Any document you create as a biotech professional must withstand the scrutiny of your peers. The same is true of your resume. This professional document outlines the specifics of your abilities and professional qualities, backing each claim with solid proof in your work history and achievements.
Draw on strategic tips from collaborating professionals and our examples of real-world biotechnology resume templates. Use expert-driven resources as writing guides to put together a resume that leads to the interviews you want. We've included access to advice and articles that can help you craft a stunning document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Biotechnology Experience
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the demand for biotech professionals, such as techs and biochemists, will grow over the next several years. That's good news, but it also means you need a competitive resume that describes your experience in a compelling way. As in our biotechnology resume templates, use action words and specific phrases from the job listing.
• Maintain and update records for inventory using accurate identification, labeling, and placement of materials and supplies
• Calibrate lab equipment using approved procedures, monitor quality-control protocols, and oversee lab tech use of equipment
• Ensure consistent operation of equipment by troubleshooting breakdowns, overseeing preventative maintenance, and scheduling regular inspections
• Complete projects with lab team, attend group meetings, and update records for data evaluations and steps to project completion
• Comply with health and safety jobsite regulations by adhering to standards established by the FDA and CLIA
Biotechnology Resume Tips
The biotechnology resume templates provide a starting point for your own writing. Read through the examples to get a feel for what the organization and content of your document should look like. Then use the following tips to improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Biotechnology Resume: After crafting a solid document, tailor each copy of your resume to the job requirements and specific needs listed in job postings. Look through the job ad for words used frequently, and include those terms in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You may detail your qualifications further down on the page, but a brief summary statement at the top of your resume attracts the attention of hiring managers. This concise statement convinces recruiters to spend more time reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: As a scientific professional, you're no stranger to the value of solid numbers and specific, proven facts. Incorporate these in your resume to bring validity to descriptions of your accomplishments and abilities.
Biotechnology Resume Templates
We've gathered together real-world biotechnology resume templates uploaded by previous jobseekers. Use these documents as a guide for your own resume. Take your efforts even further with an award-winning resume builder from experts at My Perfect Resume. Write a professional document that satisfies peer reviews and leads to career opportunities.
- Biotechnology Example 21
Co-worker, assistant (2012 – Continuing)Cone Tool Company, Seminole, Oklahoma, United States Examined user requirements to determine usability of design according to time and cost objectives. Determined locations and planned min... more 22
- Biotechnology Example 22
Stocker, Cashier (January 2015 – June 2015) Feed and Trade, Fair Grove, MO, United States I brought customers feed, worked a register, and stocked the store with feed. Accomplishments Finalist for Chancellor’s scholarship,... more 23
- Biotechnology Example 23
ena hary Areas of expertiseGreat communication skills,Awesome team-work skills,Flexibility., €¢ Communicate new research findings to lay audiences – 2To secure a challenging position that utilizes my years of experience, while... more 24
- Biotechnology Example 24
BCIL-BITP Fellowship, dec 2010 – june 2011 Labland Biotech, mysore, karnataka, india Advised customers on medications. Administered prescriptions to patientsResearch Scholar, june 2011 – oct 2011 Yogi Vemana University, ... more 25
- Biotechnology Example 25
Tutoring – ( 8/7/2010 – 5/21/2014) Private, Salem, Oregon (U.S.A) I find the act of helping someone expand their thinking and working knowledge of the universe deeply rewarding in a way I have yet to find anywhere else. I ... more 26
- Biotechnology Example 26
Undergraduate Researcher (May 2014 – September 2014)Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Belcher Lab, Cambridge, MA ?? Synthesized and utilized M13 bacteriophage and noble metal nanoparticles for applications in pharm... more 27
- Biotechnology Example 27
Research Assistant II – ( April 13 2015 – Present) University Of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston , TX (United State) Creating a prostate cancer animal model. Treat them with hyper polarized matirial do Imaging stu... more 28
- Biotechnology Example 28
ot be Education North Dakota State University, 2013, FargoND, USA Molecular Pathogenesis, Doctoral Doctor of Philosophy in Molecular PathogenesisNorth Dakota State University, 2008, FargoND, USA Food Safety, Masters Masters of Foo... more 29
- Biotechnology Example 29
Lead Design Engineer – ( 1 / 14 – Present) Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey (United States) Created a protocol and executed with subjects to determine the rate of the eye reflex (microsaccades) with altering levels o... more 30
- Biotechnology Example 30
elle alov Education Bachelor, Bioengineering University of Pittsburgh, 2019, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (United States) Interests Athletics – An avid figure skater, the whirlwind world of determination and practice time has instille... more