Any document you create as a biotech professional must withstand the scrutiny of your peers. The same is true of your resume. This professional document outlines the specifics of your abilities and professional qualities, backing each claim with solid proof in your work history and achievements.
Draw on strategic tips from collaborating professionals and our examples of real-world biotechnology resume templates. Use expert-driven resources as writing guides to put together a resume that leads to the interviews you want. We've included access to advice and articles that can help you craft a stunning document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Biotechnology Experience
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the demand for biotech professionals, such as techs and biochemists, will grow over the next several years. That's good news, but it also means you need a competitive resume that describes your experience in a compelling way. As in our biotechnology resume templates, use action words and specific phrases from the job listing.
• Maintain and update records for inventory using accurate identification, labeling, and placement of materials and supplies
• Calibrate lab equipment using approved procedures, monitor quality-control protocols, and oversee lab tech use of equipment
• Ensure consistent operation of equipment by troubleshooting breakdowns, overseeing preventative maintenance, and scheduling regular inspections
• Complete projects with lab team, attend group meetings, and update records for data evaluations and steps to project completion
• Comply with health and safety jobsite regulations by adhering to standards established by the FDA and CLIA
Biotechnology Resume Tips
The biotechnology resume templates provide a starting point for your own writing. Read through the examples to get a feel for what the organization and content of your document should look like. Then use the following tips to improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Biotechnology Resume: After crafting a solid document, tailor each copy of your resume to the job requirements and specific needs listed in job postings. Look through the job ad for words used frequently, and include those terms in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You may detail your qualifications further down on the page, but a brief summary statement at the top of your resume attracts the attention of hiring managers. This concise statement convinces recruiters to spend more time reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: As a scientific professional, you're no stranger to the value of solid numbers and specific, proven facts. Incorporate these in your resume to bring validity to descriptions of your accomplishments and abilities.
Biotechnology Resume Templates
We've gathered together real-world biotechnology resume templates uploaded by previous jobseekers. Use these documents as a guide for your own resume. Take your efforts even further with an award-winning resume builder from experts at My Perfect Resume. Write a professional document that satisfies peer reviews and leads to career opportunities.
- Biotechnology Example 11
Naveen kumar Srinivasa murthy EducationSouth Dakota State University – Jan 2014 (Anticipated) Brookings, South Dakota, United States Microbiology, Master of Science MS Research Project: Studies on Bacillus strains for their possible ro... more 12
- Biotechnology Example 12
xyla xson Education Socastee High School, 2016, Myrtle BeachSouth Carolina, USA High School, International Baccaulaureate Diploma Program I intend to have engineering, neurology, and/or mathematics as my college major(s) at this point in... more 13
- Biotechnology Example 13
Taekwondo Instruction, August 2008 – Present Kim, Lewisville, TX, USA During these hour-long classes, I am able to work with and instruct a variety of age groups because of my black belt status. These include hours of toddlers, mid... more 14
- Biotechnology Example 14
Biotechnology Specialist, Molecular Biologist – ( 2011 – now) PureBiologisc Sp.z o.o., WrocÅaw, Lower Silesian (Poland) Adjusted, modified, and developed protocols for experiments. Planned and performed new experiments a... more 15
- Biotechnology Example 15
Apprentance – ( 6/3/15 – 6/2/16) Duke University, Durham, North Carolina (United States) I aided Professor Ashutosh Chilkoti in his research in biomolecular materials and biointerface science. Here I learned about finding a... more 16
- Biotechnology Example 16
ll o nn EducationCork Institute of Technology , 2016 Cork, cork, Ireland Engineering , BEng Honours Biomedical Engineering Bachelor’s Engineering DegreeWork historyRock climbing Team and society instructor, Sep 2011 – Pres... more 17
- Biotechnology Example 17
xina xi-ben Work history– – // ()Education and Traininghighschool – Medical (2019) Edward M kennedy Academy for health careers – Boston // boston ma (United States) I am in the 10th grade at Edward m... more 18
- Biotechnology Example 18
Academy Representative, September 2015 – June 2016 Bergen County Academies, Hackensack, New Jersey, United States Served on Class Council and represented academy.Related StudiesBiology, Chemistry, BiotechnologyExperience... more 19
- Biotechnology Example 19
Intern – ( September 2014 – June 2015) Quest Diagnostics, Salem, New Hampshire (USA) Watched and observed lab procedures, worked with equipment, overall better understanding of medical fieldOcean Tank Intern – ( M... more 20
- Biotechnology Example 20
Senior Director of Finance – Price Waterhouse 2004 – 2016 // New York City (USA) CPA and Tax Professional with 5+ years in (company name) consulting firm Established tables of accounts and assigned entries to proper account... more