Any document you create as a biotech professional must withstand the scrutiny of your peers. The same is true of your resume. This professional document outlines the specifics of your abilities and professional qualities, backing each claim with solid proof in your work history and achievements.
Draw on strategic tips from collaborating professionals and our examples of real-world biotechnology resume templates. Use expert-driven resources as writing guides to put together a resume that leads to the interviews you want. We've included access to advice and articles that can help you craft a stunning document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Biotechnology Experience
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the demand for biotech professionals, such as techs and biochemists, will grow over the next several years. That's good news, but it also means you need a competitive resume that describes your experience in a compelling way. As in our biotechnology resume templates, use action words and specific phrases from the job listing.
• Maintain and update records for inventory using accurate identification, labeling, and placement of materials and supplies
• Calibrate lab equipment using approved procedures, monitor quality-control protocols, and oversee lab tech use of equipment
• Ensure consistent operation of equipment by troubleshooting breakdowns, overseeing preventative maintenance, and scheduling regular inspections
• Complete projects with lab team, attend group meetings, and update records for data evaluations and steps to project completion
• Comply with health and safety jobsite regulations by adhering to standards established by the FDA and CLIA
Biotechnology Resume Tips
The biotechnology resume templates provide a starting point for your own writing. Read through the examples to get a feel for what the organization and content of your document should look like. Then use the following tips to improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Biotechnology Resume: After crafting a solid document, tailor each copy of your resume to the job requirements and specific needs listed in job postings. Look through the job ad for words used frequently, and include those terms in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You may detail your qualifications further down on the page, but a brief summary statement at the top of your resume attracts the attention of hiring managers. This concise statement convinces recruiters to spend more time reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: As a scientific professional, you're no stranger to the value of solid numbers and specific, proven facts. Incorporate these in your resume to bring validity to descriptions of your accomplishments and abilities.
Biotechnology Resume Templates
We've gathered together real-world biotechnology resume templates uploaded by previous jobseekers. Use these documents as a guide for your own resume. Take your efforts even further with an award-winning resume builder from experts at My Perfect Resume. Write a professional document that satisfies peer reviews and leads to career opportunities.
- Biotechnology Example 1
himanshi sharma Educationgautam buddha university – persuing greater noida, uttar pradesh, India biotechnology, 5 year integrated M.tech (biotechnology) Lab work and techniques known- I have hands-on experience of the following techniq... more 2
- Biotechnology Example 2
Research Assistant – Cytogenetics – ( Aug 2010 – Aug 2015) University of VirginiaTech, Blacksburg, Virginia (United States) Prepared chromosome samples from mosquito tissues – ovaries, testis, salivary glands,... more 3
- Biotechnology Example 3
Ruler (19/23/04 – 19/24/04) Kings Co., city, state, Uraguy Created, redefined and tested airplanes and aerospace products. Directed experimental and operational stress tests on aircrafts prototypes, aerospace equipment and systems... more 4
- Biotechnology Example 4
Technical Associate, May’12 – Jan’13 Central Instt Of Temprate Horticulture(Indian Council of Agricultural Research), Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India Worked on In-vitro stigma and microcorms development and regenerat... more 5
- Biotechnology Example 5
rl john khan Work historySenior Support Specialist, July 2011 – Current Biocare Medical, Concord, CA, United States Main point of contact for supporting over 400 intelliPATH FLX systems (Biocare Medical’s automated IHC stainer)... more 6
- Biotechnology Example 6
Bio-Medical Engineer, September, 2012 – Till to Date Isra University Hospital, Hyderabad, Sindh, Pakistan Working as Bio-Medical Engineer in Bio-Medical Department holding responsibilities of: – Daily based routine rounds o... more 7
- Biotechnology Example 7
ello icci Work historyTrainee – European Space Agency – European Space Research and Technology Centre June 2016 – September 2016 // Noordwijk (Netherlands) ¢ Cultured salmon and seabream osteocytes ¢ Adjusted, m... more 8
- Biotechnology Example 8
Samuel Rosean EducationCU – Boulder – 2016/17 Boulder, Colorado, United States Engineering Physics/ Computer Science, Bachelors Currently enrolled in the Department of Engineering at BoulderInterests Interested in Medical/Bio... more 9
- Biotechnology Example 9
vin xeld Education East Carolina University, 2019, GreenvilleNorth Carolina, United States Engineering, Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Science in Medical TechnologyWork history Computer Technichian (August 25, 2014 – May 29, ... more 10
- Biotechnology Example 10
Ajesh Pillai EducationWharton County Community College – 2005-Transient Student Sugar Land, Texas, USA Core Credit, Biotechnology Acquired core credit toward biotechnology degree.Houston Community College – 2008 Houston Tex... more