Any document you create as a biotech professional must withstand the scrutiny of your peers. The same is true of your resume. This professional document outlines the specifics of your abilities and professional qualities, backing each claim with solid proof in your work history and achievements.
Draw on strategic tips from collaborating professionals and our examples of real-world biotechnology resume templates. Use expert-driven resources as writing guides to put together a resume that leads to the interviews you want. We've included access to advice and articles that can help you craft a stunning document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Biotechnology Experience
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the demand for biotech professionals, such as techs and biochemists, will grow over the next several years. That's good news, but it also means you need a competitive resume that describes your experience in a compelling way. As in our biotechnology resume templates, use action words and specific phrases from the job listing.
• Maintain and update records for inventory using accurate identification, labeling, and placement of materials and supplies
• Calibrate lab equipment using approved procedures, monitor quality-control protocols, and oversee lab tech use of equipment
• Ensure consistent operation of equipment by troubleshooting breakdowns, overseeing preventative maintenance, and scheduling regular inspections
• Complete projects with lab team, attend group meetings, and update records for data evaluations and steps to project completion
• Comply with health and safety jobsite regulations by adhering to standards established by the FDA and CLIA
Biotechnology Resume Tips
The biotechnology resume templates provide a starting point for your own writing. Read through the examples to get a feel for what the organization and content of your document should look like. Then use the following tips to improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Biotechnology Resume: After crafting a solid document, tailor each copy of your resume to the job requirements and specific needs listed in job postings. Look through the job ad for words used frequently, and include those terms in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You may detail your qualifications further down on the page, but a brief summary statement at the top of your resume attracts the attention of hiring managers. This concise statement convinces recruiters to spend more time reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: As a scientific professional, you're no stranger to the value of solid numbers and specific, proven facts. Incorporate these in your resume to bring validity to descriptions of your accomplishments and abilities.
Biotechnology Resume Templates
We've gathered together real-world biotechnology resume templates uploaded by previous jobseekers. Use these documents as a guide for your own resume. Take your efforts even further with an award-winning resume builder from experts at My Perfect Resume. Write a professional document that satisfies peer reviews and leads to career opportunities.
- Biotechnology Example 31
Volunteer English Teacher (January 2014 – March 2014) Secondary School, Valencia, Valencia, Spain Volunteer English teacher at Secondary School in Spain. I was teaching to class 8th. Education A level, Science IES Jordi de Sant... more 32
- Biotechnology Example 32
cob xley Education Winnebago High School, 2017, WinnebagoIllinois, United States of America General, GED I am currently a Winnebago High School student who plans to graduate in the spring of 2017.Rock Valley College, 2017, RockfordI... more 33
- Biotechnology Example 33
Associate Research Scientist, December, 2011 – Till date Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Company (Mahyco), Jalna, Maharashtra, India Identify research requirements and prepare budgets and other specifications for the project. Developed re... more 34
- Biotechnology Example 34
xeler ncia Technical skillsMedical Training, Life Sciences – Ten YearsEducationMaster, Ph.D., Doctorate – Engineering and Technology (2014) Northcentral University – Prescott Valley // Arizona (United States of Ame... more 35
- Biotechnology Example 35
Undergraduate Researcher – Liman Lab April 2016 – August 2016 // Los Angeles (US) Responsible for genotyping mice used for research and recording all the results and data down Prepared tissue cultures Conducted bacterial t... more 36
- Biotechnology Example 36
Assistant Professor – ( 20th July 2013 – 28th May 2015) Ashoka Institute of Technology and Management, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh (India) Planned course content and methodology. Prepared drafts of material to be covered and pr... more 37
- Biotechnology Example 37
Student – ( 02/2013 – present day) Miramar Community College, San Diego, California (United States) Recorded data, observations, conclusions and result to use them in presentations and publications. Understanding of proper ... more 38
- Biotechnology Example 38
SRF (02/01/2009 – till) CPPRI, Saharanpur, UP, India Presently I am working as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the project entitled ??An Integrated Approach of Utilization of Bagasse Pith for Bioethanol Production and Value Adde... more 39
- Biotechnology Example 39
research trainee (Nov 2012 – till now) BIFC, Kanpur, Uttar pradesh, India worked on a research project research trainee (september 2011 – march2012) H.H.Biotechnologies pvt. ltd., Agra, Uttar pradesh, India DBT sponsored ... more 40
- Biotechnology Example 40
Fresher – ( 08/06/2015 – 07/07/2015) Vmax imaging, Ahmedabad, Gujarat (India) 1 month technical training under Mr.L.M. Vadivala owner of Vmax Imaging agency provides Sales & Service of Siemens Instruments.Trainee &... more