Any document you create as a biotech professional must withstand the scrutiny of your peers. The same is true of your resume. This professional document outlines the specifics of your abilities and professional qualities, backing each claim with solid proof in your work history and achievements.
Draw on strategic tips from collaborating professionals and our examples of real-world biotechnology resume templates. Use expert-driven resources as writing guides to put together a resume that leads to the interviews you want. We've included access to advice and articles that can help you craft a stunning document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Biotechnology Experience
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the demand for biotech professionals, such as techs and biochemists, will grow over the next several years. That's good news, but it also means you need a competitive resume that describes your experience in a compelling way. As in our biotechnology resume templates, use action words and specific phrases from the job listing.
• Maintain and update records for inventory using accurate identification, labeling, and placement of materials and supplies
• Calibrate lab equipment using approved procedures, monitor quality-control protocols, and oversee lab tech use of equipment
• Ensure consistent operation of equipment by troubleshooting breakdowns, overseeing preventative maintenance, and scheduling regular inspections
• Complete projects with lab team, attend group meetings, and update records for data evaluations and steps to project completion
• Comply with health and safety jobsite regulations by adhering to standards established by the FDA and CLIA
Biotechnology Resume Tips
The biotechnology resume templates provide a starting point for your own writing. Read through the examples to get a feel for what the organization and content of your document should look like. Then use the following tips to improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Biotechnology Resume: After crafting a solid document, tailor each copy of your resume to the job requirements and specific needs listed in job postings. Look through the job ad for words used frequently, and include those terms in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You may detail your qualifications further down on the page, but a brief summary statement at the top of your resume attracts the attention of hiring managers. This concise statement convinces recruiters to spend more time reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: As a scientific professional, you're no stranger to the value of solid numbers and specific, proven facts. Incorporate these in your resume to bring validity to descriptions of your accomplishments and abilities.