Any document you create as a biotech professional must withstand the scrutiny of your peers. The same is true of your resume. This professional document outlines the specifics of your abilities and professional qualities, backing each claim with solid proof in your work history and achievements.
Draw on strategic tips from collaborating professionals and our examples of real-world biotechnology resume templates. Use expert-driven resources as writing guides to put together a resume that leads to the interviews you want. We've included access to advice and articles that can help you craft a stunning document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Biotechnology Experience
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the demand for biotech professionals, such as techs and biochemists, will grow over the next several years. That's good news, but it also means you need a competitive resume that describes your experience in a compelling way. As in our biotechnology resume templates, use action words and specific phrases from the job listing.
• Maintain and update records for inventory using accurate identification, labeling, and placement of materials and supplies
• Calibrate lab equipment using approved procedures, monitor quality-control protocols, and oversee lab tech use of equipment
• Ensure consistent operation of equipment by troubleshooting breakdowns, overseeing preventative maintenance, and scheduling regular inspections
• Complete projects with lab team, attend group meetings, and update records for data evaluations and steps to project completion
• Comply with health and safety jobsite regulations by adhering to standards established by the FDA and CLIA
Biotechnology Resume Tips
The biotechnology resume templates provide a starting point for your own writing. Read through the examples to get a feel for what the organization and content of your document should look like. Then use the following tips to improve the quality of your resume.
1. Personalize Your Biotechnology Resume: After crafting a solid document, tailor each copy of your resume to the job requirements and specific needs listed in job postings. Look through the job ad for words used frequently, and include those terms in your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You may detail your qualifications further down on the page, but a brief summary statement at the top of your resume attracts the attention of hiring managers. This concise statement convinces recruiters to spend more time reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: As a scientific professional, you're no stranger to the value of solid numbers and specific, proven facts. Incorporate these in your resume to bring validity to descriptions of your accomplishments and abilities.
Biotechnology Resume Templates
We've gathered together real-world biotechnology resume templates uploaded by previous jobseekers. Use these documents as a guide for your own resume. Take your efforts even further with an award-winning resume builder from experts at My Perfect Resume. Write a professional document that satisfies peer reviews and leads to career opportunities.
- Biotechnology Example 41
Giovanni Anthony EducationNorth Carolina Central University, 2013 Durham, NC, United States Biology, BS Bachelor’s Degree in BiologyLanguagesEnglish, Fluent Fluent in EnglishEwe, Fluent Native language in Togo where I was Born... more 42
- Biotechnology Example 42
The Enfield Inn, Enfield, Connecticut (United States) Receptionist/Manager, 06/2013 – 08/2016 Was in charge of hotel while owners were away for day to day errands. Responsibilities included checking guests in, entering guest data ... more 43
- Biotechnology Example 43
ar al hi EducationJamil Rawass High School , 2013-2014 Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon Life science, Bachelor educationKatip Calabi University, 2019-2020 Cigli, Izmir, Turkey Biomedical Engineering , Diploma UndergraduateLanguagesArabic, ... more 44
- Biotechnology Example 44
Medical Equipiment Analyst – ( 1/24/09 – 7/13/09) Universit of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, TN (United States) I was promoted to this position 2 years after my internship.EducationUniversity Of California ... more 45
- Biotechnology Example 45
Drain All LTD, Ottawa, Ontario Aug 2014 – Nov 2015 : Chemical Technician Applied appropriate chemicals, mixing of chemicals, Haze mat safety training Sorting and Processing Hazardous Chemicals Sampling and analyzing raw materials Do... more 46
- Biotechnology Example 46
Adarsh Madhu Objective Looking a position to utilize my experience and expertise in the academics & industry that offers competitive environment, a true profession to put in the acquired knowledge and gain exposure to upcoming technologies w... more 47
- Biotechnology Example 47
Cell Therapy Technician (April 2014 – April 2015)Lonza, Walkersville, MD, USA Perform/Verify tasks relating to cell culture following cGMP procedures/guidelines. Aseptic gowning for cleanrooms. Weekly equipment cleaning per comp... more 48
- Biotechnology Example 48
Omics Scientific Group, Hyderabad, AP (India) Programme Coordinator, June 2012 – Feb 2013 Presented and published articles in scientific journals, prepared presentations for seminars, conferences and meetings. . Reviewed, modified... more 49
- Biotechnology Example 49
Microbiologist Internship – ( June 10th, 2010 – August 10th, 2010) Dugway Proving Ground, Salt Lake City, Utah (United States of America) Learned and practiced common procedures in the lab that included cultivating bacteria... more 50
- Biotechnology Example 50
Computational neuroscience & Brain Machine Interface Lab, Biomedical Engineering Department of NYMU, Undergraduate intern student, March 2012 – Present Taipei, Taiwan, TaiwanSINAPSE(Singapore Institute for Neurotechnology), ... more