Friends of Ag Foundation, Camp Hill , PA (USA) Responsible for a week long conference for educators which included classes and tours promoting agriculture ... more 2
- Special Education Example 2
Special Educator/Behavior Interventionist – ( 2014 – Current) Blue Mountain Union School, Wells River, Vermont (Orange) Provided academic support to students in grades 3-6 in language arts and math. Planned and implemented ... more 3
- Special Education Example 3
Special Education Aide (September 2007 – Present)Hartford Jt1 School District, Hartford, WI Special Education Aide in both regular and special education classrooms. Instructing children in small groups for reading using Reading... more 4
- Special Education Example 4
Carrizo Springs Consolidated ISD, Carrizo Springs, TX August 2009 – Present : Special Education Teacher Evaluated student progress through periodical tests. Adjusted course content and difficulty to different ages and interests of s... more 5
- Special Education Example 5
Jr. EXECUTIVE – ( 18-07-2011 – TILL TO DATE) Hospira Healthcare India PVT LTD, VISAKHAPATNAM, ANDHRA PRADESH (INDIA) Installed 2750VA diesel generators Installed and commissioned rubber stopper processor (atec) Installed an... more 6
- Special Education Example 6
stina aker Education Champlain Valley Union High School, 2010, HinesburgVermont, USA General, DiplomaLyndon State College, 2014, LyndonvilleVermont, USA Special Education, A.S. Special EducationInternships Paraeducator Pra... more 7
- Special Education Example 7
Life Skills Teacher – ( February 9, 2009 – Present) Cypress Woods High School, Cypress, Texas (United States) Work with Special Need students and teach them skills such as personal hygiene and social abilities, using divers... more 8
- Special Education Example 8
Behavior Interventionist – Trellis January 2017 – Current // Sparks () Plan targets from goals given from board certified behavior analysts for clients with autism, plan activities in order to hit targets in order for the ... more 9
- Special Education Example 9
Special Education Paraprofessional – ( April 2013 – Present) Brandon School District, Brandon , Michigan (USA) Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of the classroom t... more 10
- Special Education Example 10
Special Education Teacher – ( August 1982 – August 2013) Carson City School District, Carson City, Nevada (USA) Planned course content and methodology. Prepared drafts of material to be covered and proposals for approval. S... more